Paste & Cut Travelling Box #3 - Reviews and Comments

Not necessarily @Sxot ....

@Mark1966 you can keep my samples if you want or pass onto others that enjoy them, it is not like I am running out of soap

Thanks mate, and @Osman said the same - too many generous people around here ;)

Ye postman cometh...

fkgi31Q.jpg

Sword: Takemaru
Suds: DR Harris Windsor / Omega S10108
Salve: Floid Vigoroso

I'm nominating @Mark1966 for Australian of the Year. What a stand up bloke! The effort that has gone into organising this box is massive. Although the form factor is more fun-sized than previous pass around boxes I've been involved with, it still packs a punch and there's no way I'll dent it in two weeks. Overall, I feel it's a better, more suitable size and I reckon we should make this the standard box size going forward.

The DR Harris cream smell stupendously good. I don't know how to describe scents but this one smells vetiver-y, cedar-y, citrus-y. Right up my alley. It reminds me of Terre d'Hermes which is a good thing of course. The lather is also outstanding.

I just had to finish up with the mighty Floid.

Fantastic shave!

Suds: Shaver Heaven Green Tub? / Omega S10108
Salve: Faena
Sundries: Alt-Innsbruck EDC

Shaver Heaven got the nod tonight. The lather was extremely nice and I had quite the Santa beard going. The scent is not my cup of tea (it reminds me a lot of Wickham's Ocean Spray) but the post-shave was a nice and neutral.

The Faena is quite good. It's a Greek aftershave but I don't know if it contains any ethanol. The scent is reminiscent of Lucky Tiger.

Finished up with a squirt of AI which is something I've been intrigued by for a long time. It's far sweeter than I imagined it would be but as time wears on, it's growing on me. Interesting stuff.

Another great review - thanks @khun_diddy !

It is Shaver Heaven Green Tobacco BTW :)

Sorry about my poor handwriting :(

Suds: Soap Commander Passion / Omega S10108
Salve: TOBS Bay Rum

Quick one tonight.

SC - really nice lather that feels silky going on and isn't too puffy. Was great to finally try it. Not a fan of the scent though (teakwood & cardamon).

TOBS - I love all bay rums but this will not replace the mighty VIBR!

Sword: Benzei
Suds: American Crew Shave Cream / Omega S10108
Salve: Proraso Green

Water, Stearic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Myristic Acid, Triethanolamine, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Paraffinum Liquidum, Petrolatum, Potassium Hydroxide, Stearyl Alcohol, Laureth-2, PEG/PPG-120/10 Dimethicone, Menthol, Myristyl Myristate, Diethylhexyl Adipate, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Myristyl Laurate, Lanolin Alcohol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Melissa Officinalis Leaf Extract, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Allantoin, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Flower Oil, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Quillaja Saponaria Bark Extract, Saponaria Officinalis/Root Extract, Parfum, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylparaben, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylparaben does not make for a very nice shaving experience.

Sword: MM Clog-Pruf
Suds: Van Yulay Chocolate Glaciado / Omega S10108
Salve: Aesop Moroccan Neroli Post-Shave Lotion

I was very close to not shaving today after my brutal encounter with American Crew's HAZMAT offering yesterday. My neck, in particular, was still in a critical condition but I figured what the hell?

Another artisan ticked off the list. The problem with artisan's though is that as you cut off the head of one, two or four new ones appear in its place like the mythical Hydra. And each artisan has around 29 different scents on the market. Van Yulay is a particularly egregious offender in this regard with no fewer than 71 different scents to choose from with catchy names like 'Unicorn Farts', 'Wind Walker', 'Isabelle' and who could forget 'Crystal Clear Psoriasis and Eczema'? Honestly, at this rate they may as well set up a combinatorial chemistry lab and set off a Cold War-eque race to be the first artisan offering 10 000 scents.

It is more of a cream than a croap so it's very easy to load. In order to increase the chocolate ambiance it has been coloured very dark and it was a little disconcerting seeing brown foam build in the palm but the lather fundamentals were all in order and it was nice to shave with. This is yet another strike out on the scent though. Call me old fashioned but covering my face in synthetic chocolate aroma is not my bag.

The Aesop lotion is actually really good. I'd never heard of it before but it does a good job.

It's here!!!!

Thank again @Mark1966 for raising this box from the ashes after the DHL debacle and of course @khun_diddy for the personal delivery!!!

Now I have a day time to contemplate what to use - and boy there is a LOT to choose from - here just a sneak peak:
1_InsideBoxS_zpsnciu1z5w.jpg

Wow @khun_diddy - very generous passing on so early!

I was expecting you to keep to the NEXT Adelaide meet up!

20160216_SOTDSBW_zpsns5ifubm.jpg

Pre-Shave: Occams pre-shave soap, cold water
Razor: Schick Injector L Type from the P&C Travel box V3.a
Blade: Schick (1) from the P&C Travel box V3.a
Brush: Whipped Dog 24mm Synthetic
Lather: Van Yulay Chocolate Glaciado from the P&C Travel box V3.a
Post-shave: Alum, Barrister & Man Kyovu Original​

First shave with the box today and I had to try out this soap- I mean, who doesn't want to shave with Chocolate right? WRONG!

First of all it is clearly a cream. I still don't understand, why people classify this as a soap. I personally don't care about the consistency, as long as it performs well, but trying to make me believe a cream is a soap...that I don't like. The initial scent is quiet fun - chocolate with a hint of coffee and some orange. But after the initial fun and games the artificial scent overpowers everything and I just couldn't help, but wanting it to end.

The lather is also not spectacular in my books - clearly the majority comes from Stearic acid, very creamy with lots of bubbles (even though I started with a very dry synthetic). And this resulted in a not very slick and not very protective lather with an unpleasant face feel after a couple of minutes (I assume due to the fragrance). What really surprised me though, was the fantastic post-shave feel. I didn't use and Olive Oil on purpose today and still have plumb and moist face feel. All in all, it definitely won't make my Christmas (or for this matter any other) shopping list - but I shaved with fake chocolate today :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

For completeness - here the ingredients list from one of their listings:
Made with Stearic Acid, Aloe Vera, Coconut Fatty Acid, Castor, Glycerin, Potassium Hydroxide, Babassu-Emu-Manteca-Argan-Oils, Half & Half, Abyssinian Oil, Kokum Butter, Calendula, Extracts, Poly Quats, Sodium Lactate, Allantoin, Silica, Powdered Coco, Ground Coffee, Kaolin Clay, Glaze, and Fragrance.

Now on to the Schick - a fantastic razor! Everybody should try one - the L type is so smooth yet so super efficient. I love, that is just has one angle and either you shave or you don't - but there is none of that second guessing. What a shame it has the cheap plastic handle and you can't take off the base plate...I really can't wait for my Kickstarter version to arrive - I have very high hopes for it!

All in a great first shave with the box - I am looking forward to the next one (y)