Not open for further replies.
IMG-20190809-131534.jpg

Brush: Yaqi 30mm
Razor: Maggard Slant
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (4)
Pre: Shower
Soap: Declaration Grooming Trismegistus
Post: Alum block // Thayers Aloe & Lemon Witch Hazel // Nivea Men Creme

Another enjoyable SOTD. Some quick observations - the Maggard Slant IMHO is a budget version of the iKon X3. Both share near identical 'torqued' design with the X3 having a scalloped base plate and is made of Aluminium, where as the Maggard version is Zinc Alloy with a Grey coating and with a SB base plate. Both gave me the odd weeper in the same area and are slightly more aggresive than the Merkur 37C but I still prefer the smoothness from the 37C - YMMV. Save youtr $$$ and chuck in the Slant with your next order from Maggards :censored:

As for the soap: It lathers up very well and from the tub it resembles Tabula Rasa as its slightly creamy in texture. Performace and post shave is excellent and the scent is mildy floral but very masculine. I've decided to ditch the Gillette Silver Blue after 4 shaves as I was starting to be rough but that could've been due to the last couple shaves being with Slants...? Overall a top notch near BBS :) Happy shaves!

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: The Stray Whisker Silvertip Badger
Soap: Barrister and Mann Cologne Russe
Razor: Rockwell 6S (R6)
Blade: GSB (2)
@astinus4 if you’re starting to enjoy Pinaud Clubman aftershave, please, be warned and choose wisely.

SjcJpEh.jpg

Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: Timeless, S/S, 0.68 Scalloped base plate
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch
WTG, ATG, touch up with adjusted angles for my beard.
This has been a seriously crap week. Today's evening shave was pure bliss and good way to start the weekend.

iPhone photo.

Took the effort today to get the prep a little better ; although somewhat light. Prep with warm shower and Prosaro pre-shave red.

Timeless Bronze SB 0.38 : The perfect daily razor. Think of it as an upgrade to the Rockwell. Shaves close, shaves well and relatively mild, safe and such an intuitive razor. Extremely smooth.
Polsilver blade : Not my usual but my wife found a few boxes in my boot (must have fallen out of the briefcase).
APR Fougere Trois : Still one of my favourite soaps. So lusciously smooth, perfect buffer and I now have 3 or 4 tubs of this.
@Tony Forsyth Brush (Charity Auction) Such a difference. Light and day better than the Simpsons I had been using. Soft, luscious on the face and so very well made. Held together well and created beautiful lather. I don't know why I bothered buying the Paladin which arrived today.

Alum ; Dermalogica Toner & Moisturiser to finish.

i-T92c5qh-L.jpg
Thanks for the praise on the charity brush. Very much appreciated @Kevy

Your perfectly normal and clean, besides, you wouldn’t smell bad for your lovely wife, otherwise, she’ll kick you outside in the backyard or straight out the front door.
Oh sorry I thought you said “pissed wet dog”...

Brush: RR 24mm boar
Razor: WCS SB + WCS titanium handle // Gillette Sensor XL :(
Blade: Astra Blue (1)
Soap: Cella

A quick prework shower shave and by far the worst for 2019! Managed to knock the razor off the counter and thought all was good only to notice half way through the first pass that the razor was loose. Closer inspection showed the threading had snapped off inside the handle :banghead: I've dropped other DEs but never had the thing break resulting in me finishing the shave with the ccrappy art. The shave was very rough and uncomfortable and as I was in a rush so had no choice but to continue. The boar bush needs heaps of work as it fails holding any lather. On the plus side the Astra Blue was smooth and I look forward to using it in my next shave... Have a great weekend!

Brush: RR 24mm boar
Razor: WCS SB + WCS titanium handle // Gillette Sensor XL :(
Blade: Astra Blue (1)
Soap: Cella

A quick prework shower shave and by far the worst for 2019! Managed to knock the razor off the counter and thought all was good only to notice half way through the first pass that the razor was loose. Closer inspection showed the threading had snapped off inside the handle :banghead: I've dropped other DEs but never had the thing break resulting in me finishing the shave with the ccrappy art. The shave was very rough and uncomfortable and as I was in a rush so had no choice but to continue. The boar bush needs heaps of work as it fails holding any lather. On the plus side the Astra Blue was smooth and I look forward to using it in my next shave... Have a great weekend!

If you weren’t having bad luck you wouldn’t be having any luck.

SOTD20190810.jpg

Alpha T-400 Boar 24mm
Australian Private Reserve Winterfell (F1)
Apollo Slant (D.R.G.M.)
Astra Superior Platinum Razor Blade (2)
Australian Private Reserve Winterfall Splash

A1 shave today, for a shiny wintry blast.
Can't beat the Winterfall for times like these (y)

Last edited:
So I was a bit lazy and didn't take a photo, but today was:
Soap APR Fenchurch
Post APR Mycroft
Brush Omega Boar
Razor 6S R4
Blade Personna Red (5/6?)

I wasn't 100% convinced by the Fenchurch scent when I opened the PCTB5 Sample, but decided to give it a go based on the rave reviews of APR performance.
Well after working up an excellent lather in my shave bowl and having another sniff, I was convinced.

My shopping/wish list just keeps growing...

Status
Not open for further replies.