Anyone want to try out the R41 Razor?

what vintage are they?

I am assuming they are antique; are they for using or for admiring do you think?

I'd rather not open them to be honest, I've got so many others to use.

what vintage are they?

I am assuming they are antique; are they for using or for admiring do you think?

Don't be daft. They're good blades apparently. Would like to hear your take on them.

ok cool, thanks.

i will of course be using a Muhle blade in the R41 tomorrow morning. review to come.

I'd use the Light Brigades in a Fatboy/Slim ideally. But basically ANYTHING except the R41.

They are very sharp blades. Not something to be playing with in an R41 you haven't seen for 9 months.

I'd use the Light Brigades in a Fatboy/Slim ideally. But basically ANYTHING except the R41.

They are very sharp blades. Not something to be playing with in an R41 you haven't seen for 9 months.
Yeah I was thinking of using one in my Progress.

Oh I'll probably give it a go at some stage. Usually the first stroke you know if it's a bad idea or not with the R41.
Nah she enjoys nothing more than you lull you into a false sense of security and then you really open up to her…often a capillary, even though she's angling for an artery.

I think the general consensus has been that it doesn't matter, it will try to kill you no matter what you use.

Special thanks to @borked for the excellent packaging and care he took returning this to me, and for the pack of Wilkinson Sword BP blister pack blades. Very impressive and what a top bloke you are.
I only did what I'd expect from others and as for the blades, consider them a collective gift from those who participated, even if they have only become aware after you posted about them ;)
As for the razors condition, I aimed for it to be shave ready straight out of the box.
I hope that was achieved.

what vintage are they?
They are $1+ a blade territory and intended for you to try.
Hope you enjoy them.

I only did what I'd expect from others and as for the blades, consider them a collective gift from those who participated, even if they have only become aware after you posted about them ;)
As for the razors condition, I aimed for it to be shave ready straight out of the box.
I hope that was achieved.

They are $1+ a blade territory and intended for you to try.
Hope you enjoy them.
The razor was in brilliant condition. A colleague in my office commented "oh god you bought another bloody razor" when I opened it so it looked new.
Packaging was first grade.
I will try the blades out in my Progress.
Again, thank you.

Packaging was first grade.
Glad you liked it @JugV2 . Was good practice customising the soft foam to fit, as I was cutting my teeth for the bespoke innards of my Pelican hardcase for my cameras.

Thanks again for the trial mate. Monday morning I try my R41 (2013) - yep your fault - with the new Muhle blades. Don't worry I'll have 000 on speed dial.

Yeah, it did arrive to me in good packaging.
My experience enhanced/improved upon it, yet credit is shared in that department at least.

GWS giants ?

Welcome to the club in that case :)
What area ?

Almost ended up growing up in knuckle dragging territory that our mutual friend @gthomas04 claims is civilised these days, yet ended up in the South West immersed within the thugs life.