2023 Shaving Acquisitions Thread

I’ve had 6 different synthetic brushes with different types of fibres. I’ve sold them all and only kept one for travelling, badger brushes are heaps better than synthetic and I don’t have to spend a lot of money on higher end quality badger brushes.
I was of the same opinion about synthetics. Now I own more synthetics than natural fibres. As @Gargravarr said, they have come a long way recently. Both the Lansky HD and DScosmetic G7 are fantastic knots.

I was of the same opinion about synthetics. Now I own more synthetics than natural fibres. As @Gargravarr said, they have come a long way recently. Both the Lansky HD and DScosmetic G7 are fantastic knots.
Can’t be bloody bothered with G6, G7, G this, and G that, and more bloody G-String brushes in the future.

It’s all
giphy.gif

Bullshit

Can’t be bloody bothered with G6, G7, G this, and G that, and more bloody G-String brushes in the future.

It’s all
giphy.gif

Bullshit
I agree with you there as I feel the same way but synthetics are pretty decent now no matter the marketing crap they come up with.

The box is almost prettier than the razor :D well scored (y)
Agreed, the box also has the burnt etching whereas the brush and razor are just plain etched. It was a ridiculously good price for box and brush as well. The edge needs a bit of TLC and wood could do with some oil but overall a very good score ;) (y)

Haven’t posted in ages as I’ve been slumming it going through my vintage razors and 40 tubs of soap but couldn’t pass this purchase up.

Original stock box of Gillete spoilers. Box originally stocked 40 five blade packs. Still has 34 packs for me. Bargain price of $19.99 Happy days

American or Aussie-made vintage Gillette Stainless?

Oh come on.......I thought I'd done pretty well the last 2 years not buying anything but this has got me drooling. Really keen to hear your thoughts on it. :)
Cheers PB and congratulations on getting back into the house. From what we have seen in the few pics so far the renos are looking schmick (y)

The Mastro Livi Grifetto would be a nice accompaniment for the Lambda Ares ;)
I bought it on reputation and hearsay from other forums and it has exceeded my expectations.
Originally I was not a fan of the one piece handle, rough cut blade and modern fasteners, thinking it looked a bit chunky, but these add to the appeal because it is such a beautiful hand made masterpiece.
The blade is the real beauty though smooth and buttery even with my honing

This video makes me appreciate just how hand made it is.

Cheers PB and congratulations on getting back into the house. From what we have seen in the few pics so far the renos are looking schmick (y)

The Mastro Livi Grifetto would be a nice accompaniment for the Lambda Ares ;)
I bought it on reputation and hearsay from other forums and it has exceeded my expectations.
Originally I was not a fan of the one piece handle, rough cut blade and modern fasteners, thinking it looked a bit chunky, but these add to the appeal because it is such a beautiful hand made masterpiece.
The blade is the real beauty though smooth and buttery even with my honing

This video makes me appreciate just how hand made it is.

Amazing craftsmanship!

Last edited: