AusFarce or AusFantastic?

Hah so get this, in another wonderful decision by AusFarce, they’ve decided to end regional mail processing in SA.

I was talking to my parents who live semi rural (3hrs north-east of Adelaide) and they were saying that now even intra-town mail has to come to Adelaide to be sorted then returned, meaning that a local letter takes approx 6 days to get to its recipient. This has resulted in a lot of businesses hand delivering accounts and important papers adding to their workload.

Nice one Mr Canberra Suit, guess the cost for those Cartier watches came at the cost of regional jobs.

Nice one Mr Canberra Suit, guess the cost for those Cartier watches came at the cost of regional jobs.
From what I heard, Ms Holgate kept regional processing working pretty well (even at the cost of a few Cartier watches), and most people were pretty happy with her. The worst of what we've seen has been since she was so spectacularly given the boot. I guess the guys in town were upset that the perks weren't going into their own pockets.

Agreed, @Gargravarr. It just shits me that there is such a lack of common sense within government and the upper echelons of places like AusPost that make these decisions with what seems like little to no on-the-ground consultation.

ixIRLXil.jpg

I bought a razor on ebay and the seller was 10 minutes down the road from me. Because of my work hours, it's easier to get it posted. So from the sellers local post office, it went to Auspost's sorting facility at Warabrook which is 30 minutes down the road. Then it's been sent to Sydney which is 90 minutes down the road, So now I'm patiently waiting for it to be sent 90 minutes up the road to Warabrook to be processed and sent another 30 minutes up the road to be delivered.

Even I didn't think Austpost could get any more inefficient :rolleyes:

What? They sent it back to the US? :banghead:

I don't know but that's what it looks like. I've send the courier company an email this morning to try and confirm where it is.

I bought a completely refurbished 1958 Fat Boy off Etsy back on 21st April so I'm really hanging out for it.

Apparently both sellers and buyers are having issues with the Global Postage Service that Esty now uses. It's a pain but it's not really a problem. If it's not resent, I'll just get my money back and buy another.

Apparently both sellers and buyers are having issues with the Global Postage Service that Esty now uses. It's a pain but it's not really a problem. If it's not resent, I'll just get my money back and buy another.
If you’re seller from US, just used the normal USPS when buying from Esty, always discuss with your seller first about there shipping services, before, shipping before you buy anything, it’s just common sense.

If you’re seller from US, just used the normal USPS when buying from Esty, always discuss with your seller first about there shipping services, before, shipping before you buy anything, it’s just common sense.

Most of the sellers on there are reverting back to USPS. The trouble is, they are more expensive than using Global Shipping.

Anyway, the seller has been fantastic, he is ex military like me so I have no doubts it will work out.

Most of the sellers on there are reverting back to USPS. The trouble is, they are more expensive than using Global Shipping.

Anyway, the seller has been fantastic, he is ex military like me so I have no doubts it will work out.
USPS is much safer and they always work together with the Australian Postal system, Global Shipping can be a real pain ass, IF they don't comply with our Australian Postal address system.

Trouble is 5 out of 10 that any Global Shipping forward postal companies don't fully understand our Australian Parcel Collected and Parcel Locker system address when most people filled out their Postal registration number.

That's why USPS is fully aware of our Australian postal system, my brother works for the Australian post and he said to be VERY CAREFUL when using any Global Shipping parcel forwarding company anywhere around the world.

Just used the normal everyday cheap cost USPS, I don't care, if, it's going to take 20 days or more to have my package arrive as long as they fully understand our our Australian postal system when using a Parcel Collect or Parcel Locker registration number.

Last edited:
USPS is much safer and they always work together with the Australian Postal system, Global Shipping can be a real pain ass, IF they don't comply with our Australian Postal address system.

Trouble is 5 out of 10 that any Global Shipping forward postal companies don't fully understand our Australian Parcel Collected and Parcel Locker system address when most people filled out their Postal registration number.

That's why USPS is fully aware of our Australian postal system, my brother works for the Australian post and he said to be VERY CAREFUL when using any Global Shipping parcel forwarding company anywhere around the world.

Just used the normal everyday cheap cost USPS, I don't care, if, it's going to take 20 days or more to have my package arrive as long as they fully understand our our Australian postal system when using a Parcel Collect or Parcel Locker registration number.

It's funny you say that because it was parcels to Australia that's been giving Etsy sellers grief.

It's funny you say that because it was parcels to Australia that's been giving Etsy sellers grief.
No matter how many times, I have to remind the seller to include a Parcel Locker or Parcel Collect registration number with an address, otherwise, the parcel will never get delivered to the owner when isn't collected, and the parcel will get returned back to the seller. You'll have the same bloody issue with any Global Forward Shipping company anywhere, IF, they don't comply with our Australian postal address system.

Well, IBF! My 1/48 scale Hawker Hunter should be delivered today ( THREE DAYS )
Tracking history
Details Date & time
Onboard for delivery BIBRA LAKE WA Wed 18 May, 7.50am
In transit to next facility in BIBRA LAKE Mon 16 May, 8.16pm
Item processed at facility MELBOURNE AIRPORT VIC Mon 16 May, 7.43pm
In transit OAKLEIGH SOUTH VIC Mon 16 May, 6.21pm
Picked up from Sender OAKLEIGH SOUTH Mon 16 May, 6.10pm
Shipping information approved by Australia Post Mon 16 May, 3.59pm
Shipping information received by Australia Post Mon 16 May, 3.29pm

Ordered brake carrier bolts for my Skoda, express. 5-week delay due to being imported from the Czech Republic, "Attemped delivery" when I am stuck at home with COVID and taken to the post office where I can't collect them to work on my car while I have time off. There was no way this was attempted delivery this morning as I saw it was coming today and was waiting for it..

AP.png

I don't think I can get away with blaming AusPost for this one...

Mrs Gargravarr and I left home for a sojourn on the East Coast on Friday morning, early enough to miss the mail-lady. A neighbour let me know that she had dropped off something in our mailbox that lunchtime, and that there was a "white parcel" also waiting in the mailbox. It turns out that shortly after, we had one of those extreme whirlwind gales that the Liffey Valley notoriously gets blasted with from time to time, this one lasting over 17 hours and gusting off the scale at 250km/h. We're pretty used to the elements randomly Marie-Kondoing our lives by now, but this one was a doozy.

Whatever was in my mailbox I'll never know, because it's simply gone, including its contents. The four 10mm bolts that secured it to its steel and concrete pipe mounting have snapped.

We got off lightly though, a lot of trees uprooted and tossed around, a couple of panels missing from the greenhouse and a 70lb Canadian canoe translocated 500m down the hill, but undamaged. One neighbour has had their home totally obliterated, and there are scattered remains of lots of roofs and sheds lying around everywhere.

Actually, maybe I should blame AusPost for my missing mail. Random freaky storms make a lot more sense than some of their operations... :rolleyes: