2016 Sabbatical Thread

Just under 5 hours to go until the Big and Little hands reach for 12.

...and I'm in.

In the spirit of transparency I would like to notify Big Brother that the following are in transit and acquired some time ago.

1. 3 x Mystic Water soaps (might be already waiting in my Parcel Locker)
2. 1 x I Coloniali Rhubarb shave cream and matching deodorant.
3. Vie-long Epsilon Horse hair brush (a warranty replacement for my current shedder)

* There is one minor exclusion I would like to add (hey, if Apple is always excluded from storewide sales then why not me).

"If (and it's a big IF), a Wolfman Razor was to become then it would come under some serious consideration. In turn I will offload some stuff to the equivalent value and make it a neutral cost procurement. I don't think I will have the courage to purchase such an expensive razor but let's not close the door on that one".

Believe me - this is going to kill me. There are some Limited Edition brush projects coming in 2016 that would normally turn my knees to jelly.

@Monsta_AU - if this is kosher with you then slap on the banner (fingers sweating and spasms as I prepare to press the [Post Reply] button)

C'est la vie...

This is going to be one boring forum with all of you on sabbaticals until we break you.

The only thread that well keep p&c going will be the sotd!

I would consider joining you all but I don't have enough menthol soap to last the year.

This is going to be one boring forum with all of you on sabbaticals until we break you.

I would consider joining you all but I don't have enough menthol soap to last the year.

Nah there'll be mail calls enough from @SydBJW , @filobiblic and I to keep this ship afloat.

...and I'm in.

In the spirit of transparency I would like to notify Big Brother that the following are in transit and acquired some time ago.

3. Vie-long Epsilon Horse hair brush (a warranty replacement for my current shedder)

* There is one minor exclusion I would like to add (hey, if Apple is always excluded from storewide sales then why not me).

"If (and it's a big IF), a Wolfman Razor was to become then it would come under some serious consideration. In turn I will offload some stuff to the equivalent value and make it a neutral cost procurement. I don't think I will have the courage to purchase such an expensive razor but let's not close the door on that one".

Believe me - this is going to kill me. There are some Limited Edition brush projects coming in 2016 that would normally turn my knees to jelly.

@Monsta_AU - if this is kosher with you then slap on the banner (fingers sweating and spasms as I prepare to press the [Post Reply] button)

C'est la vie...

What LE brushes are their this year?

This might be my year, can't believe I missed out on the Paldin LE earlier this year, I had one in a cart for about a second.

...and I'm in.

C'est la vie...

This is another @Mark1966, Section 1a. Subsection iii) allows me buy (x) if I sell 2 x (y) on the 4th Friday in any month. Why bother blokes?

Well with @Lifes a Peach paving the way he cannot be left doing it alone so -

Just under 5 minutes to go until the Big and Little hands reach for 12.

... I'm in.

Again, in the spirit of transparency I would like to notify Big Brother that the following are in transit and acquired earlier this week - @stillshunter can verifyo.

1. 3 x Wickhams soaps
2. 1 x D R Harris Arlington Shave Stick.
3. 40 Injector blades

* There is one minor exclusion I would like to add (if HE can why not me?).

"If (and it's a HUGE if), a Darwin Razor was to become available at a reasonable cost then it would come under some serious consideration. In turn I will offload some stuff to the equivalent value and make it a neutral cost procurement. I don't think I will have the opportunity to purchase such a rare razor but let's not close the door on that one".

Believe me - this is going to kill me too ...

Highly doubt that my abstinence is going to put a dent in the entertainment around here. We just need more more members to fill the Acquisition thread (y)

What LE brushes are their this year?

This might be my year, can't believe I missed out on the Paldin LE earlier this year, I had one in a cart for about a second.

Sorry that you missed out on a Paladin. However, I have a good feeling that your missing out will be made up for this year. It would be rude of me to reveal the ones that I know of before the organisers do but you will be stoked with one of them at least.

This is another @Mark1966, Section 1a. Subsection iii) allows me buy (x) if I sell 2 x (y) on the 4th Friday in any month. Why bother blokes?

Good question if you haven't stepped foot in my bathroom. I'm talking about one very hard to get razor - pretty simple, hey? I debated this one with myself for ages but at the risk of the maker stopping production (think Weber, Tradere, etc) I don't want to be paying massive overs for an unobtainium razor.

Thanks @Mark1966 and @Draco Noir for lending your support :)

Banners updated - good luck all, you will need it. @SydBJW, @filobiblic & @stillshunter will be tempting you with all sorts of stuff...

And here we are in January with a very large inbound order of many things due to The Stray Whisker very soon. One might suggest that you won't make the end of February!

Yep, best of luck fellas...

fc7c758d52f48d6f356ec42657135f9a.jpg

Yep, best of luck fellas...

fc7c758d52f48d6f356ec42657135f9a.jpg
Shoe's on the other foot now for us huh Stillsy? [emoji38] Now it's them on Sabbatical and us on the sidelines pelting them with mail calls...

So far, so good!
(I've translated it into BeanCounter speak for you...)
0.8% through your Sabbatical and doing great! [emoji106]

Hmmm

There's a suspicious amount of caveats, big ifs, small exclusions...
Judging from last year ...

Jan $1.01
Feb $1.45
After TSW gets it's 2016 stock $ 7.50
After Filo Syd Stillsy etc get their TSW orders $12.75

The house money looks safe

I thought that @stillshunter and @filobiblic were at least going to make the pretence of trying to do the sabbatical before failing abysmally on January 6th.
Seems they gave up on Jan 1 even if they didn't buy anything yet.

I thought that @stillshunter and @filobiblic were at least going to make the pretence of trying to do the sabbatical before failing abysmally on January 6th.
I made no such mention of Sabbaticals for 2016 - I know I wouldn't last...

As usual, The Borqasition Service is there to aid with pesky orders you must have, yet can't purchase.
Line up a trade of something of yours I'm interested in, and I'll take care of the purchase hassle :)

I made no such mention of Sabbaticals for 2016 - I know I wouldn't last...

I just auto-failed filo after last year's effort. I think that he will fail in-perpetum even if he never joins. In 20 years people will be scratching their heads wondering how it happened.