Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Sabbatical or Sabbatic
[suh-bat-i-kuh l]

adjective
1. of or pertaining or appropriate to the Sabbath.
2. (lowercase) of or relating to a sabbatical year.
3. (lowercase) bringing a period of rest.

noun
4. (lowercase) sabbatical year.
5. (lowercase) any extended period of leave from one's customary work, especially for rest, to acquire new skills or training, etc.

sabbatical year
noun
1. Also called sabbatical leave. (in a school, college, university, etc.) a year, usually every seventh, of release from normal teaching duties granted to a professor, as for study or travel.
2. Chiefly Biblical. a yearlong period to be observed by Jews once every seven years, during which the fields were to be left untilled and all agricultural labors were to be suspended. Lev. 25.

[thank you Dictionary.com]

Well as we are now in the last month of 2015 I thought some people may be contemplating next year already.

This thread follows the lead of its 2015 counterpart in providing a place for those so minded to announce their intentions to avoid temptation in the following year [and for the rest of us to tempt them with the wares of interest.]

It's an indictment that you've started a 2016 sabbatical thread when the current one still has a month or so to run. Before it even kicks in, why don't we just pronounce this one dead in the water as well.

It's an indictment that you've started a 2016 sabbatical thread when the current one still has a month or so to run. Before it even kicks in, why don't we just pronounce this one dead in the water as well.

Just providing continuity, you can make your 2016 pledge whilst still completing your 2015 ;)

Well I'm putting my name down. How about we start giving out a prize for the winner? I'm sure I would have come close last year until I relented and bought some MWF. It was actually second hand (brand new untouched puck but still...). Does that count? How about we exclude purchases from fellow members. That really is a form of recycling which should be rewarded. How about we set an overall P&C target, inspired by the current ongoing climate summit? You can offset new purchases with ones bought from members. In the case of soap call it a soap-sink if you like. Locking up tallow! If you're really clever you can buy loads from members and be owed credits. I'm liking this already.

Last edited:
I am saving time.

First there was predictive text

Now, in a world first, Paste & Cut introduces - predictive banners!

Groundbreaking

Love your work mate ;)

A sense of humour, from the giver to the receiver, class act guys :)

BTW, how about this for a prize ?
The winner receives credit at the store that can not be mentioned, equivalent to all their purchases made during the year.*
Of course they would have to agree to join in this :)

*purchases from members/second hand market/trades/bartered deals and of kind are excluded.

Well I might be very tempted - let's see how we go in December.

If I choose to walk this path, there will be definitely one exception though: I will 100% jump on the chance of getting another Wolfman - if I get the opportunity...

naughty-boy-la-la-la-ft-sam-smith.gif

OK - we can tell that @stillshunter is in denial, but life goes on ...

... I did a little sorting out in the bathroom this morning.

The soap drawer seems in order -

The aftershave and [unused] backup soap drawer now sorted too -

My vintage corner - loving that grooovy Herbal @borked -

and last my vintage Pens on the vanity -

Of course the stuff not in the bathroom (largely 'cause there is no room) like the vintage Williams, Old Spice, Yardley backups, colognes etc are not shown.

I think I might just survive a sabbatical year ...

Of course the stuff not in the bathroom (largely 'cause there is no room) like the vintage Williams, Old Spice, Yardley backups, colognes etc are not shown.

@Mark1966 you forgot that you also have a different razor for every day of the year as well :) You could do it easily if you wanted to. I ave more than enough soap, not enough aftershave stuff and probably just enough blades. My problem is their will be new soap calling my name all the time :) . For this reason I wont be doing it.

Oh blades - forgot those. Probably have a couple of lifetimes of those. Yes, should be able to survive ...

...and what's a decade long sabbatical called?

Decabbatical? Sabbatcade?
(Or maybe just "wishful thinking"! [emoji12])

Ha Ha Ha.
Decabbatical! I love it. Whatever we call it @Mark1966 could e-a-s-i-l-y do it with those supplies. My fellow townee could survive the shavapocalypse without batting an eyelid.

Ha Ha Ha.
Decabbatical! I love it. Whatever we call it @Mark1966 could e-a-s-i-l-y do it with those supplies. My fellow townee could survive the shavapocalypse without batting an eyelid.

Isn't that the whole idea?

This is a survivorist forum isn't it?

I've got a duplicate of all this stuff in my shelter ... ;)