April 2017 Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You and others do go on about Eufos. I suppose I should try some! Shame there is none in the travelling box - a sign no one is willing to PIF even a sample size I presume!

Or more likely that I've not purchased any in the last couple of years!

Happy to take offers for the next box :)

You and others do go on about Eufos. I suppose I should try some! Shame there is none in the travelling box - a sign no one is willing to PIF even a sample size I presume!

That soap I posted wasn't Eufros, that was Soap by Luna - another Spanish artisan btw.

Eufros/Jabonman is around $35 a tub for 125 grams (Rosa Bourbon is $50 a tub) depending on the euro exchange rate, it regularly goes out of stock, is by email list only and requires waiting for it to be sent from Spain....not the kind of soap people are likely to give away for free especially as it is that good.

I have a sample at home I will send to you when I send the EDP's.

Last edited:
Acquired over the last 8 months - my Vintage Blade Stash.
I set myself the goal of acquiring 2,000 quality vintage blades - seem to have got there ;).
Many thanks for your guidance in this crusade to @Monsta_AU , @Mark1966 , @Nightguard , @eggbert , @filobiblic , @borked , @Maxime D. and other members who may have helped me along the way. Here are the pics:

The Stash

Photo%2012-4-17%2020%2046%2032%201_zps8sajvd8s.jpg

The individual Variants

Photo%2012-4-17%2021%2011%2034_zpse2fsm12x.jpg

Acquired over the last 8 months - my Vintage Blade Stash.
I set myself the goal of acquiring 2,000 quality vintage blades - seem to have got there ;).
Many thanks for your guidance in this crusade to @Monsta_AU , @Mark1966 , @Nightguard , @eggbert , @filobiblic , @borked , @Maxime D. and other members who may have helped me along the way. Here are the pics:

The Stash

Photo%2012-4-17%2020%2046%2032%201_zps8sajvd8s.jpg

The individual Variants

Photo%2012-4-17%2021%2011%2034_zpse2fsm12x.jpg

7YXdamp.gif

It's not bloody fair :(:arghh: what about meeeeeeeeee :oops::shy::grumpy:

Last edited:
@Tom do you dare to calculate the average blade price delivered?
Hi Eggs.
I tried to work on a 50c/blade guideline, and achieved pretty close to this for most deals. I also aimed for lots of >100 blades. Got the occasional bargain which brought down the average.
Of course, there were also occasions where I paid a bit more for hard to find blades, and in lesser quantities.

A decent haul today! First I've seen of this new shave cream by proraso. Had to get it from the Netherlands. Excited to give it a go. Anyone got opinions on Wickham super smooth formula? I'm excited for these [emoji57] thank you for the products P&C!
b38f2eee79cf1296c8c7ab4991454f5f.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@TomG remind me not to trade with you. That's some mighty bargaining to get good vintage blades delivered at that price in the current market.

@TomG remind me not to trade with you. That's some mighty bargaining to get good vintage blades delivered at that price in the current market.

I think we need to trade WITH @TomG if he is finding them at this price - he can be our go to supplier!

I think we need to trade WITH @TomG if he is finding them at this price - he can be our go to supplier!

I should point out that I was aided by some bulk purchases at good prices - e.g. Wilkie Super Swords, Schick Platinum Plus, Spoilers and Aussie Spoilers, Super Silvers.
A couple of members were very generous in cluing me up (and cutting me in) on the Wilkies - you know who you are!! [emoji6]

A decent haul today! First I've seen of this new shave cream by proraso. Had to get it from the Netherlands. Excited to give it a go. Anyone got opinions on Wickham super smooth formula? I'm excited for these [emoji57] thank you for the products P&C!
b38f2eee79cf1296c8c7ab4991454f5f.jpg
@Spencer Frankel - I think you are going to love Imperial Tonic. One of my favourites.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up these 2 beauties today... will be featuring in my SOTD over the next few days. I have already had a face lather with the synth just to get the feel of it, but will reserve comments for a proper review after I fully feel it out (great start though).

MUm9ho8.jpg

Picked up these 2 beauties today... will be featuring in my SOTD over the next few days. I have already had a face lather with the synth just to get the feel of it, but will reserve comments for a proper review after I fully feel it out (great start though).

From the watermark, I'm guessing Tony Forsyth handles? He does some gorgeous work and these are no exception!

I recently acquired a tuxedo knot and am loving it. Good backbone and soft as silk. Looking forward to hearing your review!

Status
Not open for further replies.