Products you would purchase in Australia

Never mind Stillsy. It was a democratic process to come up with the 5 products to approach Nathan with and the Semogue didn't get much support. As I stated, its no big deal because they would be more expensive to buy locally. Too easy to get them directly from Portugal.

@borked may have some backers, but I think @stillshunter will be struggling for a seconder let alone enough votes for the motion to carry.

Too many here seem to have had bad experiences with smoggies.
What if I informed you I had a bad experience with a wayward knot in a Semogue too ?
What if I followed up with advise that I contacted Semogue about this, they explained that it is a known prior quality control/design issue that they've addressed and sent me a brand new replacement and a sticker for use upon the old brush if I decide to restore it.
What If I advised you that I have contacted Vie Long in regards to a knot that sheds, well malts and despite multiple attempts, they've never replied ?

I hear you about Ogallala @borked but it didn't make the final list.

As for Semogue, well....

and

...it didn't make the final list.

Not a big deal because they can be purchased and posted cheaply from vintagescent.com.
Just excitedly looked, nyet, nein Ogallala :(

*calls for a recount*

Edit - to fix a typo

Last edited:
I haven't owned a smog myself @borked, I was just commenting on the bad rep they have got with a few people here.

:oops: ...you got me @Lifes a Peach ....damn my fickleness, next I'll go thinking it's OK to rub my face with turkish toilet pucks.
Actually, your re-evaluation of your stance, only to find your prior stance lacking and willingness to openly admit as such, is a credit to your persona mate :)

As for cheap future Semogues... http://www.portuguesefactory.com/

I haven't owned a smog myself @borked, I was just commenting on the bad rep they have got with a few people here.
Mate, that's ok, I've provided an opinion that shares the same beginning, yet demonstrates wonderful service and reason for a reconsideration by those that have had bad experiences in the past :)
As @stillshunter 's experience demonstrated, it takes a little while for the love to be reciprocated from a Semogue, yet when it does... :)

Last edited:
I've NO Ogallala at all :(
I've only one last application of the Limes & Peppercorns AS. A further 5-6 of the Double Strength Cologne but ... ... ... the Limes & Peppercorns just hangs around for a whole day. I apply it at 8.00am and I'm still getting wafts till 6.00-8.00pm that night. Of the limited few AS's I've tried, Limes & Peppercorns is easily the longest lasting ... ... ... and best scent.

I'm going to rap this up and provide Nathan with our wishlist. From my skimming of our wishes I have formed this list.

1. Barrister & Mann soaps
2. Razorock soaps
3. Myrsol aftershaves
4. Floid Blue
5. Stirling soaps

I recognise that there were others but I'm going with the general-ish consensus.

Who knows if Nathan will accommodate this in full but lets see. I think 5 items is being realistic.

If everyone's cool with the final list I will send it to him.

How did we agree on this list and leave out ....

Ogallala
Ogallala

Ogallala
Ogallala
Ogallala
Ogallala

Ogallala
Ogallala
OGALLALA

PS OGALLALA limes and peppers bay rum please :)

The soaps we can get into the country already but Ogallala - alas and alack I will have to make another trip to the US when I run out ....

@Mark1966 I believe that's a point I made back then as well mate :)
You're not alone and at least one other person I know of was bitten the same way as I, that blame is squarely the property of the PC TB 2 ;)
If you do head over, use your frequent flyer point to hire a small jet and fill it with Ogallala :)

@Dale.Whiley that was my experience with it too and was strongly tempted in keeping it, yet felt @stillshunter had to experience it and went with 444 in lieu as he already had some.
It's good stuff, 8oz is not going to be enough, so would have to grab 2x bottles if reasonably priced.

Hi, my name is Borked and it has been about 150 days since I've felt the loving embrace of Ogallala Lime and Peppercorn Bay Rum upon my face!

Last edited:
I've NO Ogallala at all :(
Woe unto be me!

@Mark1966 If you do head over, use your frequent flyer point to hire a small jet and fill it with Ogallala :)
@Dale.Whiley that was my experience with it too and was strongly tempted in keeping it, yet felt @stillshunter had to experience it and went with 444 in lieu as he already had some.
It's good stuff, 8oz is not going to be enough, so would have to grab 2x bottles if reasonably priced.

Hi, my name is Borked and it has been about 150 days since I've felt the loving embrace of Ogallala Lime and Peppercorn Bay Rum upon my face!
Woe unto both of us @borked. Used the last of my Ogallala Limes & Peppercorn today. Only had a small splash left but I was still getting the odd waft 9 hours later. The scent is almost totally gone now.

Woe unto both of us @borked !!!!

My name is @borked and it has been over 200 days Ogallala Bay Rum Limes & Peppercorn free.
Please, someone help me ( and @Dale.Whiley ) ?

My name is @borked and it has been over 200 days Ogallala Bay Rum Limes & Peppercorn free.
Please, someone help me ( and @Dale.Whiley ) ?
I'm loving my Lime and Peppercorn and the Sandalwood even more. I'm thinking of getting some sent to AUS serendipitously. Anyone tried their Sage and Cedar?

I'm loving my Lime and Peppercorn and the Sandalwood even more. I'm thinking of getting some sent to AUS serendipitously. Anyone tried their Sage and Cedar?
Shh you, unless you've a secret stash with @Dale.Whiley and my name upon it ;)

I'm interested to see what comes of this. As far as I'm concerned, the best thing local vendors could stock would be aftershaves, in particular Floid Blue and Amber and the Myrsol range. Also things like Aqua Velva, etc.

Sage and Cedar gets a lot of compliments from my wife. I prefer the Sandalwood but they are all quite lovely.

I'm interested to see what comes of this. As far as I'm concerned, the best thing local vendors could stock would be aftershaves, in particular Floid Blue and Amber and the Myrsol range. Also things like Aqua Velva, etc.

Agreed. I want to add in Captain's choice and Fine aftershaves to that list.

I'd love to see some of Stirling's range here. The soaps are cheap as chips and very good value for money as long as the scent works for you.
I've had some winners and some losers on that front but would definitely buy again. Even more so I'd we could get their bath soaps and aftershaves as well.