Wade & Butcher
RJMaUBu.jpg

51522004254_11df7dc882_b.jpg

Brush: Chisel & Hound + Maggard 24mm SHD
Razor: Karve CB Brass SB-D
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Lather: Declaration Grooming - Unscented - Soap
Post-shave: Barrister and Mann - Reserve Spice - Aftershave

Cold morning here with some rain overnight. I felt like using the Reserve Spice aftershave and opted for an unscented soap. Great shave, feels good.

Have a great day!

YDAY SOTD
Lupo 72
Minora
Yaqi Barberpole 2-Band Badger
Noble Otter Two Kings Soap / Splash

So I thought the 72 + nacet combo was excellent, which it is, but my goodness the Minora retains most of the sharpness of the Nacet but adds a bit of extra smoothness.

51522425865_7504d0aceb_b.jpg

Todays SOTD
Timeless 95
Wizamet
Zenith Unbleached Boar
MdC Rose
Son of Zeus

Another great shave with the timeless, i guess i found the right angle and touch cos the past few shaves with this razor has been amazingly smooth and efficient with a hammer like mow down feel to it.

awesome shave, killer scents for a beautiful spring day 😎

51521725213_f5c40c03a4_b.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Tarkine" 26mm Tux
Soap: Mystic Water - Yellow Rose
Razor: RR SS Hawk V3
Blade: Feather Professional Super
Post-shave: Shower, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+
COTD: Hamasil Village, Yemen

I'm not sure whether I could tell the fragrance of this soap is from yellow roses as opposed to pink, white or brindle, but it's at least a real, natural rose with a deep latakia pipe tobacco element. A nice way to wrap up my Samples September.

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- @TroyTools - Mink Nebula
Soap:- B&M - Le Grand Chypre
Razor:- Gillette Aristocrat #15
Blade:- Aussie Spoiler (4)
Aftershave:- B&M - Le Grand Chypre

w3GNUmz.jpg

Awesome shave to start the week. I had my heart set on a good Chypre for a while and landed on B&M Le Grand Chypre. Was a little disappointed with the scent off the puck and immediately post shave (too sweet for my liking and another fruity fragrance for BST) but dried down beautifully to a complex blend of fruity wood and incense.

Scents in Le Grand Chypre: Oakmoss, Labdanum, Frankincense, Bergamot, Rose, Lime, Patchouli, Peach, Musk, Cedar

Inspired by smells indigenous to the island nation of Cyprus, Le Grand Chypre ("Leh Grond SHEEP-ruh") combines notes of bergamot, lime, labdanum, oakmoss, and a touch of patchouli to produce an elegant, citrusy heart. We wrapped it in notes of peach, rose, frankincense, cedar, cinnamon, and other supporting smells to create an elegant, slightly fruity, freshly floral design perfectly suited to the refined shaver.

How's the SSSLIM @klinker? Did you buy only the plate and retrofit an existing scalloped cap razor in the den or buy a complete razor?
I bought the complete razor. It's very manoeuverable and quite aggressive, at least for me. No quick mindless shave with this baby! But it delivers as close a shave as I've ever had.

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Declaration Grooming/Chatillon Lux Weinstrasse shaving soap
Razor: Muhle R95 Rocca Birch Bark handle
Blade: Iridium Super (4)
Post-shave: Declaration Grooming/Chatillon Lux Weinstrasse splash
Fragrance: Declaration Grooming/Chatillon Lux Weinstrasse EDT

Definitely a keeper!

BTW - We have an auction period -

Opening for bidding: 12 noon, Sunday 17 October

Bidding closes: 12 noon, Saturday 23 October (unless auction extended, see rules)

cql7V5yl.jpg

Pre-shave:- Hot Shower, Proraso Green pre-shave
Brush:- Jack the barber
Soap:- Razorock Green label
Razor:- Yintal DE, Jack the Barber
Blade:- 7 o'Clock Green Super Stainless (1), Voskhod (4)
Post-shave:- Cold water, alum block, Nivea balm

One of the things that I love about wet shaving and its associated community is the fact that YMMV on just about every aspect of it and there's no "Ford v Holden" style rhetoric and chest-beating. As I'm still new and I'm working my way through the various blades I've purchased so far, I decided to ditch the Minora and try something new, even though I was having a great run with it. I haven't come across a bad Gillette blade yet, but because the 7 o'Clock Greens don't get mentioned a lot on here, I wasn't expecting greatness. I was therefore amazed to have a shave that was every bit as good as the Minora with its ability to mow through a few days of growth and with a smoothness that I wasn't expecting. I even put down the Voskhod and completed the touch-up phase on the second side of my neck with the Yintal/Green combo and it was every bit as smooth and irritation-free. This is a very nice combination for me!

CzhfHHv.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap
Brush: Rudy Vey Shavemac Silvertip Badger
Soap: CRSW Glide Fragile Confusion
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: Vintage NOS Wilkie Light Brigade (9)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Myrsol Blue Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Musgo Real Oak Moss

Lovely shave.

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- @TroyTools - Mink Nebula
Soap:- B&M - Le Grand Chypre
Razor:- Fatip - Piccolo
Blade:- Gillette Minora (4)
Aftershave:- B&M - Le Grand Chypre

u4IkP9s.jpg

Smoothness and efficiency of the Piccolo never ceases to impress.
It just oozes quality like one of @TomG photos when not on a mine site

Status
Not open for further replies.