Shave of the Day Thread - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am tempted to score the Executive Man splash. How would you rate it.

scent wise i would rate it up there with the best, i also got the chance to smell sandpiper as my mate got it and this was also amazing.. I loved both the scents very much but without doubt the sandpiper was a stronger scent of the two.

They are both incredible smelling so you cant go wrong with either, it will really come down to what scent strength you want, if strong get sandpiper if you it a little lighter go for the executive man

I will end up with sandpiper at some stage

how are you finding the WR2?

IMG-20191122-135829.jpg

Brush: RR 400
Razor: Timeless Bronze SB
Blade: Gillettre Nacet (3)
Pre: Shower +Washpool Face Cleansing bar
Soap: Fine Snake Bite :cool:
Post: APR Passione splash // Vaseline Replenishing Moisturiser

Fantastically refreshing SOTD!!!

scent wise i would rate it up there with the best, i also got the chance to smell sandpiper as my mate got it and this was also amazing.. I loved both the scents very much but without doubt the sandpiper was a stronger scent of the two.

They are both incredible smelling so you cant go wrong with either, it will really come down to what scent strength you want, if strong get sandpiper if you it a little lighter go for the executive man

I will end up with sandpiper at some stage

how are you finding the WR2?

Thanks for the info on the scents.
Must admit first shave with WR2 felt a little nervous as I had high hopes for this razor. Happy to say its a gem.
My top three razor, not in any order. The RAW RS-10 mild plate, Wolfman WR2 0.95 and Timeless 0.68. :)

Thanks for the info on the scents.
Must admit first shave with WR2 felt a little nervous as I had high hopes for this razor. Happy to say its a gem.
My top three razor, not in any order. The RAW RS-10 mild plate, Wolfman WR2 0.95 and Timeless 0.68. :)

thats a bloody brilliant line up.. never used the RAW but i have read its a gem.. how do you compare the standard gap 0.95 on WR2 compared with the 0.68 Timeless, and if you have used the 0.95 Timeless how does it compare to that

thats a bloody brilliant line up.. never used the RAW but i have read its a gem.. how do you compare the standard gap 0.95 on WR2 compared with the 0.68 Timeless, and if you have used the 0.95 Timeless how does it compare to that

The WR2 is closer to the Timeless 0.68. The 0.95 Timeless plate is not an everyday shaver for me but excellent for mowing down multiple days growth. Nice to have choices.

K6eP2yL.jpg

Pre-Shave: Kiss my Face Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: Wolfman WR1 SB-P WRH2 SS
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Rhodium Knots 2-band Silvertip
Lather: Mike's Lemongrass & Eucalyptus
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil

One of those shaves were everything came together for a exceptionally close and smooth shave that just brought a smile to my face.

The Rhodium knot brush is simply divine - a super densely packed wall of badger with silky soft tips - that whipped up some wonderful Mike's lather - happy days!

I hope you all have a fantastic Friday (y)

The WR2 is closer to the Timeless 0.68. The 0.95 Timeless plate is not an everyday shaver for me but excellent for mowing down multiple days growth. Nice to have choices.

Yeah thanks For the info, i thought that would be the case with the standard.. I can use the .95 timeless as a daily it’s just so smooth and efficient. @tim33z has the 1.05 I think it if he reckons that’s a karve d plate I will go the 1.15 I think, wr2 head SB for the smoothness

Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: Karve Christopher Bradley, C plate
Blade: Astra Superior Stainless Double Edge Blades
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron, The Warden
WTG, ATG, touch up with adjusted angles for my beard.

IMG-5095.jpg

Date:- 23 November 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Barrister & Mann ~ Cologne Russe
Razor/Blade:- RazoRock MJ-90A / Gillette Silver Blue #3
Post/After-shave: T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- L'Eau Bleue D'issey Pour Homme

Pre: Hot face basin wash and By My Beard oil rub ( it's cheap but I quite like it and so does my goatee)
Razor : Rockwell 6S (plate No#3)
Blade: Rockwell swedish stainless (yep, had to give them a shot and wasn't as bad as I was expecting that said nothing special either)
Brush: Razorock Big Bruce
Bowl: small stone Asian
Soap: Mondial Tabacco Verde (green tobacco) This lathers very easily, I tried this the cream the other day as well. My first time using a cream and wow, did I have lather everywhere...me, my shirt the wall and mirror and my socks after mopping up what was on the floor lol. Obviously I don't need as much loading as I'm used to with the hard soap/s hahaha.
Post: cold rise, Alum rub, cold rise then witch hazel with Tea tree and finished off with By My Beard face and beard conditioner

1pdIrM0.jpg

And for my (and your) listening pleasure while shaving

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.