Not open for further replies.

1. Preshave: Shiner Gold
  2. Blade:Astra Superior Platinum
  3. Razor: Charcoal Goods Magnum, Level 3, open comb
  4. Soap: Simpsons shave cream
  5. Brush:Simpsons, Tulip 3
  6. Postshave: RazoRock, Don Marco
  7. Earworm: God is a DJ - Faithless
Great two shave pass this morning. I find that with this plate, anything more than 2 passes leaves my skin feeling raw. However, 2 passes was enough for BBS.

Rain has stopped lately, but natural light is not a commodity here...

Shavette: The Bluebeards revenge + Astra Green
brush: yaqi sagrada familia
soap: Neroli di Bois
splash: Witch Hazel + APR Lightning ridge

5vG1l9P.jpg

Nice shave, at least this soap smell better than After the fire xD

IMAG0117.jpg

Brush: Proraso (Omega)
Razor: Timeless Bronze SB
Blade: Personna Blue (2)
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine Lathering Bowl
Soap: Tabula Rasa Dezember
Pre: Shower

Wunderbar! Happy shaves :)

Date: 23 May 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Tabac Shaving Stick
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Astra Superior Stainless #5
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Face Moisturizer / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- Tabac Cologne

The carpet will be finished today, and the new furniture will arrive roughly in two weeks. My father won't be getting out of the Sydney Clinic (mental hospital) until the divorce settlement is over which is around 18th August, on Friday there will be a lot of packing to do around the house and stuff will be thrown out. My mother will be keeping nearly all the house furniture into her new unit (home), that way all the house furniture will be reminded her of her home instead of having new furniture this will give her a complete comfort zone around her unit and she will be close to my brother.

Last edited:
Pre: my lemon Myrtle pre shave oil
Rockwell 2C R3 w/Polsilver
APShaveco Tuxedo
HeV Fall's Lumberjack
Anherb balm

I had given a few soaps to a friend a couple of months ago and he didn't get on with them so he returned them to me.
This being one of those soaps.

It's a great soap. Creamy lather that was fairly easy to whip up. The scent is lovely and very similar to the Latha Original (black label).

20180523_101743_01.jpg

APShaveco Tuxedo
HeV Fall's Lumberjack
Anherb balm

I had given a few soaps to a friend a couple of months ago and he didn't get on with them so he returned them to me.

It's a great soap. Creamy lather that was fairly easy to whip up. The scent is lovely and very similar to the Latha Original (black label).

20180523_101743_01.jpg
Ahh - Fall's Lumberjack. Makes you want to sharpen the axe and pop on the red and black checked flannelette shirt!

APShaveco Tuxedo
HeV Fall's Lumberjack
Anherb balm

20180523_101743_01.jpg
Love the Razor RW 2c ;)

Prep:
Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: DR Harris H3 Best Badger
Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch (Tallow)
Razor: Schick Injector Type L3 Grip
Blade: Schick Injector (3)
Scent: Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet

A beautiful shave. The DR Harris H3 (28mm knot) is my softest badger brush, and I love it. It has just the right density for me, providing enough backbone whilst still having cloud-like softness and good flow-through. It combined with the Haslinger soap to whip up loads of tallowy goodness.
I have really enjoyed trying out the Schick Injectors - thanks, @Greenpike. They are super-comfortable and nimble razors, and I feel would make ideal daily drivers. I'm more of a "every other day" shaver, and love to get to BBS, and thus prefer something a little more efficient.

Last edited:
Ahh - Fall's Lumberjack. Makes you want to sharpen the axe and pop on the red and black checked flannelette shirt!

I did get a very nice, fresh forest feeling. It's really a very nicely done scent!

Love the Razor RW 2c ;)

It's a great razor! My love for the 6S made me get the 2C for the travel kit but I prefer the R4 plate.
The R3 is ultra comfy and I'll still keep it around for when I want/need a milder shave.

@nav1 whats your thought behind a dedicated travel kit razor? In case you leave it somewhere you don't loose your favourite razor?

Potentially losing my 6S is one reason behind a dedicated travel kit but the other reason is that I don't have to pack and unpack every item.

I have a dedicated razor, brush, 2 shave sticks, a puck of MWF, hair clay and a Groommate tool.

Pre Shave: Warm water
Razor: Fatboy D-4 (4)
Blade: Astra (2)
Bowl: Fine Stoneware
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Mikes Barber Shop
Is that a post pic of your SOTD or a pre shave pic cause if it is a pre shave you need a shitload more lather.

Is that a post pic of your SOTD or a pre shave pic cause if it is a pre shave you need a shitload more lather.

G'day 58RW. Post pic mate. :D
My experience to date, Fatboy shaves a little more aggressively than the Slim. Also preferring the Fat Boy's larger diameter handle, just feels a little more comfortable in hand.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.