Products you would purchase in Australia

Lifes a Peach

...or a mango. But definitely a fruit.
2016 Sabbatical
Charity Auction Team
I was loitering in Mensbiz last week and Nathan asked me for a wish list of products and he would look into it. Aftershaves became the topic of conversation. I told him that I would think about it and get back to him. Yesterday I asked him if it was okay to cast the net a bit wider and get some feedback from a wider group and he was happy for me to do so.

So the question is - what products would you like to see stocked by a retailer like Mensbiz? I have no expectation that Nathan will oblige us with our choices but it good to know that he is willing to listen.

Having thought about this for a while I've decided on products that I think will have a broad and long lasting appeal, and those that are expensive to ship. To start things off here are my choices.

1. Razorock / Barrister & Mann Soaps
2. Myrsol aftershaves / Floid Blue
3. Muhle Synthetic Brushes (I wouldn't necessarily buy one but I think they would be popular)
4. Semogue Brushes

I could have added 20 more to that list but considered them to be risky. Aftershaves need to be shipped in special consignments, which is expensive and in large quantities to make it commercially viable.

I'm sure you guys can come up with some great ideas. I will pass on the most popular ones.

Sounds great!
I agree with your choices. The Razorock and B&M are quality products that would sell well.
The Myrsol is terrific and I for one would buy more if it was locally available. [emoji4]

Aftershaves would be a possibility, but are difficult to ship due to being fragile. I recall seeing a barrel of aftershaves (Fine I think) broken and wasted due to not being shipped correctly.

Fine Aftershaves, Captain's Choice, Ogallala Bay Rum, etc would probably sell well.

Barrister & Mann was the first one I thought of too... +3

I'd love to see more artisan range like maggards stock. Artisans soaps are getting a bigger market. Clearly it's worked very well for them, but obviously it's a tiny market here.

1. Razorock / Barrister & Mann Soaps
- Chris at the Shaverhut does the former, I'd be pretty keen on the latter
2. Myrsol aftershaves / Floid Blue
- Yes please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, etc.
3. Muhle Synthetic Brushes (I wouldn't necessarily buy one but I think they would be popular)
- wouldn't bother, again, Chris (ShaverHut) has this in his inventory for decent prices. Otherwise readily available OS and prices from some places in the states makes it hard to compete.
4. Semogue Brushes
- meh why bother if we can have Omega. I'd suggest a better range of the Omega high-end brushes.

I'll better comment on the Captain Choice when it arrives, but I reckon that would do well. Maybe bring in something really unique like the WM. Neumanns, Haslinger soaps, Acca Kappa (I so want to try some Acca Kappa)….or complement his high end Penhaligons, and AdP, etc., with some MdC ;)

I don't mind the razorock products. If they stocked them I would purchase from them over Shaver Hut due to postage.
I purchase the majority of my products from mensbiz and there service and delivery are great. Only downsize to the business is that products are consistently out of stock. I'd rather they consistently have stock on hand rather than bring more products in to the equation and have half of them unavailable.

I'd like to see Barrister & Mann and RazoRock too, and maybe even Calani. The big one that I'd most like to have access to would be the I Coloniali range by Atkinsons.

Sweet. Looks like we are off to a good start. Some very fine choices indeed.

Can't wait to see what eventuates!

Time to use your influential position LaP! For the good of the Australian wet shaving community [emoji12]

Ogallala would be my first choice

Pinauds Special Reserve just for me

Alt Innsbruck ?

Seriously I wonder if there really is much of a gap in his range - lets keep overheads down and stock turn high to make sure prices stay reasonable :)

Seriously I wonder if there really is much of a gap in his range - lets keep overheads down and stock turn high to make sure prices stay reasonable :)
I hear ya mate and agree - we need good stocks of the entire Myrsol range. Excellent. Next thread?

From what I hear the Soap Commander products are absolutely amazing. Not just the soaps but the after shaves as well, I would definitely purchased that if mr stocked it

I reckon Nathan could score at least a couple of those in the first list. All depends on whether the importers/wholesalers will give him a decent deal.

No one would buy Semogues, but.

Then call me No One, as I reckon the badger/boar mix that they do would be bloody interesting to try over an extended period of time.

Then call me No One, as I reckon the badger/boar mix that they do would be bloody interesting to try over an extended period of time.
Not sure RM will make a banner of it, but I reckon that'll stick.
Nice one No One!

I hear Sterling soaps are great, but also very very cheap. It would be nice to have a solid artisan option for those on a budget.

I hear Sterling soaps are great, but also very very cheap. It would be nice to have a solid artisan option for those on a budget.
That is a good idea. Stirling is cheap and so would be a good one to import and sell here.