AusFarce or AusFantastic?

P.S.to make a perfect ending,both of us have Covid,we will miss miss 6 becoming miss 7 this weekend and the kid next door is learning the DRUMS.
Double sigh..
The best remedy for such intrusive musical prodigies is to take up the saxophone. Most people cover their ears and run away. :p

Hope the lurgy lets up on you soon... 🤞

Aust Post strikes again.

Yesterday I was waiting on a tub of Phoenix Cold Spice, no one was home so I had to drive to the Post Office. As per the card, I arrived at 4:30pm only to be told that the parcel wasn't back yet, the postie was running late and they didn't know when he'd be back.

Back to the car and drove home.

5:06pm, I get a message from Auspost, my parcel was ready for pick up. Strange thinks I, they shut at 5pm. Had a look at the time of the message being sent, 4:36!

I wouldn't have even made it back to the car to drive home at that time!

MOST assuredly Ausfarce! This is a further example of my experience. It indicates delivery from Melbourne to Perth could now take 3 weeks. In the recent past, I have received items from the U.K. in less than two weeks.

Tracking history
Details Date & time
Transferred SUNSHINE WEST VIC
Fri 18 Mar, 12.47pm

In transit to next facility in PERTH WA
Fri 18 Mar, 12.00am

Item processed at facility BAYSWATER VIC
Thu 17 Mar, 11.49pm

Received and ready for processing
Thu 17 Mar, 7.54pm

Shipping information approved by Australia Post
Thu 17 Mar, 4.48pm

Shipping information received by Australia Post
Thu 17 Mar, 4.18pm

Your item
Sent by ..........
Delivery was expected
Thu 24 – Tue 29 Mar
DELAYED
Looks like this delivery is taking longer than we expected.
If it hasn't arrived by Wednesday 6 April, please contact us so we can investigate.

This advice from AusFarce begs the questions"Where has it been delayed for delivery? If Melbourne, surely the notification should read "Delayed in transit." If Perth, why does tracking not show "Received Perth for delivery."
perhaps I expect too much accuracy.

Delayed – waiting to be processed for delivery
Wed 30 Mar, 12.00pm

I'm getting a bit tired of AusPost's claim that these delays are COVID-related. Wearing that excuse so thin simply exposes its transparency. I got it when everything was thrown into disarray two years ago, and everyone had to improvise to make things work. But mail delivery is now way slower than it was when everybody was totally locked down.

I'm getting a bit tired of AusPost's claim that these delays are COVID-related. Wearing that excuse so thin simply exposes its transparency. I got it when everything was thrown into disarray two years ago, and everyone had to improvise to make things work. But mail delivery is now way slower than it was when everybody was totally locked down.

Unfortunately, they're not the only company still using it as an excuse. Yes, we have more cases now than when we were locked down but most companies are coping.

Unfortunately, they're not the only company still using it as an excuse. Yes, we have more cases now than when we were locked down but most companies are coping.
I don't think it's so much the reduction of staff to deliver, I think the issue is the massive increase in online shopping since the pandemic and the increased use of parcel post for things that would normally be hand-delivered between friends & family. It's still shit, because surely they should have adapted to it by now and increased their capacity

My package has been at Sunshine West, Victoria since 18 March awaiting onforwarding to WA for delivery. In future when purchasing on-line, I will ask vendor to ship via courier - NOT AusFarce. I will gladly pay any additional cost to receive my purchases in a timely manner. Lesson learned!

My package has been at Sunshine West, Victoria since 18 March awaiting onforwarding to WA for delivery. In future when purchasing on-line, I will ask vendor to ship via courier - NOT AusFarce. I will gladly pay any additional cost to receive my purchases in a timely manner. Lesson learned!

That is appalling. Express Post does seem better - and a non delivery query can often get things moving.

Extract from my entry #663 above:
Your item
Sent by ..........
Delivery was expected
Thu 24 – Tue 29 Mar
DELAYED
Looks like this delivery is taking longer than we expected.
If it hasn't arrived by Wednesday 6 April, please contact us so we can investigate.
END QUOTE

Okay, it's now 6th Apr and I contacted AusFarce and lodged a Customer Enquiry. Here is their automated reply accompanied with my comments in italics:
Thanks for your enquiry.
We've sent you a confirmation email with the details, including your reference number: ............
Your delivery was expected on Thu 24 - Tue 29 Mar*
[ I was aware of that ]
What happens next: Most late items arrive within 5 business days of the expected date.
[ My expected date was Thu 24 - Tue 29 Mar, then extended by 6 days, so nothing new there ]
If your parcel is delivered, we’ll let you know and close your enquiry.
[ No need to let me know. I'll have been waiting 3 weeks since it was processed at Bayswater, VIC on 17 Mar. ]
We’ll monitor this delivery until Tue 19 Apr.
[ Potentially a further 2 week delay, surely not ? ]
If it doesn’t arrive by then, we’ll begin investigating. No need to submit another enquiry.
[ NO INVESTIGATION until 19 Apr - > 4 weeks after receipt by AusFarce - remember Bayswater, VIC on 17 Mar. ]
We’ll contact you with the outcome.
You'll hear back from us when we review your enquiry or if your item arrives.
[ I have no wish to hear further from AusPost. I simply wish a decent customer service experience ]
To allow for delayed delivery caused by COVID-19 disruptions, we'll start our late item investigation 15 business days after the estimated delivery date.
[ "Oh that damned COVID-19 is ruining our business." FIFTEEN BUSINESS DAYS after estimated delivery date? ]
We're currently experiencing high volumes of enquiries and will be in touch as soon as we can.
[ Experiencing high volumes of enquiries? I'll bet you are! ]
END QUOTE

AusFarce "Customer Service" = Bovine Excrement!

