Shave of the Day Thread - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
loyR3Icl.jpg

Great safety warning on the blades -

DW4VBiWl.jpg
And a jolly fine blade, made in the East Kilbride factory on the outskirts of Glasgow, Scotland.

6PxFMmOl.jpg

No shave since Friday morning and I was itching to get rid of what had grown! No disappointment here with the Wolfman. Just a pass WTG and another ATG. That’s all that was needed and I’m BBS. The Polsilver blade works great in the razor, but will be rotating through different blades once this one is done.

More great APR lather from the Paladin and finished with the splash for a great start to the week!

0VYhZ20.jpg

M&F
MergressXL
Feather
PannaCrema Nuàvia Blu
Acqua Di Parma Colonia Pura

I feel another week of deplorable frugality ahead in preparation for the insane expenditure of Black Friday. Wish me luck!

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: JAWS
Blade: Polsilver SI
Brush: Omega Boar
Soap: B&M Reserve Lavender

Monday morning’s shave, after leaving the weekends growth, is always the closest and most enjoyable shave of the week for me!!

Still not feeling much love for the boar

49118065966_d613bd29ba_b.jpg

Last edited:
Pre: Cold Shower
Razor: Yaqi Marpat CameoTech
Blade: Personna israeli red
Brush: Yaqi Marpat CamoTech 2 band best badger
Soap: Mondial Florence cream (citrus spices)

Thought I'd go commando today and do it basic, no hot water even. Bbbbrrrrrrr..I'm wide awake lol for certain. First time using the Yaqi melon head and 2 Band best badger. The Yqai has an aggressive feel and look to it but the shave is mild as they come with a pretty smooth finish still, would be a perfect beginners razor as it was super safe. Loved the Badger, slight roughness/scratch to it which gives a nice feel and it splays well. Holds a decent amount of water easily.

su9oTee.jpg

Merkur 1904
Personna lab blue (3)
Proraso Green preshave
Proraso Green
Omega 48
Imperial Leather A/S
Paco Rabane One Million EdP

I have a bunch of samples to get through now but with three day's growth I needed something that I already knew how to drive. Although it has been awhile since my tub of Green has been used and it must have hardened a bit so it needed more loading than I gave it. Lesson learnt but still a great DFS+ shave... with no sting at all from the A/S.

Still not feeling much love for the boar

Yep I have to agree with that one. I'm not a big fan of the smaller Omega knots. For me, it's a matter of big boars or bust. Although I still use a 80266 banded boar in this size as a travel brush. The banded treatment is definitely softer and better. In big Omega boars I have all three different lofts (proraso, 49 and 48) and prefer the 48 but I need to try a banded 20248 and an Italian flag before I give a definitive view on what is the best of the big boars! But then a 30mm Yaqi has also been calling my name... oh well, Xmas is coming!

Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: Gillette Fatboy D4 (5)
Blade: Astra Superior Stainless Double Edge Blade
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Tabac original
WTG, ATG, touch up with adjusted angles for my beard.

IMG-5099.jpg

Brush: Yaqi 30mm
Head: Headblade Moto
Pre: Shower
Bowl: Pereira's Destructible Shaving Bowl
Soap: PAA Atomic Bay Rum sample
Post: PAA Atomic Bay Rum travel splash // Vaseline Replenishing Moisturiser

IMG-20191126-083704.jpg

Brush: Yaqi 30mm
Razor: Muhle R41
Blade: Gillette Nacet (5)
Pre: Shower
Bowl: Pereira's Destructible Shaving Bowl
Soap: Pb Red Dwarf sample

My last two SOTD using a few sample soaps. The PAA lathered up nicely with a pleasant Bay Rum scent. Second face shave with the beast was far from smooth but still managed a 2 pass DFS. Enjoyed using the Red Dwarf as it performs fantastically with a nice scent. Looking forward to using the other Pb samples in coming shaves... Happy shaves!

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: 1966 Gillette Slim
Blade: Gillette Spoiler
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Tuxedo
Soap: Stirling Executive Man

Went vintage today. Thanks to @Holiday for the beautiful razor and @tim33z for the spoilers I bought a while back.

Before I get onto the shave let me just say it was an absolute pleasure to use and for sure I felt all nostalgic during the shave, couldn’t help but wonder how many faces the slim had shaved prior to me getting it.

To start the shave i loaded the slim with a spoiler and set it on 5. First pass on 5 was XTG. This was a very smooth pass but a little mild for me so I bumped it up to a 7 and proceeded with a ATG shave. Setting 7 was still very smooth but a little more efficient. Decided to give it a crack and bumped the slim up to 9 for the last ATG shave and this didn’t disappoint, efficiency was quite good while still retaining a nice smoothness. Finished with some touch-ups back on 7 and ended with a very pleasant and smooth, comfortable shave, no nicks or weepers and zero irritation post shave.

This will be the perfect razor between aggressive razor sessions and/or when I want my skin to take a break. The slim is a great razor and provides a very smooth comfy shave while still retaining an acceptable level of efficiency.

I am very happy with the slim… thanks again @Holiday, you may of just enabled vintage mode.. Do I get a 1973 super speed to have as a birth year razor?? How does the Slim stack up to the fatboy?? How does the slim compare to the 73 super speed??

49123828728_139960526c_b.jpg

49124209676_603fec73c3_b.jpg

Date:- 26 November 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Barrister & Mann ~ Fougere Angelique (Limited Edition)
Razor/Blade:- Feather AS-D2 / Gillette Nacet #3
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

vo4DDA2.jpg

Pre-Shave: Kiss my Face Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: BBS-1
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Rhodium Knots Manchurian
Lather: Mystic Water Jeff's Lavender
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Lovely shave with this fantastic setup. This beautiful Rhodium knots brush has a ton of backbone and a wonderful presence on the face.

I hope you all have a terrific Tuesday (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.