Status
Not open for further replies.
8LxfbKXl.jpg

Soap: PAA Gondolier
Brush: Zenith Boar
Razor: Game Changer .84
Blade: Feather (1)
AS: B&M Seville
The Feather did a great job but just a tad harsh.

x17Kdo5l.jpg

Went for a full bowl lather today as working with the samples in a bowl worked really well for me.

Let’s take a step back - last night Mrs Tim33z was away for work so I decided to do a practice bowl lather with the Reserve. It was fantastic I would say.

So today I go to replicate this for my shave today and I had to of added too much water. By the time I went from bowl to face, there was globs dripping from the brush and then after applying some, it was very thin and didn’t provide great coverage.

Nevertheless, it felt slick as hell so I took to it with my razor. It was as if I hadn’t stuffed it up! Very nice to shave with. Messy, but performed well.

If I had to say something about this soap base it’s that it’s very finicky to get right and doesn’t end up with the consistency of APR for example, which I prefer. Once I get through this and their Classic I doubt I’d get the Reserve again. I prefer the glissant (yet to try excelsior).

x17Kdo5l.jpg

Went for a full bowl lather today as working with the samples in a bowl worked really well for me.

Let’s take a step back - last night Mrs Tim33z was away for work so I decided to do a practice bowl lather with the Reserve. It was fantastic I would say.

So today I go to replicate this for my shave today and I had to of added too much water. By the time I went from bowl to face, there was globs dripping from the brush and then after applying some, it was very thin and didn’t provide great coverage.

Nevertheless, it felt slick as hell so I took to it with my razor. It was as if I hadn’t stuffed it up! Very nice to shave with. Messy, but performed well.

If I had to say something about this soap base it’s that it’s very finicky to get right and doesn’t end up with the consistency of APR for example, which I prefer. Once I get through this and their Classic I doubt I’d get the Reserve again. I prefer the glissant (yet to try excelsior).
I also prefer the glissant, but boy oh boy, this stuff is slick

A smooth, easy, comfortable shave today with a horror ending. I bent down to put the shave gear away and then stood and turned, hitting my head on a corner wall and opening up a 1.5" gash commencing from my hairline. Blood everywhere, including sprays, splatters and pools. Honestly, it looked like a crime scene. My first serious cut from shaving, albeit indirectly.

Pre: Glycerine Soap
Bowl: Fine
Brush: Frank Shaving 24mm Synthetic
Soap: Stirling Sharp Dressed Man
Razor: Rockwell 6C
Blade: Gillette Platinum (2)
Balm: Stirling Sharp Dressed Man
Post, Post: Bandage, Antiseptic cream :inpain:

SOTD-6-8-19.png

sotd-08052019-gif.201093

Modern Williams puck +Aqua Velva Ice Blue AS + Osage Rub + a medium sized menthol crystal
B-400 & Omega Professional 98 boar knot
Osaka Suribachi bowl and cool water
Gillette H-2 Slim on #9
Fresh Voskhod blade
Osage Rub Splash

With humidity and temps in the upper 80's (+/-32° C) a cool shave felt great this evening. Three passes, a little touch up along jaw line and lower neck I finished well into a DFS with no errors.

Date:- 06 August 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Muhle Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/60mm knot
Soap/Cream:- The Club ~ La Cosa Nostra
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB Brass 'B' / Polsilver Super Iridium #11
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Tabac

OMG!..... OMG!..... My bathroom truly smells like heaven, very warm, and relaxing scent. I truly loved the smell of La Cosa Nostra, straight from my nose, I get was tobacco, whiskey, sandalwood, vanilla, spicy and something deep woody scent which is not very strong. You guys MUST!!!! get this soap into your den. The quality of the lather is very rich, creamy and slick, post-shave feels on my face is excellence with goats milk and lanolin.

6e8c02451b89b4f65fddc8989a5e25f8.png

Last edited:
AtHa79Pl.jpg

A Soap Commander support shave today. I’d bet on it being 12 months since I’ve used the soap and it is extremely good. Easy to lather and excellent slickness. One of my favourites as far as Barbershop scents. It’s light but intricate to my nose.

The balm is excellent at soothing a raw face, so today it wasn’t needed but I still wanted to use it prior to splashing on the Stirling Barbershop splash.

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: Timeless 0.95 SB
Blade: Feather (1)
Brush: Omega Boar
Soap: A&E Signature

Gave the feather a try in the Timeless today. Found it a little rougher than R41 + Feather combo but at the same time smoother due to the blade feel of the Timeless v R41, strange feeling.

Also got bit a couple of times, I find the Timeless lures me into a false sense of confidence as it is such a smooth razor and allows you to drop your guard, whereas with the R41 you feel the blade so it helps keep the concentration up.

Conclusion: Timeless better matched with a Polsilver SI while the R41 better suited to a feather.

My JAWS delivery should be coming today, so looking forward to tomorrows shave :cool:

48475743401_ce1b8efc54_b.jpg

IMG-20190807-110210.jpg

Brush: Yaqi 30mm
Razor: iKon X3 + Bulldog II handle
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Bowl: Bloom pottery shaving bowl
Pre: Shower + Proraso white preshave
Soap: Pb Tobacco Blue

Not sure what @Pbgoose has put into this sample but man did it go pop! Lots of creamy, slick lather and the scent got better and better throughout the shave. The X3 shaved smooth and efficient, so much so that I'm nursing a few weepers... A truly fabulous BBS! :love:

IMG-20190807-111046.jpg

Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: Karve Christopher Bradley, C plate
Blade: Ladas
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron, The Warden
WTG, ATG, touch up with adjusted angles for my beard.

IMG-4697.jpg

Pre-shave: Shower
Bowl: Limited Edition P&C 2019 Auction Grey Bowl by Avalon Pottery
Brush: Semogue - Excelsior 1460 - sanded off the remaining paint and treated the raw wood to some Olive Oil
Soap: Australian Private Reserve / Noble Otter Limited Edition TEXAUS
Razor: Muhle R41
Blade: Nacet #3
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve / Noble Otter Limited Edition TEXAUS Aftershave

Second shave with TEXAUS and I found the Semogue too soft to load and whip up a good lather in the bowl so lathered directly from the tub. Smooth lather and beautiful scent. Stayed with me all day and not overpowering
The R41 gave one of the best shaving experiences to date. Very efficient with no bleeders. If I can maintain form and avoid cutting myself this will become a favorite. (y)(y)
Thanks P&C and @Davec36

IZDafyq.jpg

Pre-shave: Shower
Bowl: Limited Edition P&C 2019 Auction Grey Bowl by Avalon Pottery
Brush: Semogue - Excelsior 1460 - sanded off the remaining paint and treated the raw wood to some Olive Oil
Soap: Australian Private Reserve / Noble Otter Limited Edition TEXAUS
Razor: Muhle R41
Blade: Nacet #3
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve / Noble Otter Limited Edition TEXAUS Aftershave

Second shave with TEXAUS and I found the Semogue too soft to load and whip up a good lather in the bowl so lathered directly from the tub. Smooth lather and beautiful scent. Stayed with me all day and not overpowering
The R41 gave one of the best shaving experiences to date. Very efficient with no bleeders. If I can maintain form and avoid cutting myself this will become a favorite. (y)(y)
Thanks P&C and @Davec36

IZDafyq.jpg
Icoxfek.jpg

@Holiday please smile at the camera, because, you’re mother wanted a picture taken of you for the family lounge room.

Status
Not open for further replies.