Feather
TOBS Jermyn Street Cream/Balm/Aftershave/Cologne

TOBS Tuesday! :oldman:

29b0mmc.jpg

Rockwell 6S R4 w/ Polsilver (5)
Semouge 830
B&M Reserve Fern Soap
AP Reserve General Ledger Splash and EdP

From sweet and woody yesterday with the Squadron Scramble to green today with the Fern/GL combo. I am pretty happy with the autumn rotation I have built up. The GL scent seems to suit all seasons.

My skin cannot handle the 6S plate 4 2 days in a row. The upper lip is feeling pretty raw. Had one weeper as well. First in forever.

Brush: Yaqi 30mm
Razor: Yaqi DOC + RR Bamboo handle
Blade: Personna Blue (1)
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Voshod s/steel lathering bowl
Soap: Proraso white cream
Pre: Shower
Post: Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / PAA Atomic travel after shave / Proraso white balm

Off to donate some valuable plasma - http://donateblood.com.au :nurse:
Well that was a disappointing experience to say the least. Unable to donate plasma this time due to complications but I'm booked again in 3 weeks time so here's hoping I have better luck then :) Have a great Tuesday and happy shaves!

Birthday Shave (Yesterday)

Gillette Superspeed Red Tip 1955
Aussie Spoiler E-2 1984 (birthday blade)
Tailor of Old Bond Street - Coconut
Vie-Longue Horse Hairs
Gillette Wild Rain (Discontinuing this stuff was madness #BringBackWildRain)

The Aussie Spoiler has been my exclusive Birthday Blade for the past 4 years and, once again, provided me with a shave of the utmost quality.

C0XO300.jpg

Pre: my lemon Myrtle pre shave oil
Rockwell 2C R3 w/Polsilver
Yaqi Timberwolf
Van Yulay - Coconut Lime
Anherb balm

The scent on this soap is awesome! So fresh and summery...But it triggered my allergies.

I either get topical reactions or I get internal reactions such as migraines etc so I am totally bummed about this one as it's a wonderful scent!!

20180522_110603_01.jpg

1. Preshave: Shiner Gold
  2. Razor:Thiers Issard 5/8 full hollow
  3. Soap: St James of London
  4. Brush: Dovo Silvertip
  5. Postshave: St James of London
  6. Earworm: Locomotion - Kylie Minogue (I know, terrible)
Now, I'm not going to get cocky just yet, but I think that I'm starting to get the hang of this straight razor game. Touch wood. Great shave today, not BBS just a truly DFS. NO nicks either, which of course at this stage in my learning I'm most happy about.I'm starting to think whether some of my DEs will even get a look in during the coming weeks

GBhmZILl.jpg

Soap: Pb Bay/Lime MkIII
Brush: Vie Long Horse Badger
Razor: TI Flower Pattern
AS: Pb Bay/Lime
Picked up the TI at the end of the Shave Shack sale. Probably the best shave I've had off a factory edge but it will still be hitting the stones shortly. The Vie Long is a great little brush. I always enjoy using it.

I think that you must have picked up that razor just before me. I was looking at it, and then it was gone:inpain:

FEzryi2.jpg

Pre-Shave: SebaMed, cold water
Razor: BBS-1
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Hucklaration
Lather: Mike's Bay Rum
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Fantastic shave today with the BBS-1 and some stellar Mike's Stirling lather - it was so good, that I just shaved with it and totally forgot to take a picture ;)

I hope you all have a terrific Tuesday (y)

I started an unintentional experiment this evening. I've decided to use only one blade [a Bengall 5/8"] and rehone it for each shave with a different finishing hone.
I have Jnat, Cnat, Arkansas, Coticule and a slate I cut myself. I also have a 10k synthetic that I may use as a finisher for the trial.

Tonight was the Coticule.
First pass a touch tuggy but many people who use Coticules say they are not as laser sharp as a Jnat but do get the job done. Despite the minor tug, no irritation and a very smooth face.
2 pass very smooth.

Torture test - straight alcohol splaash - No "home alone" face.

End result really close smooth skin with a little misgiving about the tugging.

Bengall 6/8"
Turkish Boar
My soap

Any suggestions for the next stone?

I started an unintentional experiment this evening. I've decided to use only one blade [a Bengall 5/8"] and rehone it for each shave with a different finishing hone.
I have Jnat, Cnat, Arkansas, Coticule and a slate I cut myself. I also have a 10k synthetic that I may use as a finisher for the trial.

Tonight was the Coticule.
First pass a touch tuggy but many people who use Coticules say they are not as laser sharp as a Jnat but do get the job done. Despite the minor tug, no irritation and a very smooth face.
2 pass very smooth.

Torture test - straight alcohol splaash - No "home alone" face.

End result really close smooth skin with a little misgiving about the tugging.

Bengall 6/8"
Turkish Boar
My soap

Any suggestions for the next stone?
What is your highest grit synthetic? Just wondering what you are comparing to synthetic wise. What is a Cnat?
Interested in this exercise. Thinking about investing in a Jnat.

:) What is a synthetic? :) I will compere the shave "feel". Not overly scientific but real world.
A Cnat is a Chinese natural. Between 8 and 10k but naturals don't really have a specific grit rating. A very good stone.
I'm in the naturals camp and have always had a preference that way. The 10k synthetic I have my be a bit harsh but we will see.

cBC8eCSl.jpg

Pre: Pb Pre Shave Emulsion
Soap: Wolfpac Silk Road
Razor: Rocnel Elite
Blade: BIC (2)
Nice shave with the Silk Road this morning. Lather was fine. Another fine performance with the Bic in the Elite. Nice to have a combination that is reliable especially when you've a function to attend and wanting to avoid cuts and weepers. Silk road scent is pleasant and I'd say lies somewhere between Moroccan Rhassoul and Pb Bay/Lime.

Status
Not open for further replies.