Shave of the Day Thread - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: Timeless 0.95 SB
Blade: Rapira (3)
Brush: Yaqi Silvertip Badger
Soap: A&E Grecian Horse

Gave the badger a crack with this soap, dry loading and building and again nailed it. Regardless of which brush i have used the lather has been nailed every time, where previously, making lather was a bit hit and miss. Big thanks to @Ozwhisker for uploading that lather vid.

The timeless again didn’t disappoint, super smooth close shave.

48719251747_04f5ce9ef2_b.jpg

Back down memory lane again with the Wholly Kaw Fougere Parfaite based on Faberge Brut. The PAL gave me a very close shave in quick time.

Pre: Glycerine soap
Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo Kong 28mm Synthetic
Soap: Wholly Kaw Fougere Parfaite
Razor: PAL adjustable injector razor (1962)
Blade: Schick (Chick) (2)
Balm: Wholly Kaw Fougere Parfaite

SOTD-12-9-19.jpg

N6hLYaYl.jpg

Pre: Coconut Oil
Soap: Pb Camphorwood Rocker
Brush: Semogue 1305
Razor: Dorko 43
Another lovely shave from a @bald as Jnat honed blade. The difference between Jnat and synthetic stone honed blade wasn't as obvious on this blade probably as it is not a full hollowed blade.
The Camphorwood Rocker is really enjoyable to use now that it's had time to settle. Quite happy to go back for multiple passes.

IMG-20190912-124136.jpg

Brush: Omega
Razor: Yintal 3000s Brass TTO (2)
Blade: Astra Blue (2)
Pre: Shower + Nivea Face Wash
Soap: Face Fat Green Fougere

IMG-20190912-124203.jpg

Brush: Omega
Razor: Blackland Dart
Blade: Astra Blue (3)
Pre: Shower + Nivea Face Wash
Soap: Face Fat Green Fougere

My last two shaves with contrasting DE's - The TTO was super smooth and almost set and forget on dial #2. The Dart on the other hand required more patience as it's known to bite and offers shaves on par with the dreaded R41 with its distinct blade feel. Booth shaves resulted in great results so no complaints really. The vegan soap performs fantastically with the only down side being the earthy/grassy scent. Finished off with some trusty Brut... Happy shaves!

Merkur 1904 Clone
Personna Lab Blue (5)
GFT Rose Cream
Omega 48
APR Festivus

A lovely 3 pass ATG BBS. Finding it quite frustrating to load the right amount of product with this cream. Even with a big brush like the 48, It's a small window between running out of product and having too much product going everywhere when you get it to the right consistency. It just has no tolerance for movement away from its hydration sweet spot and it's a very small sweet spot. I would probably bin it if it wasn't for the fact the scent is actually not bad at all and I'm usually not big on scents... Will have to just load heaps to get through it and deal with the lather going everywhere...

Just this moment arrived back in ye olde Adelaide after a significant number of kilometres on the varying quality Australian roads.
My wife and I decided to give my heart and the 13 [current count] stents a wee holiday so we set Dubbo as the end of the journey. @Pbgoose and his wife opened their home for us and provided exceptional Aussie hospitality. Our motel wasn't too far distant so we so we spent a fair amount of time chatting soaps, scents, honing and of course the meaning of life. I'm glad @Pbgoose got an acceptable shave from our honing effort. It would have been disappointing to travel all that way just to mangle his blade :)

Spare a thought for those in the country, the drought is very bad right through the Mallee in Victoria up into Mid NSW. Around Adelaide the countryside is looking green but that may be a flush of growth set to die off if we don't get rain.

Nice to be home, however I may need to hand in my forum membership as I have been very tardy in appearance and application of a straight over the last few days.

Nice to be home, however I may need to hand in my forum membership as I have been very tardy in appearance and application of a straight over the last few days.

Good to see you both home safely.(y)

I thought straight razor shavers had life membership................
'Relax' said the night man,
'We are programmed to receive.
You can check out any time you like,
But you can never leave!'

I wonder what happens if you play Paste and Cut backwards.............:muted:

Pre: Warm water, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: Timeless, S/S, 0.68 Scalloped base plate with 14 mm x 85 mm dimpled handle
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum Double Edge
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Australian Private Reserve Florian
WTG, ATG, touch up with adjusted angles for my beard.
Spring is in the air today. Great way to finish the day with the floral scent of Florian.

IMG-4811.jpg

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: The Stray Whisker Silvertip Badger
Soap: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Doppelgänger Black
Razor: Rockwell 6S (R6)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Spoiler (1)
Post: Proraso Post Shave Stone, Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Doppelgänger Black

Rather challenging day at the office. At least the shave was good

Date:- 12 September 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Epsilon Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 26/52mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Ariana & Evans ~ Frozen Mojito
Razor/Blade:- RazoRock Game Changer .84 / NOS Wizamet Super Iridium #7
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss (Original)

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: @Tony Forsyth 2019 P&C Auction Custom Gold/Pearl Manchurian 2 Band Finest 24mm Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: Squadron Soap LE 2018 Tim Keech Memorial Auction shaving soap
Razor: Gillette L1 Slim Adjustable (5)
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (5)
Post-shave: Squadron Soap LE 2018 Tim Keech Memorial Auction splash
Fragrance: N/A

I decided it is going to be warmer today, spring-like, whether the weather agrees or not! Early start again to take my wife to the airport for a trip to SYD today!

Have I raved about this brush? Sen-bloody-sational.

Truly a masterpiece @Tony Forsyth. "Chubby-esque" in its density and backbone without being "cloggy'. It looks superb and feels great in the hand. If there is another one in the charity auction next year people jump onboard to grab it!

qVa9IZll.jpg

As @Mark1966 graciously mentions, spring has sprung in many cooler parts of our great nation!

So what better spring shave than some Martin de Candre Fougere paired with some APR Florian? Not much could be better to me!

I also went to the Rockwell 6s with plate 5 today to get a super efficient shave. With a Nacet it was very good. Happy to keep the Rockwell around for these shaves.

XbViSssl.jpg

9GdjniLl.jpg

Pre: Pb PSE
Soap: Pb Tonka n Tamanu
Brush: Bernard
Razor: Supply (No:2 plate)
Blade: Personna (1)
AS: Pb Tonka n Tamanu
That's the injector shave I was expecting from the Supply.:) Quick and efficient. It was pretty much all over in two passes but couldn't help using up the lather and going back for the third and BBS (plus a couple of weepers). I manually loaded the blade to bypass any potential blunting issues by injecting the blade so it appears that was the problem with Wednesday's shave. Next I'll try the Personna with the No:3 plate, then I'll retry the Schick blades.
The Supply is a bit to injectors what the Sabre is to GEM's but maybe the Supply is more of a work horse, plain, practical with no frills. Now that I've established performance is not an issue, the Supply will be in the regular rotation.

etS5aTe.jpg

Pre-Shave: Kiss my Face Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: Wolfman WR1 SB-P WRH2 SS
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Paladin Sumo Lapis
Lather: Mystic Water Bergamot, Cedarwood & Juniper
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil

I hope you all have a fantastic Friday (y)

Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: Wolfman WR1,SB Standard Gap, WR2 Handle
Blade: Astra Superior Stainless Double Edge Blades
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron, The Warden
WTG, ATG, touch up with adjusted angles for my beard.

IMG-4812.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.