Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Squadron Soap Tim Keech 2018 Memorial Auction shaving soap
Razor: Gillette NEW head on TSW Bren handle
Blade: Polsilver "Brown" (2)
Post-shave: Squadron Soap Tim Keech 2018 Memorial Auction splash
Fragrance: N/A

VnCzxTPl.jpg

another chance to use my lovely P&C bowl, have to say I’m a bit of a convert.

EVERYONE should have one really ...

YSOTD

Pre: Warm Shower
Razor: DE89 + 6C Handle
Blade: Feather
Brush: Matilda 2-Band Silvertip Badger
Soap: MdC Argumes

still getting amazed on how close I now get with this razor, and the shave is so smooth. I think I have talked myself out of another razor as all bases are covered.. Love the MdC.

50339384576_642fb749da_b.jpg

50331756891_6bfcdc566d_b.jpg

AP Shave Co 24mm 2BED
Karve Brass SB-C
Feather
Barrister and Mann - Fougère Angelique

Have a great day!

Out of curiosity mate how are you finding the 2BED synthetic knot as I noticed they're quite affordable and come with good reviews...? :unsure:

Lovely picture by the way! ;)

Out of curiosity mate how are you finding the 2BED synthetic knot as I noticed they're quite affordable and come with good reviews...? :unsure:

Lovely picture by the way! ;)

Thanks mate. I think it’s really good. It’s fan shaped, splays easily, whips up great lather and it’s really soft. I wish I got the 28mm. My only other experience with a synthetic brush was the RazoRock Plissoft. Any splaying movements with that one felt like plastic needles poking into my skin. This is not so with the 2BED

Thanks mate. I think it’s really good. It’s fan shaped, splays easily, whips up great lather and it’s really soft. I wish I got the 28mm. My only other experience with a synthetic brush was the RazoRock Plissoft. Any splaying movements with that one felt like plastic needles poking into my skin. This is not so with the 2BED
Yeah looking to replace my RR Plissoft and will certainly keep this one in mind but in 28mm as I prefer the larger sized knots. (y)

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Muhle Nom 22mm Pure Badger
Soap/Cream: Strike Gold Shave - Kennedy
Razor: Karve CB SB (F) Plate
Blade: Derby Extra (2)
Post-shave: Razorock - XXX A/S splash / Stirling - Dunshire P/S Balm

3 pass + touchups BBS. Derby blade struggled with upper top lip area, otherwise nice shave.

Pre-shave: 45 Km bicycle ride; hot shower
Brush: Semogue 1305 boar
Soap/Cream: APR Raconteur
Razor: Smart-Helix Apollo Light (aggr. plate)
Blade: Gillette Rubie (2)
Post-shave: Thayers Witch Hazel / Pinaud Clubman musk / Armaf Club de Nuit

The Rubies second (maybe last) chance. Raconteur is my favourite soap, thick and slick, and the fragrance is beautiful. Not much peat in the whisky they claim to use though!
The Rubie provided a nice comfortable shave, not in the league of a GSB or Nacet but close enough to be saved from the bin. Not planning to use it in the Blackbird again,
but they will get used. It's only 1 PM but I feel like my day is done; another DFS. Boyo boy I love that Apollo.

Pre-shave: 45 Km bicycle ride; hot shower
Brush: Semogue 1305 boar
Soap/Cream: APR Raconteur
Razor: Smart-Helix Apollo Light (aggr. plate)
Blade: Gillette Rubie (2)
Post-shave: Thayers Witch Hazel / Pinaud Clubman musk / Armaf Club de Nuit

The Rubies second (maybe last) chance. Raconteur is my favourite soap, thick and slick, and the fragrance is beautiful. Not much peat in the whisky they claim to use though!
The Rubie provided a nice comfortable shave, not in the league of a GSB or Nacet but close enough to be saved from the bin. Not planning to use it in the Blackbird again,
but they will get used. It's only 1 PM but I feel like my day is done; another DFS. Boyo boy I love that Apollo.
Nice to see you enjoying the Apollo and I share your experience regarding the Rubies... The Nacets provide added efficiency and the GSD smoothness.

