Status
Not open for further replies.
Shower
Merkur 42c / 1904
Personna Lab Blue (5)
P&C Platypus 26mm fan
Jabonman "Coco y Vainilla" ?
Paco Rabanne One Million

My wife walked past while I was shaving and thought the soap smelt like coconut, whereas I can only really pick the vanilla, so I'm going to assume I wrote down the wrong name of this soap at the Perth GTG. Does anyone know the actual name of this soap because I can't find it? It's got the vanilla brown look to it anyway...

The second time around I got a better lather out of this one on the face this time. It's probably that I'm just not good at bowl lathering. A very good soap with a powerful scent... good slickness, good thickness, good post shave, good scent. But it's still a fine window between sufficient hydration and sufficient thickness, so it's not one I'll be buying.

Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: RazoRock Game Changer with .84 head & Barber pole handle
Blade: Astra Superior Stainless Double Edge Blades
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron, The Warden
WTG, ATG, touch up with adjusted angles for my beard.

IMG-5166.jpg

It's probably that I'm just not good at bowl lathering.
It means you’re not patient enough to bowl lather, don’t bowl lather like a bloody Roadrunner with your brush. Be gentle with the brush while bowl lathering, because the lather will explode when you add water ;)

It means you’re not patient enough to bowl lather, don’t bowl lather like a bloody Roadrunner with your brush. Be gentle with the brush while bowl lathering, because the lather will explode when you add water ;)

Yeah - I don't have time for that. Took me ages to beat the foam out of it when that happened...

12 December 2019
922eVO9.jpg

Gillette Super Blue + MR11 / Astra SP
Yaqi Cola Synthetic
The Sudsy Soapery Citrus & Bay
Maggard Alum / SCS Bay Rum with a Twist ASM
It was a slightly cool & fresh day in Melbourne, so thought I might have one last shave with this soap, before it goes into hibernation. A bit too sweet & spicy "for me" to use over the warmer months, therefore it will go into storage & come back out in 5-6 months time. Today I was reminded how well this soap performs - if you did a blind test, you would think it has tallow. The Gillette Super Blue razor head is the cheapest I've ever purchased - just a little over AUD $4 from AE, but this is surprisingly very well made & also an excellent shaver. The fact I've been solely using this razor over the last 4 months speaks volumes. Have a great Friday everyone !!

More laziness today with no photo.

Pre- shower
Brush- Wild West Brushworks "Amethyst Water"
Soap- APR Bombora
Razor- Rockwell 6S R4
Blade- Vintage spoiler (4 and out)
Post- APR Bombora

The shave itself went very nicely and i'm fairly certain there is only 3 at most uses of the soap remaining. Once it was put into the wider tub, it seems to be getting eaten alive!

12 December 2019
922eVO9.jpg

Gillette Super Blue + MR11 / Astra SP
Yaqi Cola Synthetic
The Sudsy Soapery Citrus & Bay
Maggard Alum / SCS Bay Rum with a Twist ASM
It was a slightly cool & fresh day in Melbourne, so thought I might have one last shave with this soap, before it goes into hibernation. A bit too sweet & spicy "for me" to use over the warmer months, therefore it will go into storage & come back out in 5-6 months time. Today I was reminded how well this soap performs - if you did a blind test, you would think it has tallow. The Gillette Super Blue razor head is the cheapest I've ever purchased - just a little over AUD $4 from AE, but this is surprisingly very well made & also an excellent shaver. The fact I've been solely using this razor over the last 4 months speaks volumes. Have a great Friday everyone !!
AE?

QdVyeEM_d.jpg

WWB + Maggard SHD 24mm
Merkur 34c
Feather
B&M - Cologne Russe
Noble Otter - Two Kings Splash

Nice cloudy morning with a comfortable 25 degrees. Took my 1 year old out for bit of play in the park before work.

Had a quick shave after that, but I got a great result in the end. The NO splash stings a little bit more than Barrister Reserve, maybe more alcohol content?

Shower
Merkur 1904 / 42c
Personna Lab blue (6)
Omega 48
Proraso Green
Imperial Leather A/S

Another hot day - which makes Proraso Green the perfect choice, particularly with the big boar - they are just made for each other! An excellent 3 pass BBS all around...

IMG-20191213-144756.jpg

Brush: RR boar
Razor: RR Mamba
Blade: Gillette Rubie Platinum (6)
Pre: Shower
Bowl: Pereira's Destructable Shaving Bowl
Soap: Squadron Soap The Warden
Post: Squadron Soap The Warden splash // Vaseline Replenishing Moisturiser

A super smooth near BBS with an absolute gem of a soap/splash :love: Happy shaves!

Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: Gillette Fatboy D4 (5)
Blade: Astra Superior Stainless Double Edge Blades
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Stirling Executive Man
WTG, ATG and touch ups with adjusted angles for my beard.

IMG-5174.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.