SOTD 11th September 2020 & 12th September 2020

IMG-20200913-103519.jpg

Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket 26 mm
Face: Italian Barber Game Changer .84P
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Soap: Caties Bubbles Irish Coffee
Pre: Shower + PAA Prickly Pear mentholated pre-shave soap
ATG, XTG, WTG = DFS+

Finally finished one of my first ever artisan soaps and I rate it middle of the range with a sweet scent...

Brush: Yaqi 30 mm Tuxedo
Face: Charcoal Goods Gen 1 Level 2 Antique Brass + Stinger V1 handle (P&C 2019/20 Charity Auction LE)
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (4)
Soap: Face Fat Green Fougere
Pre: Shower + PAA Prickly Pear mentholated pre-shave soap
Post: Brut aftershave lotion // Stirling Soap Co. Unscented balm
ATG, XTG, WTG = BBS :love:

Moved onto the next soap I'm planning to use up as I'm not a big fan of the earthy scent. Performance wise the vegan base is fabulous but really need to use existing soap up prior to adding new ones to my collection... Happy shaves!

Soaps you don't like might be worthwhile passing on so somebody else may enjoy. Good excuse to add another new soap :)

#Str8Sh8vSatd8y
Pre-shave:
Shower
Brush: Shavemac - Americana
Cream: Simpsons - Lavender & Vetvier Luxury Shaving Cream
Str8: Dovo Solingen
P3GKq1I.jpg

Learnt a new lesson today: If you stretch the skin and shave with a straight. Don't release the skin until finished and razor lifted, or you slice
😁👍
'Oh, I shouldn’t have done that’ (with Haggrid accent)😂

Soaps you don't like might be worthwhile passing on so somebody else may enjoy. Good excuse to add another new soap :)
That's a good suggestion but I'd have to give way all my Face Fat range as the scents are meh... Only keeping them as they're a top vegan base and the Green Fougere reminds me a lot of Squadron's own Dispatch Rider = earthy fougere as opposed to say the Brut scent from Wholly Kaw's La Fougere Parfaite.

It is a very good aftershave. The scent is more sophisticated than you'd expect from a drugstore aftershave.

Don't they say the scents combine with the wearer :)

MQIHOvx.jpg

Sunday‌ ‌09.13.20 ‌SOTD‌
Gillette ‘32 New SC Gold Common Bar
Gillette‌ 7 O'clock SharpEdge Yellow
Yaqi Moka Express 26mm 2-Band Badger
B&M Barrister's Reserve Spice Shaving Soap
Old‌ ‌Spice‌ ‌Cologne‌ ‌Original‌

qefwq7k.jpg
I’ve been hunting for a Gillette New SC for ages without success :banghead: in a very good reasonable condition.

That’s the problem when searching through eBay in US the zone, when the seller refused to sell it to another country or refused international shipping outside of the US.
Most sellers on eBay in US the zone are part of the "Global Shipping Program," which allows them to offer shipping to most countries at the same cost as local shipping. They send the orders to the Erlanger. Kentucky departure point with no need for custom forms.

Most sellers on eBay in US the zone are part of the "Global Shipping Program," which allows them to offer shipping to most countries at the same cost as local shipping.
I know and I was fully aware, when I send a private email to the seller and I was happily to buy it and I told the seller that could be shipped to Australia, because, the razor was only available to sell only in US. The seller told me that the Gillette New SC will only be sold in US, even I was asking nicely that I was prepared to pay for the international cost and the seller said no.

I know and I was fully aware, when I send a private email to the seller and I was happily to buy it and I told the seller that could be shipped to Australia, because, the razor was only available to sell only in US. The seller told me that the Gillette New SC will only be sold in US, even I was asking nicely that I was prepared to pay for the international cost and the seller said no.
Seller may not have wanted to seal with customs forms and didn't know Australia is included in the "Global Shipping Program," Don't give up. Try other sellers.

Date:- 13 September 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Bruce Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Whispers from the Woods (Australian made) ~ All Things Nice "Spiced Sandalwood & Honey"
Razor/Blade:- Feather AC-SS (SE) / Schick Proline P-30 #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (5) / The Stray Whisker Aftershave Balm (Australian made)

I've had a mid bloodbath shave since I've lost my whole technique for nearly 3 half-years without using my Feather AC-SS its time get my hairy ass back into the ball game all over again....... SHIT!!

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Forgot to take a photo today-
So I’ll paint you a word picture, Bob Ross style.
Razor: gem clog pruf
Blade: gem stainless
Soap: MWF
Brush: maggards synthetic

another chance to use my lovely P&C bowl, have to say I’m a bit of a convert.

Status
Not open for further replies.