Phoenix and Beau Imperial Rum Soap
Wahl Traditional Barber Bay Rum
TSW After Balm

Date: 07 January 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Omega 10108 Boar 27/55mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling ~ Electric Sheep
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Red Tip E1 1959 / Vintage NOS England Wilkinson Sword #10
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- Davidoff Cool Water

Coogee Beach withdrawal SOTD....

2sn2oz4.jpg

Pre: Hot Shower, Truefitt & Hill Oil....
Razor: Timeless....
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Black....
Brush: Wolf Whiskers Debonair....
Soap: AP Reserve Lixiviant....

Date: 07 January 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Omega 10108 Boar 27/55mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling ~ Electric Sheep
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Red Tip E1 1959 / Vintage NOS England Wilkinson Sword #10
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- Davidoff Cool Water
When's the model T getting a run @SpeedyPC ?

When's the model T getting a run @SpeedyPC ?
Alright alright, I see why you guys are getting so desperate on the Model T will start this Wednesday SOTD, I won’t be giving my feedback review until I giving more shaves with the Model T. Okay

Looks like it's a serial offender. Note to self, 'don't buy Thater'. I'm not seeing stories of any support from Thater or retailers from any of the unlucky owners without reading too far.

Looks like it's a serial offender. Note to self, 'don't buy Thater'. I'm not seeing stories of any support from Thater or retailers from any of the unlucky owners without reading too far.

Don't buy H.L.Thäter boar brushes is definitely true!

I have a TSN Silvertip badger from Thäter that is superb and has shed at most 3 hairs since acquired, it being rivalled only by the famous Simpson SiLVERTiP in quality.

Don't buy H.L.Thäter boar brushes is definitely true!

I have a TSN Silvertip badger from Thäter that is superb and has shed at most 3 hairs since acquired, it being rivalled only by the famous Simpson SiLVERTiP in quality.

I agree. This appears symptomatic of two issues:
- Thater are new to boar brushes and really don't know what they are doing.
- The excellent quality of Thater badgers (I don't recall hearing of anyone with issues) has left them entirely unprepared for having to provide refunds / replacements / customer service more generally. They just haven't had to before...

I would have no qualms buying a Thater badger (if I liked badgers) as the quality is there.

Pre: Hot towel
Razor: Timeless, S/S, 0.95 Scalloped base plate
Blade:Astra Superior Platinum Double Edge
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Skye Fall
Wonderful shave.

LmXR90I.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: M&F Brad Sears L7 Tigris Finest Badger
Soap: Stirling Lemon Chill
Razor:Feather AS-D2
Blade: Vintage NOS Wilkie Light Brigade (4)
Scent: APR Festivus P&C 2018 LE Splash

Pre Paste & Cut Perth Meet-up shave.
Lovely cooling mentholated lather from the Stirling soap. I am falling back in love with my AS-D2 - it is such a precise instrument, and with a sharp blade like the Light Brigade makes shaving so simple.
Three super-comfortable passes for a DFS+.
But no doubt, the star of the show was the APR Limited Edition P&C Festivus Splash. Made for the warm festive season in the Southern Hemisphere, and simply glorious! And the citrus notes matched the soap nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.