Shave of the Day Thread - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_20180523_064554-01.jpg

Finally got a Rockwell 6C in the den. Decided on plate 6. Wow. This is exactly as smooth as everyone talks about. Very efficient and yet mild... especially with the red and white Gillette Stainless blades. Got my leather on in the post.

ntCh089l.jpg

Semogue Boar, Proraso, Bengall, Witch Hazel, VCS
I used the Proraso as I wanted a simple basic shave today.MWF takes a bit to get the lather right and the Haslinger can be a bit fiddly as well,both great soaps but the Italian is easy to use and a good all rounder for straights and DE and I don't mind the mild scent.Nice steady two passes,close result and an enjoyable shave.

n5h1k9.jpg

Rockwell 6S R4 w/ Perma Sharo (1)
Yaqi Tuxedo
Declaration Grooming Darkfall Soap/Splash/EdP

Got the lather for this soap pretty right thismorning. Loaded it longer then I usually do, and a fair bit of water. So slick. Loving the Perma Sharps.
@LukehGee - how did you manage to get the L&L Grooming splash and EDP to Oz (alcohol)?

yib8MkP_d.jpg

Pre: Truefitt & Hill Oil....
Razor: 1958 Gillette Fat Boy #4....
Blade: Personna Red....
Brush: TF Custom....
Soap: APR Mycroft....

Great three pass shave....
Wonderful slickness, cushioning and scent from the soap and Aftershave....

@LukehGee - how did you manage to get the L&L Grooming splash and EDP to Oz (alcohol)?

I also should add, the shipping was cheaper then maggards and WCS. I have done two orders through them both arrived fine, even had the vendor reach out to make sure I realised the shipping time.

Though next time I will request it to be packed with bubble wrap and not packing nuts. The second one he used the packing nuts and all the items worked there way to the bottom by the time it got to me. That could of went wrong.

Pre: my lemon Myrtle pre shave oil
Rockwell R4 w/Polsilver
Yaqi boss knot
Nanny's Silly Soaps - Down Home Summer
Anherb balm

Great soap! Wonderful scent!!
It's like a blend of summer freshness with a light spiciness.

20180524_101129_01.jpg

Pre Shave: Warm water, Proraso green
Razor: Rockwell 6S R4
Blade: Viking sword (2)
Bowl: Fine Stoneware
Brush: Muhle, Silver tip badger
Soap: Proraso Green
Just a nice combo. Two passes and a touch up, nice shave.
Have a good one tomorrow gents.

My little experiment continued tonight. My shave with the Coticule honed blade was 2 days growth so tonight was also a 2 day growth shave.

Using the same Bengall 6/8" blade, tonight's hones were the soft, hard and translucent Arkansas.
Immediately the blade felt many times sharper, no tugging and no effort to remove whiskers.

The blade honed on the Arkansas stones compared to when it was honed on the Coticle was scary sharp, yet despite that the Coticule left as smooth a result despite seeming to be less keen.

As before I did 2 passes but this time I could sense I had done the extra pass. The Coticule removed only the whiskers whereas the Arkansas was keen to remove whiskers with a reasonable degree of exfoliation in the process. The alcohol splash did illicit a fair twisting of facial features.

So far I have reinforced my view that different stones with the same blade can produce wildly different results.

Bengall 6/8"
Turkish mega brush
My soap

Verdict: Most surprised but I'm giving it to the Coticle so far.

IMAG0118.jpg

Brush: RR 400
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Personna Blue (3)
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine Lathering Bowl
Soap: APR Velours Noir

Lather-icious! Have a great Friday... :happy:

Razor: Vintage Gillette British NEW head on a Weber classic handle
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (7)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson
Soap/Cream: Mystic Waters Sardinian Honey shaving soap
Aftershave: The Stray Whisker (TSW) After Balm balm
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve splash

Been a full week with no SOTDs!

Great finish to the week though

1yVZXuZ.jpg

Valobra Pre Shave
Simpson CH3
Wolfman WR1 SB
Feather
Martin de Candre Rose
AP Reserve Fougère Bourbon Rose Splash/EDP

'Ozymandias' & 'Fenchurch' are now available, please check the 'heads up' forum for the P&C discount code :cool:

coIbq4Ah.jpg

Pre: Pb Pre Shave Emulsion
Soap: P&B Spitfire
Razor: Merkur 30C
Blade: Feather (5)
Good combo. Was wondering how the Feather on it's fifth use would go but it worked very well for a CCS. Funny thing was I was hunting around last night for Squadron Scramble and couldn't find it, then realized I haven't bought it yet. Going to have to rectify that. I've obviously got too many soaps or I'm losing my marbles........

Status
Not open for further replies.