Shave of the Day Thread - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
For you Gents that have a thick and heavy growth may I suggest....

IWTxA7s.jpg

Available at any Bunnings Warehouse....

this news would of been handy last week.. before i forked out my hard earned for a timeless

Date: 26 March 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Omega 10108 Boar 27/55mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Rocket HD500 made in England 1950's / Vintage NOS Schick Plus Platinum #6
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed with Tea Tree, Lavender & Peppermint / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- Davidoff Cool Water

5 more days to go for the whole month of Mitchell's March Wool Fat shave

Pre: Shower
Razor: Karve CB (B)
Blade: Gillette Nacet (9)
Brush: Yaqi Moka Express
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat

I forgot to leave the 🐗 brush soaking before getting into the shower so pulled out the synthetic instead today.

bhrBSIPl.jpg

First use of the Karve with a B plate today.

First impression is that this resembles a Rockwell 2-3 shave. Importantly, after yesterday’s shave with the R5, I could very easily gone with no shave today but had I still been karveless, I’d have used the R2 today so this is a good comparison.

I’m happy with the shave today. Zero neck irritation. It was a little difficult to find the correct angle, which was more cap than guard, but once sorted it was effortless going. No fear of cuts at all.

Not sure if the way forward is to keep to the B for a few shaves or jump on the C. Depending on how this goes is key to buying more aggressive plates such as D or E.

Quality craftsmanship of the razor, as many of you guys know. No imperfections can be seen and it just oozes class to me. (TTTT for those following).

Nice!

Took me a couple of goes to get the angle but once I did, the Karve became my all time favorite razor!!

Progress w/Polsilver
Yaqi all metal two band
Scottish fine soaps
Gaia ASB

I was too hasty the other day proclaiming the Marvel is my second best razor ever after the Karve...the Progress still beats the Marvel for comfort and shave!!

The Progress is such a relatively ancient design and still one of the absolute best!!

The two band has broken nicely and whipped up a luxury lather!

20190326-115645-01.jpg

Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: Timeless, S/S, 0.68 Scalloped base plate
Blade: Polsilver
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch

9Lr9l5u.jpg
]

Pre-Shave: Kiss my Face Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: Tradere SB - kindly loaned by @todras
Blade: Ladas (1)
Brush: Paladin Sumo Lapis
Lather: Stirling Bay Rum
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

I have been wanting to try this magnificent razor since @Draco Noir was recommending it to me many years ago. Back then I thought I would manage to get my own one day and therefore always declined his generous offer to loan it to me...

But when @todras made the same very generous offer a short while ago, I couldn't resist any longer. I was waiting today like a small child for the package to arrive and was so excited, that I even forgot to take a picture of the magnificent Stirling lather.

Great first outing and I will confirm my thoughts after a couple of shaves.

I hope you all have a terrific Tuesday (y)

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: The Stray Whisker Silvertip Badger
Soap: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Doppelgänger Black
Razor: Rockwell 6C (R6)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Spoiler (9)
Post: The Stray Whisker Alum block, Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Doppelgänger Black

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: The Stray Whisker Silvertip Badger
Soap: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Doppelgänger Black
Razor: Rockwell 6C (R6)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Spoiler (9)
Post: The Stray Whisker Alum block, Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Doppelgänger Black
How's the Spoiler coming along on the R6, cowboy? you should be able to reach a maximum of 15 on the R6 as YMMV.

Status
Not open for further replies.