Shave of the Day Thread - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Birthday Shave (Yesterday)

Gillette Superspeed Red Tip 1955
Aussie Spoiler E-2 1984 (birthday blade)
Tailor of Old Bond Street - Coconut
Vie-Longue Horse Hairs
Gillette Wild Rain (Discontinuing this stuff was madness #BringBackWildRain)

The Aussie Spoiler has been my exclusive Birthday Blade for the past 4 years and, once again, provided me with a shave of the utmost quality.

C0XO300.jpg
Great traditional solid shave (y)

40524310350_e13dc3dedf_c.jpg

Razor: Timeless Bronze
Blade: Rapira Platinum
Brush: El Druida Manchurian badger
Lather: Acqua di Parma
Fragrance: Acqua di Parma Colonia Pura

Happy start to the weekend, gents!!!
That brush is stunning just having a look on site there are some real custom brushes really nice (y)

That brush is stunning just having a look on site there are some real custom brushes really nice (y)
El Druida makes really fantastic brushes, and you’ll be pleasantly surprised when you ask him about a custom made brush for your collection. It takes a while for him to make it, but it’s worth the wait :)

Razor: Vintage Gillette British NEW head on a Weber classic handle
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (7)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson
Soap/Cream: Mystic Waters Sardinian Honey shaving soap
Aftershave: The Stray Whisker (TSW) After Balm balm
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve splash

Been a full week with no SOTDs!

Great finish to the week though
Love the Pasteur sticker, Agent 66 ;).

Semogue boar
Mondial Florence
Mingshi
Polsilver
Witch Hazel
Nivea
Viet Fougere
Oud Attar
Musk Attar

Faux Futur Friday; Started with the Mingshi on 4 and felt quite aggressive as I did not have much growth.Second pass dropped to 2 to see how that went and ended with a very smooth shave.Got a couple of weepers around voicebox but otherwise all good. That razor definitely demands respect and
attention.I smell pretty good too.

Date: 25 May 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Dr Harris Windsor Shaving Stick
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Astra Superior Stainless #6
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Face Moisturizer / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- Dolce&Gabbana The One for Men

IMG_20180525_074403-01.jpg

First wintery day in Perth. Bring out the Winterfell. Also as a commemoration for @todras dropping the new scents today.

Still stands up a year later as a hell of a quality kit. The Rockwell 6C is pretty amazing too. Funny how I keep getting vintage razors really...

Oh no, the APR soap is upside down!

Is that like back masking, or the Beatles walking across the crossing without shoes?

What does this mean? Is @todras safe or is this a secret sign and we should be worried? Was the 'release' the the winter scents today fair dinkum or just 'proof of life'?

Or am I simply reading too much into this?

Love the Pasteur sticker, Agent 66 ;).

Thanks for noticing :) Purchased there on a trip in 2010/11 - the shaving Mecca of the western world!

First wintery day in Perth. Bring out the Winterfell. Also as a commemoration for @todras dropping the new scents today.

Winterfall (cough HBO cough) Winterfall people :LOL:

If people want full colour stickers for Winterfall, and they are prepared to pay postage, send me a PM in a few days and I will get a set out to you.

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Alt Innsbruck Emulsion
Brush: Savile Row 3824 Silvertip Badger
Soap: Martin De Candre Fougère
Razor: Wilkinson Sword "Sticky"
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel / Alt Innsbruck Emulsion
Scent: Erik Kormann Dezember

Cracking shave. Lovely lather from the MDC, applied to my bonce via the super-soft tips of the Savile Row 3824.
Three passes for a DFS+. I love my Sticky. It is a beautiful design, and a great shaver. Whilst mild, if you pair it with a sharp blade such as a vintage Wilkie (which it was designed for) or a Polsilver, it is surprisingly efficient.

Pre: hot water
razor: SSSeygus extrem oc
blade: Astra green
brush: yaqi sagrada familia
soap: GD After the fire
splash: APR Lightning Ridge

5aTGCIS.jpg

Trying to interact with the neighbours around:

7seEYYi.jpg

The F*cker almost steal my soap!!

EvUGoGr.jpg

:ROFLMAO:

Hahaha
That's Gold!!

Pre: my lemon Myrtle pre shave oil
Rockwell R4 w/Polsilver
Razorock Bruce synth
Artisan beta soap
Anherb balm

Another soap test and another great lather! I really loved the fresh, herbal scent on it!!

The load time was a bit longer as I swirled for 15 seconds and it still hadn't thickened up in the tub so I swirled a bit more and it was ready to go.

Nice, creamy lather. I think the other ones I used are newer formulas and easier to lather up compared to this one.

20180525_110514_01.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.