Yeah looking to replace my RR Plissoft and will certainly keep this one in mind but in 28mm as I prefer the larger sized knots. (y)
I haven't used my Plissoft (a wet dishrag) since I got my Yaqi Rainbow Pony, which I really love. My 26mm Forgotten Art Tarkine brush, made locally by @Irish possibly has just a little too much backbone, (I think the Tuxedo knot is quite deeply set) but I find it's a good thing to have a slightly more "scrubby" brush from time to time.

For my next brush, I think I'll ask him to make me something with a monster 30mm Timberwolf knot... :cool:

In all honesty I'm finding myself reaching for the badgers regularly as they offer better backbone but if I can find a suitable synthetic knot in the 26-28mm range that won't lose shape like my Plissofts then I'd happily add one to the collection.

Saying that I really enjoy the 30mm tuxedo from Yaqi as it offers great lathering and is a good density without being such a monster... :)

Pre: Warm Shower
Razor: Rockwell 6C R4
Blade: Feather
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Tuxedo
Soap: The Dead Sea

The quest for a mild razor is ‘currently’ dead in the water, between the Rockwell 6C on plate 4, the DE89 and slim/superspeed on low settings is more than I need. R4 delivered a very smooth with an efficiency above the DE89. I certainly had considerably more hair on my face than i usually do using the efficient razors.

The Dead Sea Soap, smells exactly like the splash which in my opinion is simply amazing and a perfect scent for summer. The scent of the puck is quite strong (which I love) and lathers very easily with very little load time, which aint so good as i have so much soap to get through :)

It was only my first shave with this soap but I am already impressed and look forward to getting to know it a little better. Post shave feels great atm but I only just shaved, we’ll see how it feels a little later.

50339887828_aa501bedd9_b.jpg

In all honesty I'm finding myself reaching for the badgers regularly as they offer better backbone but if I can find a suitable synthetic knot in the 26-28mm range that won't lose shape like my Plissofts then I'd happily add one to the collection.

Saying that I really enjoy the 30mm tuxedo from Yaqi as it offers great lathering and is a good density without being such a monster... :)

The Plissoft knot is not dense, thats why it behaves the way it does. Mine has only been used about two dozen times and is started to thin in the centre.
Maybe I should hand lather some rogaine into it before a shave. :)

Last edited:
tcbpCjd.jpg

Monday‌ ‌09.14.20 ‌SOTD‌
Gillette '40s Brit Fat Handle Flat Bottom Tech #77 Set
NOS Gillette Red Thin Blade
Simpsons‌ ‌Commodore‌ ‌X3‌ ‌Best‌ ‌Badger‌
Fine Accoutrements Fresh Vetiver in a vintage mug
Fine Accoutrements ‌Fresh‌ ‌Vetiver‌ ‌aftershave‌

3mEcVRP.jpg

IMG-20200914-213705.jpg

Brush: TF Customs Clear/Black/Yellow 26mm 2 Band Finest
Razor: RazoRock Baby Smooth Al
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (5)
Soap: Face Fat Green Fougere
Pre: Shower + PAA Prickly Pear mentholated pre-shave soap
Post: Brut aftershave lotion // AP Reserve Escentials Restoration Serum
ATG, XTG, WTG = DFS

Whilst not exactly BBS this razor delivered a close and smooth shave...

IMG-20200914-213705.jpg

Brush: TF Customs Clear/Black/Yellow 26mm 2 Band Finest
Razor: RazoRock Baby Smooth Al
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (5)
Soap: Face Fat Green Fougere
Pre: Shower + PAA Prickly Pear mentholated pre-shave soap
Post: Brut aftershave lotion // AP Reserve Escentials Restoration Serum
ATG, XTG, WTG = DFS

Whilst not exactly BBS this razor delivered a close and smooth shave...
How far are you towards the bloody bottom of that Green Fougere.

Status
Not open for further replies.