Shave of the Day Thread - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
first use of the soao ended up with a 7 gram load on the brush... this time it has been odest, and faster results. I kin of like it, It goes well with florian BTW

A 7g load on the brush is a good load, thats a mountain of lather which is what you want :cool:

I agree with the Florian - it is a great pairing and Lavioletta is too, I have the splash for FA and it's nice but I do find the lemon notes dominate to a large extent before the dry-down.

Very late to upload today’s shave:

V08OQRvl.jpg

Fourth day running with the D Karve plate. Technique is humming along at present!

“insert shittiest photo of a Paladin ever” comment....

That Stirling barbershop burns the absolute shit out of my face, I had a set of it a couple of years ago...it's a nice fragrance oil but my skin hates it unfortunately, I had to let it go. I imagine it works fairly well with Texaus though!

That Stirling barbershop burns the absolute shit out of my face, I had a set of it a couple of years ago...it's a nice fragrance oil but my skin hates it unfortunately, I had to let it go. I imagine it works fairly well with Texaus though!
I find the Ben Franklin burns me, but not quite the ‘absolute’ shit out of my face! Mostly my top lip when I go ATG there.
As far as Barbershop goes, I enjoy the scent but Mrs tim33z today said it got a cross and was not a fan. I did use a tad more than usual, as well as not cutting it with some cold water so that might explain her sentiments.
And yes, it did pair well with Texaus. I wasn’t sure how it would go but the complementary notes were there. It’s now 12 hours since applying and I’ve still got the scent resonating. Longevity of some Stirling aftershaves are amazing!

A 7g load on the brush is a good load, thats a mountain of lather which is what you want :cool:

I agree with the Florian - it is a great pairing and Lavioletta is too, I have the splash for FA and it's nice but I do find the lemon notes dominate to a large extent before the dry-down.

7 gram was nice but so hard to make it as I do face lather..... I dont make exact measurements but for APR I would say it is around 3 grams. Angelique was my first real tube of reserve, and I loaded funking lot.. I t did not ended in millions of lather, but a really good one, creamy and beautiful.
It is pretty floral, but fresh (*lime etc), to me, florian is a good compliment in splash and scent (I am running out of florian soap.... It has a big hole in the middle already, so great I can use the stuff with other soaps). Laviolerta is faint to my nose, some people reported it as strong, but that's because I may have half of my nose broken....

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: @Tony Forsyth 2019 P&C Auction Custom Gold/Pearl Manchurian 2 Band Finest 24mm Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: Squadron Soap Coronet Fougere shaving soap
Razor: Vintage EverReady "E" bar
Blade: GEM (1)
Post-shave: Squadron Soap Coronet Fougere splash
Fragrance: N/A

This has to be one of the most stylish razors around. Very nice lines :)

JJrp55wl.jpg

wTrkT1ch.jpg

Soap: Pb 42
Brush: Semogue 1305
Razor: Colonial General
Blade: Feather Pro Super (1)
I didn't shave this morning in anticipation of the new shave soap which was cooked this afternoon and it was worth the wait. Pb 42 lived up to expectations producing a lovely thick creamy yoghurty lather. The base oils used in this produce some lovely lathers i.e. Tamanu, Hemp, Avocado, Shea etc.
@Errol inspired the use of the Feather Pro Super which I had obviously lost the touch for it's efficiency level and ended up with a few weepers. I don't often use Alum but today was a good day to pull it out, follow up with post lather of Pb 42, wash off and dry then finish off with some Calendula Balm (as Alum is drying on my skin), and voila, all is right in the world again.

Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: RAW RS-10, Mild Plate
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Stirling Executive Man
Post: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Festivus Splash, Stirling Executive Man balm

IMG-5049.jpg

apaT6rL.jpg

Shave off between the efficient razors in the den (R41, JAWS, Piccolo OC) with Astra SP blades

Day1: R41 was not as efficient with Astra blade as expected, because it is such an efficient razor patches highlight the contrast from BBS to rough and I did not expect any patches. May have been technique. DFS after two
Day2: JAWS smooth and efficient as expected. A little bit too efficient on the neck maybe and nicked a mole on the upper lip. More blade feel than R41 and a lighter touch required. DFS after one pass and BBS after two.
Scramble: I am no "olfactionado" but to me this has a nice sweet fruity scent. "Spiced Mahogany, a lightly sweet scent with notes of bergamot, tonka bean, cardamom, vanilla bourbon and allspice."

Pre-shave: Shower
Brush: Semogue - Excelsior 1460 Boar
Soap: Squadron- Scramble
Razors: R41, JAWS, Piccolo OC
Blade: Astra SP
Post-shave: Squadron - Scramble

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: @Tony Forsyth 2019 P&C Auction Custom Gold/Pearl Manchurian 2 Band Finest 24mm Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: Squadron Soap Coronet Fougere shaving soap
Razor: Vintage EverReady "E" bar
Blade: GEM (2)
Post-shave: Squadron Soap Coronet Fougere splash
Fragrance: N/A

Same again? Don't mind if I do! Happy Monday folks :)

JJrp55wl.jpg

zHquGINl.jpg

Not the same as my last shave but I must surely have used this gear before?!?
Why wouldn’t I? It is supreme and the lather was absolutely phenomenal this morning. Still sporting the D plate with Nacet blade as a daily and it just may be moving towards being my favourite plate now...

IMG-20191110-155726.jpg

Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Razor: Muhle R41
Blade: Polsilver SI (2)
Bowl: Pereira's Unbreakable Shaving Bowl
Pre: Warm water
Soap: Squadron Soap Ace
remembrance-day.jpg

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: R41
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Tuxedo
Soap: B&M Reserve Lavender

What a shave!!! The R41 + Feather combo is simply amazing. Ttotally annihilated all growth with a traditional 3 pass shave. First pass removed so much and could have been happy with just two passes but me, a shave aint a shave unless its BBS so after the ATG I was left with BBS goodness J

However, the R41 did command respect, concentration and a light touch throughout the shave, which I actually found pleasing. A change from the mindless autopilot mode of other razors.

49045401161_4f5269dc51_c.jpg

Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: Timeless, S/S, 0.68 Scalloped base plate with 14 mm x 85 mm dimpled handle
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Ariana & Evans Spartacus
WTG, ATG with touch ups and adjusted angles for my beard.

IMG-5054.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.