Apologies guys, rant over, normal service will be resumed following a strong black coffee reinforced with a measure of Napoleon brandy!

Last edited:
Don't even start me on this.... I won't post my main frustration here but I will share this.

1649200712374.png

The inefficiency is astounding. No wonder we need extra days for delivery while items bungee all over the place.

Don't even start me on this.... I won't post my main frustration here but I will share this.

View attachment 1954

The inefficiency is astounding. No wonder we need extra days for delivery while items bungee all over the place.

I see this all the time getting parcels to Newcastle through Sydney. I don't think it's going from Sydney to Horsley Park, back to Chullora then back to Horsley Park. It leaves the Sydney facility for Horsley Park, via their sorting office at Chullora.

The reason I think this is because I see Sydney, in transit to Newcastle, transferred to Chullora, onboard for delivery Newcastle. There is no way it;'s leaving Sydney going to Newcastle then back to Chullora.

I see this all the time getting parcels to Newcastle through Sydney. I don't think it's going from Sydney to Horsley Park, back to Chullora then back to Horsley Park. It leaves the Sydney facility for Horsley Park, via their sorting office at Chullora.

The reason I think this is because I see Sydney, in transit to Newcastle, transferred to Chullora, onboard for delivery Newcastle. There is no way it;'s leaving Sydney going to Newcastle then back to Chullora.
This ^

Update: My package was received by AusFarce Bayswater, VIC on 17 March at 7:54PM. TWENTY-SIX days later and it has travelled only as far as Sunshine West,VIC. During this time, I've had a parcel delivered from Israel, yet AusFarce are incapable of delivery within a perfectly reasonable timeframe!

Don't get me started on their "Submit an Enquiry" - a complete and utter waste of time, not worth the effort required to input!

Last edited by a moderator:
Updated update:

Following received, in part, following my rant above:
It may take longer than usual to deliver your item and we apologise for any delays experienced. If the item is still not received after a further 10 business days (29.04.2022) please let us know by replying to this email. We know this is a long time to wait and are confident the article will be delivered before this time. We appreciate your patience in allowing this time to pass before contacting us again.

END QUOTE

Remember, delivery was expected on Thu 24 - Tue 29 Mar. Appears it may blow out to 29th April 2022 ??? Patience be *"!¥Id ! AusFarce Bayswater received my package on 17 March 2022. It was then transferred to Sunshine West the following day, 18 March 2022, an distance of approximately 46.8Kms (55 mins) via M3. How can ANY organisation consider a potential delay of FORTY THREE DAYS as satisfactory customer service?

The package was a scale model of a 1/48 Scale Horten HO229 "Flying Wing" which I intended to build, paint and weather as a present for my youngest grandson.
Fu#€ing furious!!! Useless bunch of ... you know the rest!

Last edited by a moderator:
Updated update:

Following received, in part, following my rant above:
It may take longer than usual to deliver your item and we apologise for any delays experienced. If the item is still not received after a further 10 business days (29.04.2022) please let us know by replying to this email. We know this is a long time to wait and are confident the article will be delivered before this time. We appreciate your patience in allowing this time to pass before contacting us again.

END QUOTE

Remember, delivery was expected on Thu 24 - Tue 29 Mar. Appears it may blow out to 29th April 2022 ??? Patience be *"!¥Id ! AusFarce Bayswater received my package on 17 March 2022. It was then transferred to Sunshine West the following day, 18 March 2022, an distance of approximately 46.8Kms (55 mins) via M3. How can ANY organisation consider a potential delay of FORTY THREE DAYS as satisfactory customer service?

The package was a scale model of a 1/48 Scale Horten HO229 "Flying Wing" which I intended to build, paint and weather as a present for my youngest grandson.
Fu#€ing furious!!! Useless bunch of ... you know the rest!

We it is stuff we are waiting on it is inconvenient, when it is stuff like this I can really understand your frustration :(

We'll, I'll be ....ed! VERY latest tracking -

33B69359183201000930304
It's coming today
Most recent update
Onboard for delivery
BIBRA LAKE WA
Date & timeTue 12 Apr, 10.39am

NO TRACKING ex Sunshine West to WA! It's taken only 26 days to be delivered - WAIT, it hasn't been delivered yet!

We'll, I'll be ....ed! VERY latest tracking -

33B69359183201000930304
It's coming today
Most recent update
Onboard for delivery
BIBRA LAKE WA
Date & timeTue 12 Apr, 10.39am

NO TRACKING ex Sunshine West to WA! It's taken only 26 days to be delivered - WAIT, it hasn't been delivered yet!

Is it there yet?

Is it there yet?