Shave of the Day Thread - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Date:- 14 August 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Edwin Jagger Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/58mm knot
Soap/Cream:- The Club ~ Signature
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB SS 'D' / Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) #6
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Dolce&Gabbana The One for Men

Thought I should open the WAHL Traditional Barber set my daughter bought for XMAS.
Nice thought and looks good in the display cabinet :) Luckily she got an awesome discount. :greedy:
This year I suggested she try the Body Shop Macca Root and Aloe range which has some good reviews for sensitive skin :)
ZOgVzIh.jpg

1woBY1hl.jpg

Quick 2 pass shave again but man this soap performance has really kicked up to high gear now! It seems easier to get the lather spot on and it’s now changing my initial impressions in that I’d grab this base for sure again.

The old friend Karve with C plate is absolute perfection for my face as a daily driver. This will never leave my den!

Finished off with some Stirling Ben Franklin today. Pairs very well with the spice soap and the Stirling aftershaves leave the face feeling pretty damn fine!

The scent is mixed with two different types of Sandalwood, which are Arabian Sandalwood and Tunisian Sandalwood which I'm unable to tell the difference from each scent alone.

I'm not surprised you can't tell the difference, they don't exist. They are fragrance oils used in pre-blends.

1woBY1hl.jpg

Quick 2 pass shave again but man this soap performance has really kicked up to high gear now! It seems easier to get the lather spot on and it’s now changing my initial impressions in that I’d grab this base for sure again.

The old friend Karve with C plate is absolute perfection for my face as a daily driver. This will never leave my den!

Finished off with some Stirling Ben Franklin today. Pairs very well with the spice soap and the Stirling aftershaves leave the face feeling pretty damn fine!

glad you like the base, i have heard awesome things on BM reserve, have the lavender on order

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: R41
Blade: Nacet (2)
Brush: Omgea Boar
Soap: Tabac

This combo = WOW!! in a scary way.. I knew from the first pass this combo commanded respect, throughout the whole shave. It felt that if I dropped concentration it would bite and in a bit way. Never felt like this before with the R41. Blade feel was extreme, much more than I remembered in past shaves. Either the Nacet is too much for that razor, or I just got too used to the smoothness of the JAWS. Will put in a Polsilver next time to rule that out.

R41 + Nacet = highly efficient shave with a lot of blade feel, nice close shave but one that needed full concentration.

Last edited:
uwpgEAk.gif

Stirling Spice SS + Lime E.O.
Omega Pro 10098 boar brush
Suribachi bowl and cool water
Gillette Slim on 9, Voskhod blade
P&G Old Spice + Lime E.O.

I've had a preference for the Fat Boy over a Slim. This shave may have changed my mind. Couple drops of the E.O. in both lather & AS worked well. Did I read that some folks dislike Voskhod blades? No duds in this latest tuck, and I don't recall ever having problems with them. Tell me how you really feel.

Date:- 15 August 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Muhle Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/60mm knot
Soap/Cream:- The Club ~ Signature
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 38C / Voskhod #8
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Dolce&Gabbana The One for Men

Another injector shave today. The G type - or at least the one I have - is on the aggressive side. I felt the blade wasn't up to the mark on the ATG pass. I will try a Proline next time.

Pre: Glycerine soap
Bowl: Ikea SS
Soap: B & M Fern
Brush: Frank Shaving 24mm Synthetic
Razor: Schick injector "Schick 66" G4 (1949)
Blade: Schick (1)
Balm: Bulgari After Shave Balm
Scent: Bulgari Cologne

SOTD-15-8-19.jpg

Pre: Hot towel, Aloe vera gel
Razor: Timeless, S/S, 0.68 Scalloped base plate
Blade: Astra Superior Stainless Double Edge Blade
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron Coronet Fougere
WTG, ATG, touch up with adjusted angles for my beard.

IMG-4740.jpg

Another injector shave today. The G type - or at least the one I have - is on the aggressive side. I felt the blade wasn't up to the mark on the ATG pass. I will try a Proline next time.

Pre: Glycerine soap
Bowl: Ikea SS
Soap: B & M Fern
Brush: Frank Shaving 24mm Synthetic
Razor: Schick injector "Schick 66" G4 (1949)
Blade: Schick (1)
Balm: Bulgari After Shave Balm
Scent: Bulgari Cologne

SOTD-15-8-19.jpg
Keep your spare empty injector blade cartridge pin inserter, because, the Proline B20 injector blade cartridge doesn’t have a pin inserter when you replace the blade.

wp399c8be2_06.png

images

SOTN
Yaqi Synthetic Cashmere 24mm NEW - Absolutely gorgeous
Reknowned #1 International Soap Maker - Face Fat Grapefruit Lavender Bergermot
Rockwell 6c - Perfect
Astra blade - Not used one in a while was happily surprised
Nivea Balm :)
Needless to say a perfect BBS shave tonight

R7whzmx.jpg
Yo! Old fart is face fat vegan or tallow???

Status
Not open for further replies.