Shave of the Day Thread - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barrister & March SOTD....

PVJwfPL.jpg

Pre: Hot Shower, Truefitt & Hill Oil....
Razor: Wolfman WR1....
Blade: Gillette Nacet....
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Super Badger....
Soap: B&M Lime/Lavender/Cedarwood....
Post: B&M Lime/Lavender/Cedarwood Aftershave, Chatillon Lux La Forêt De Liguest EDT....

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Mike's Hungarian Lavender shaving soap
Razor: Gillette NEW head on TSW Bren handle
Blade: NOS Wilkinson Sword 'French Browns' (3)
Post-shave: Pitralon 'Swiss' aftershave splash
Fragrance: N/A

If you haven't tried Mike's soaps you really should - an artisan classic

UJ4rd8tl.jpg

Couldn’t stop myself so swapped for the C plate today. A better shave helped my knowing the angle to hold the razor at this time. The Karve leaves no irritation on my neck in the usual trouble spot.

I think the blade was dulling as well since I got some tugging going on. It didn’t affect the end result luckily.

4 more days of March and the donut appeared this morning. Probably won’t kill the soap before APRil but that’s 👍

Brush : yaqi synth
Razor/blade: general ss/ p30
Soap: bsgc black beard
Splash: Apr bay city
I dunno why but today was just one of them stellar shave days with a closer and smoother end result than normal even though I haven't changed anything. Loving the bay city it seems to go well with the cool clear weather this morning leaving me wondering why i don't use it more often so I think I'll stick the week out with this combo.

FXtzhEV.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Paladin Lotus Select Badger
Soap: CRSW Glide Barbiere Sapone
Razor: Merkur Futur (2)
Blade: Super Iridium (Made in Poland) (3)
Post: Thursday Plantation Tea Tree & Witch Hazel, CRSW Alcohol-Free American Barbershop Moisturising Aftershave
Scent: Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet

Another lovely shave - I am on a roll. Three passes for a very comfortable BBS result. The Glide soap is actually a croap, and I would recommend little or no blooming, else you may overload.
This soap produces very slick and luxurious lather, matching beautifully with the no-nonsense performance of the Futur and the excellent Super Iridium Polish blade.

Date: 27 March 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Omega 20102 Boar 28/60mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Red Tip E1 1959 / Vintage NOS Gillette Bleue Extra #5
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed with Tea Tree, Lavender & Peppermint / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- Proraso Wood & Spice

4 more days to go for the whole month of Mitchell's March Wool Fat shave

UJ4rd8tl.jpg

Couldn’t stop myself so swapped for the C plate today. A better shave helped my knowing the angle to hold the razor at this time. The Karve leaves no irritation on my neck in the usual trouble spot.

I think the blade was dulling as well since I got some tugging going on. It didn’t affect the end result luckily.

4 more days of March and the donut appeared this morning. Probably won’t kill the soap before APRil but that’s 👍

That's the magic of the Karve!
My neck is extremely sensitive to most razors, which is not good as I strive for BBS every day!
The Karve D gets me there with no irritation.

Brush: RR 400
Blade: Polsilver SI (1)
Razor: Yaqi DOC + RR bamboo handle
Bowl: Pereira's Unbreakable bowl
Soap: Squadrons Red Lead

No picture but still managed a super comfortable, DFS in 3 easy passes. Love me some Old Spice... Happy shaves!

Just flip the blade over and keep going as far as you can reach, shaving short stroke can allow the blade to last longer and less irritation.

I reckon it's going to be 10 and done tomorrow....Thats still twice as long as any modern blade

Changed my mind - had such a good shave today that I'm going to stick with it till the end of the working week. 😌

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: The Stray Whisker Silvertip Badger
Soap: Proraso Green
Razor: Rockwell 6C (R6)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Spoiler (10)

Lovely old school shave with the Proraso green soap and splash.

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Culmak shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Wholly Kaw / The Club Madison Avenue LE shaving soap
Razor: Gillette NEW head on TSW Bren handle
Blade: NOS Wilkinson Sword 'French Browns' (4)
Post-shave: Wholly Kaw / The Club Madison Avenue LE aftershave splash
Fragrance: N/A

Nice

tC2L0D3l.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.