Shave of the Day Thread - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brush : yaqi synth
Razor: rocket he
Soap: anne Bonny
Splash: anne bonny

Nice shave this morning.the Dr jobs is as good as a vegan soap gets imo and the rocket is turning into one of my favourite razors being smooth and quite efficient. It doesn't feel as light and tinny as most Gillette razors but still far from heavy. the only thing I'm not sure about is wether the handle is to short just 1 more inch and it would be spot on.(where have I heard that before😁?). The soap is just a thin smear on the bottom of the tin so might see if I can polish it off this week..

3GU5ZNNl.jpg

First time using the Paladin and initial impression is that it’s nice to use. Nice backbone and holds the lather very well. I only used painting strokes to make the lather on my face and it was a touch thinner than I’d normally get, but this is no doubt user error.

The Karve D again gave a brilliantly close shave and finished off with the always great smelling FBR.

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) General Ledger shaving soap
Razor: Gillette NEW head on TSW Bren handle
Blade: NOS Gillette 'Super Stainless' (9)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) General Ledger aftershave splash
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) General Ledger EDP

Same same, using the third brush from the front. First fog of winter here today ...

nO4t6jNl.jpg

APR week for me.. I am on a mission to finish my first tub of soap... ever!!! awesome shave, bbs just the way i like it :)

Brush: Yaqi Mokka Express
Soap: Australian Private Reserve Florian
Razor: Timeless 0.95 SB
Blade: Persona Platinum (2)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve Florian Splash

APR Skye Fall soap and splash
Simpsons 58 Manchurian
Charcoal Goods Stainless Steel Level 1

Compared to yesterday's shave (which was too aggressive for my liking) today's shave was pure bliss. I used the same blade as yesterday, but the experience was totally different. This razor is so well constructed and for me has perfect weight, length and balance. It just glided around with no irritation, drag or nicks. Two passes was all that was needed.

I have really enjoyed APRil, but am looking forward to a bit more variety. I guess that I just need to purchase more APR so that I am better prepared for ARPil 2020.​

APRil SOTM
IMAG0437.jpg

Brush: Yaqi 30mm
Blade: Polsilver SI (6)
Razor: Timeless Bronze OC :doctor:
Bowl: Pereira's Unbreakable bowl
Soap: APR General Ledger
Pre: Shower + Washpool Face Cleansing bar

Brush: RR 400
Blade: Rockwell (1)
Face: Merkur 34C HD
Head: Headblade Moto
Soap: APR Ozymandias

Brush: RR 400
Blade: Rockwell (2)
Razor: Karve (D plate) + WCS brass handle
Soap: APR Suitably Attired Australian

I've been slack posting updates so here's my last 3 shaves to finish up a fantastic SOTM experience. Brought out the Timeless Bronze OC and preceeded to cut up my face which sucked, still managed a BBS :) Overall @todras has done a great job with the different scent profiles and as nice as they all are my favourites are by far the Wintery scents: Skye Fall, Fenchurch & Ozymandias with top marks on Bay City, General Ledger, Fresca and Suitably Attired Summer/Australian :love: Performance wise I love both formulas with awesome latherability and post shave feel. Looking forward to what May will bring... Happy shaves!

Dindi pre shave oil
KarveD w/Polsilver
EJ STFv1 21mm
Soap Commander - Purpose
Sacred earth splash

I prefer larger synthetic brushes but this one works really well due to the construction characteristics of the STFv1 knots. I have the set in 21, 23 and 25mm. My favorite brushes ever!!

SC soaps never disappoint. Very nice scents and great, rich lather.

It's getting hot where I am so the balm has been put away and this local splash I found will get me through the summer months. It's composed of alcohol, witch hazel, tea tree and menthol (although I hardly feel the menthol).

20190430-084725-01.jpg

Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: RAW RS-10, Mild Plate
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Skye Fall
Enjoying the simple things in life. :)

Date:- 30 April 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Brush:- Edwin Jagger Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/58mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wholly Kaw ~ Lav Sublime
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Super Adjustable S2 1972 / Vintage NOS Gillette Stainless #14
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss Intense

fMxpiC5l.jpg

Pre: Pb PSE
Soap: Pb Phoenix VI (mentholated)
Brush: Zenith Boar
Razor: Blacklands Sabre
Blade: GEM (2)
I quite enjoyed the smoky orange of Phoenix this morning and it made for a good combo with the Sabre for a fairly easy BBS shave.

Pre: shower and glycerin soap
Brush: Yaqi Mysterious Space Tuxedo
Soap: GD After the Fire
Razor: Karve D
Blade: Gillette Rubie

Great shave with ideal results and no irritation. The D plate is spot on for me, but i will use the other plates from time to time when i deem it fit. I guess the soap has about a week remaining, but does need to be mushed into the centre of the tub to help loading. This typically signals its final few dances.

Another APR day...must finish soap!! this time I threw in a nacet and yeah this blade is not for me, substantially rougher than the polsilver

Brush: Yaqi Mokka Express
Soap: Australian Private Reserve Florian
Razor: Timeless 0.95 SB
Blade: Nacet (1)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve Florian Splash

Status
Not open for further replies.