April 2018 Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is nothing to nail, it's fragrance oil.
Agreed. But in this case the question was merely "does it smell like Hubba Bubba"; or words to that effect.

It obviously wasn't a big ask given the fragrance oil does all the work. But, it at least delivers what is on the tin.

Out of curiosity: Given how artificial the classic Hubba Bubba scent was, would it be possible/practical to recreate it with essential oils?

Out of curiosity: Given how artificial the classic Hubba Bubba scent was, would it be possible/practical to recreate it with essential oils?

Impossible, if I wanted to recreate it (without using shake and pour fragrance oils) I would use AC's and build the fragrance, bubblegum is not a particularly complex fragrance so it may only take 15-20 compounds to recreate the scent.

This arrived over the weekend.
jKpb33Ql.jpg

what sort of shooting do you do @TomG ?i use hoppes for cleaning along with sweets when necessary. if i need a hard clean then its straight to the straight shootr wipe out cleaner, it gets stuff the other two don't even get close to. the only protectant i use is lanox. i've tried nearly every firearm oil possible and lanox is the only one that completely stops rust forming for me.the paa no9 is nothing like hoppes but is more like a black powder scent along with other dirty manly smells.
I fear I'm hijacking the acquisition thread with the lube topic, so I'll PM you directly.

Out of interest, when did you place your order with Maggards? How many days did it take to arrive? I’m still waiting on mine...

I think it was a month... can't find the order email.

By the way, after a biiig month I am officially on a 1 month sabatical. Bahaha.

Ordered 10:18 PM Tuesday evening, delivered (Fastway of all people!) at 5pm this afternoon, well done Nick's! I couldn't resist these specials -

I also got some returned mail this morning, so not really an 'acquisition' but I couldn't think of where else to post.

Sorry @Ferret619 but it seems that the Toggle was not to be. Those subsequent *hurtful* comments mean that the moment has gone, and is unlikely to return.

Ordered 10:18 PM Tuesday evening, delivered (Fastway of all people!) at 5pm this afternoon, well done Nick's! I couldn't resist these specials -

I also got some returned mail this morning, so not really an 'acquisition' but I couldn't think of where else to post.

Sorry @Ferret619 but it seems that the Toggle was not to be. Those subsequent *hurtful* comments mean that the moment has gone, and is unlikely to return.
I know we are joking.. but oh boy does it hurt!

Status
Not open for further replies.