August 2021 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Postie dropped this little piece of gold off to me today

Just in time for xmas 1959, Gold E4 Executive Adjustable. ($5 new back in the day?)
Just like a nickel 195 Adjustable (Fatboy) but this gold one has square pattern knurling on the handle & TTO knob. The nickel Fatboy has diamond pattern knurling.
Seller clearly had no idea what he had. Was advertised as a 1960's Aristocrat with a piece missing off bottom of handle, which there wasn't, it's just the visible service cap.
Wasn't worth educating for the sake of it, Buy it now, $70, and it's mine.
Just a little plate loss on the bar and doors commensurate with normal usage, but otherwise, a really nice old razor. No case though.
Cleaned it, used it. Nice.

x8KPCGO.jpg

rWxAgC0.jpg

6uXHTSw.jpg

ungx8ot.jpg

RnVsiA6.jpg

Top of the Chain mail call! Shipped 29 June 2021. Arrived 5 August 2021 - at night! Like whoever the local courier is for Asendia, basically left it on my front door at sometime after 6pm without knocking and had I not gone out to take the rubbish out, may have left it outside all night. So, I guess I got lucky (though, I already had my shave today).

Anyway, an eclectic mix of soaps (but pretty much just grabbed randoms), because all I really wanted was the SW Fougere Nemata. Tbh, I don't get any of the strawberry or cinnamon off the puck. Just a light fougere scent. May come out once I lather. DG Persephone was one I wanted ever since it was LE off the DG site only (lucky TOTC had them in stock). PAA Al Fin for the artwork and NO Lonestar because everyone said it's good, so why not?

1948 Rhodium Aristocrat arrived today (the target), along with an extra razor in the same sale, probably a 1948 Tech #77 Australian set.
Both razors very clean without the need for a scrub bath. Straight to the sterilize bath and then a shave for the Aristocrat (SOTD post)
No cases with either razor, but for the ebay price of $53 for both, I'm happy.
Plating loss on part of the Tech handle, but still solid and clean.
Aristocrat is really nice, some slight scratches on the doors, but no plate loss at all, so very nice.
KN2zzl6.jpg

FlwDpz0.jpg

pRFDUEk.jpg

jAnrpGI.jpg
Great score!

Postie dropped this little piece of gold off to me today

Just in time for xmas 1959, Gold E4 Executive Adjustable. ($5 new back in the day?)
Just like a nickel 195 Adjustable (Fatboy) but this gold one has square pattern knurling on the handle & TTO knob. The nickel Fatboy has diamond pattern knurling.
Seller clearly had no idea what he had. Was advertised as a 1960's Aristocrat with a piece missing off bottom of handle, which there wasn't, it's just the visible service cap.
Wasn't worth educating for the sake of it, Buy it now, $70, and it's mine.
Just a little plate loss on the bar and doors commensurate with normal usage, but otherwise, a really nice old razor. No case though.
Cleaned it, used it. Nice.

x8KPCGO.jpg

rWxAgC0.jpg

6uXHTSw.jpg

ungx8ot.jpg
You should provide a buying service with great finds you’ve been getting lol.

Mail called today!! FANTASTIC TALLOW of Tabac as you’ll all know the tallow version will be gone forever, because, Tabac will be releasing a non-tallow version for good.

2 travel sticks
6 refill sticks
6 refill pucks

Now I can stop worrying about missing out the tallow version and I can fully relax stress free enjoying Tabac for a very very long time.

37938-B68-FA47-4467-80-C7-B9261-E3-F296-B.jpg

PS. I’ve received an email from my brother today who also loves Tabac and he already stocked up today, I’m totally shocked that my brother has ordered me another 6 more refill pucks coming soon in the mail, because he doesn’t know that I’m already stocked up.

I’m very please to have a total of 12 refill pucks of tallow Tabac stored into my military secure footlocker for safe keeping :happy::cigar:

Mail called today!! FANTASTIC TALLOW of Tabac as you’ll all know the tallow version will be gone forever, because, Tabac will be releasing a non-tallow version for good.

2 travel sticks
6 refill sticks
6 refill pucks

Now I can stop worrying about missing out the tallow version and I can fully relax stress free enjoying Tabac for a very very long time.

PS. I’ve received an email from my brother today who also loves Tabac and he already stocked up today, I’m totally shocked that my brother has ordered me another 6 more refill pucks coming soon in the mail, because he doesn’t know that I’m already stocked up.

I’m very please to have a total of 12 refill pucks of tallow Tabac stored into my military secure footlocker for safe keeping :happy::cigar:

They don't call you the Dark Lord of the soaps for no reason.:D

At least it's not Arko.(y)

Also noted B&B price on Tabac has been rising these last few days.

2 travel sticks
6 refill sticks
6 refill pucks

I'm In

This is going to turn into a complete disaster for Mäurer & Wirtz. I have been reading a few of the shaving forums from around the world and general consensus is the new formula has been given the middle finger salute.

If your going to reformulate at least make the new product as good as the old or improve upon it. If the little guys can get vegan formulas right with limited resources, why can't M&W?

Status
Not open for further replies.