What do you have in the post right now?

If you don't like to put in time into your lather...go for the others - if you are after ultimate slickness and post-shave feel: Mystic Waters (y)
Pretty much this. Also the soap came about due to users on another forum and I think it's a one off, I am also a massive sandalwood fan so I had been lurking over the thread since I first read about it. Mystic Waters does make a fantastic range, yes but as alfredus says it is one for those who like to make a lather.

One of those boxes is due to arrive on my doorstep this week.

Congrats! Let me know how GREAT a blade they are - shut up if they are not!

His last 100 is going for GBP1,000 !

What???? Oh, yes, that was the listing where I made an offer and we then got talking. I presume it cannot be taken down now and they have changed the price instead. If they get a sale I'm happy to give up one of my boxes :)

WTF?! He's gotta be joking. I paid £30 plus postage for mine.

Much the same as I did

Omega Pure Bristle Green Shaving Brush with Stand
Mitchell's Wool Fat Ceramic Shaving Dish & Shaving Soap
Clubman Pinaud Aftershave Lotion
5 Rapira Platinum Double Edge Razor Blades
5 Double Edge Blades Polsilver Super Iridium
5 Rapira Sweedish Supersteel Double Edge Razor Blades
10 Rapira Classic Super Stainless Steel
5 Ladas Super Stainless Steel Double Edge Blades
5 Rapira Chrome Stainless Double Edge Blades
Speick Shaving Cream
5 Cuchillas Afeitar Doble Hoja Perma-Sharp
5 DE Blades Gillette 7 o'clock "Super Stainless"
Just a few things on their way from Spain...

A Rocket Red Tip (finally).

Congrats!

Everyone deserves to have a rocket in their drawer!

t2320.gif

Gee Whiz! @alfredus, @todras, guys, you almost convinced me :)

Did you buy from their website? What was the shipping price from the top of your head?

Sorry I missed this in the week @dewynter, work has been flat chat!

Mystic Waters does 4 0z (114 gram) tubs and an order of 3 or 4 tubs is usually around $22.57 USD ($30.00 AUD roughly depending on the crap PayPal exchange rate)

You place an order with Michelle at Mystic Waters and pay for the soaps via her website, she will email you back with the postage costs and a link to pay her paypal invoice.

She is a lovely soapmaker, you may even find that when she sends you the postage invoice that she invites you to choose 2 or 3 sample soaps to be put in your box free of charge ;)

Sorry I missed this in the week @dewynter, work has been flat chat!

Mystic Waters does 4 0z (114 gram) tubs and an order of 3 or 4 tubs is usually around $22.57 USD ($30.00 AUD roughly depending on the crap PayPal exchange rate)

You place an order with Michelle at Mystic Waters and pay for the soaps via her website, she will email you back with the postage costs and a link to pay her paypal invoice.

She is a lovely soapmaker, you may even find that when she sends you the postage invoice that she invites you to choose 2 or 3 sample soaps to be put in your box free of charge ;)
What are the postage charges generally like @todras?

What are the postage charges generally like @todras?

Her postage charges are on par with Maggards, Stirling and other US Vendors to be honest except she goes with first class priority air due to the nature of her soaps.

It's USPS Priority Airmail, which generally takes 7 to 9 days to reach Australia from time of order. You can go with USPS Airmail economy which takes around 14 days (or longer with Australia post, I have had 26 day orders) but is $8 or $9 cheaper.

The thing is though, if it's the middle of summer in the US you really don't really want 3 or 4 pucks of artisan soap sitting in a 45C US warehouse for a week or so, particularly in the hotter US states so I always go for the priority airmail when ordering from US artisans. Italian Barber and some of the other large Vendors even have a warning about ordering in summer the problem occurs that often.

We should really look up the USPS Airmail charges for both regular, priority, and express and post them in a stickyed thread where they would be useful @Mark1966 if we have not done so already because then we could all use the data to calculate individual item weight and likely freight charges from the US (Just an idea).

Last edited:

Her postage charges are on par with Maggards, Stirling and other US Vendors to be honest except she goes with first class priority air due to the nature of her soaps.

It's USPS Priority Airmail, which generally takes 7 to 9 days to reach Australia from time of order. You can go with USPS Airmail economy which takes around 14 days (or longer with Australia post, I have had 26 day orders) but is $8 or $9 cheaper.

The thing is though, if it's the middle of summer in the US you really don't really want 3 or 4 pucks of artisan soap sitting in a 45C US warehouse for a week or so, particularly in the hotter US states so I always go for the priority airmail when ordering from US artisans. Italian Barber and some of the other large Vendors even have a warning about ordering in summer the problem occurs that often.

We should really look up the USPS Airmail charges for both regular, priority, and express and post them in a stickyed thread where they would be useful @Mark1966 if we have not done so already because then we could all use the data to calculate individual item weight and likely freight charges from the US (Just an idea).

So Maggards quotes $50.60 USD for 4 tubs of 4oz soap USPS Priority Mail International. Seems like a lot to spend on postage for 4 tubs of soap.

So Maggards quotes $50.60 USD for 4 tubs of 4oz soap USPS Priority Mail International. Seems like a lot to spend on postage for 4 tubs of soap.

It is a lot of money, I would like to know the weight limits as I have paid $50 USD in postage for a Stirling order:4 pucks of soap and 3 or 4 post shave balms and 5 or 6 1oz sample pucks.

I'm certain it's about the weight limits per class and the priority service, if you place an order in the US Autumn or Winter and want to save $15 or so aussie dollars then get them to send a large order by regular airmail.

We really should get copies of the USPS charts for postage costs and spend some time looking at them to work out the most viable option for soap orders, even with the exchange rate from USD to AUD being what it is, saving $20 or so on each order would make the whole process a lot less painful for the wallet and more viable to do regular orders. The way it is now, I am very selective about ordering artisan soaps, a lot of the times I don't bother ordering them and hope that @shavetheman decides to stock them but even he can't stock everything as we well know.

@todras, no worries mate! I contacted Michelle yesterday and she advised on the actual postage. "All packages that weigh between 8.1 oz and 2 pounds costs $22.75 to send to Australia. Three tubs and one refill come in at just 2 lbs. Or three tubs and some samples." So I placed an order for three tubs and one refill. She sent me a single invoice for soaps with delivery. Paid by PayPal. The price per one soap with delivery was very reasonable in AUD.

@todras, no worries mate! I contacted Michelle yesterday and she advised on the actual postage. "All packages that weigh between 8.1 oz and 2 pounds costs $22.75 to send to Australia. Three tubs and one refill come in at just 2 lbs. Or three tubs and some samples." So I placed an order for three tubs and one refill. She sent me a single invoice for soaps with delivery. Paid by PayPal. The price per one soap with delivery was very reasonable in AUD.

Cheers dewynter, excellent information all round, the exchange rate fluctuation in the AUD compared to the US and the atrocious rate PayPal offers is what will cause the price differences I'm thinking.

Thanks for linking to the USPS info too, I was hoping someone would do it as I am just too lazy :D

I was hoping they would have an online tool or some such, cheers for pointing us to page34..I would have lost patience with wading through 68 pages for the information I wanted.

Cheers dewynter, excellent information all round, the exchange rate fluctuation in the AUD compared to the US and the atrocious rate PayPal offers is what will cause the price differences I'm thinking.

Thanks for linking to the USPS info too, I was hoping someone would do it as I am just too lazy :D

I was hoping they would have an online tool or some such, cheers for pointing us to page34..I would have lost patience with wading through 68 pages for the information I wanted.

Don't use PayPal to do the conversion. Let your bank do it and get better rates generally.