AusFarce or AusFantastic?

They are a bit of a joke at the moment for me.

I've bought items from a store in Sydney which only had to travel 160kms up the M1 to me in Newcastle. One package went via Wollongong and last week another went via Brisbane, before going back to Sydney then finally to Newcastle.

Mind you, I also bought an item in Newcastle which took a week to arrive via a courier. It only had to go 25kms. No wonder it was free shipping.

Yeah it’s stupid how it gets processed.
I got talking to the woman that’s running the Hobart post centre where everything is sorted.
Apparently everything in tassie that gets posted gets sent to them then sent out even if it sent to the next suburb over in Devonport or Launceston they truck it all the way to Hobart first.
Even when it comes to tassie from mainland (docking and offloaded in Devonport) it’s all sent hours away to Hobart then sent out from there for final delivery purely because that’s where the sorting machine is located when they built it originally
Years ago I lived in country SA and posted a letter to someone who lived 40 km down the road from me towards Adelaide. I rang them a couple of days later and asked them if they'd received it yet. They told me that in this situation it took 4 days to get letters as they went to Adelaide to be sorted, then got sent back to them...

Years ago I lived in country SA and posted a letter to someone who lived 40 km down the road from me towards Adelaide. I rang them a couple of days later and asked them if they'd received it yet. They told me that in this situation it took 4 days to get letters as they went to Adelaide to be sorted, then got sent back to them...
When did I last write a letter? Hmmm, last May (to my Dad for his birthday - he's in his 80s and appreciates these things). Otherwise, maybe a handful of times in the last 20 years... :rolleyes: Strange to realise that, given I grew up in a time when that was how everybody communicated.

I've only had good experiences with AusPost recently, even during lockdown. Parcels taking 2-3 days to cross Sydney, or 4-5 days from another city. It seems to be a bit hit and miss for some people.

My worst experience was an actual courier service, it took 40 calendar days to travel 16km (as the crow flies). It sat in their sorting facility for about 38 of those days.

OK, so I know that international flights are limited but ...

U145LIrl.png

These parcels need to get better about hopping on the planes before they depart!

I posted a parcel in August to a mate 10 suburbs over in Melbourne, to a parcel locker. Made it to the suburb but never got delivered. Arrived back at my place yesterday with an uncollected at Parcel Locker sticker on it despite never being delivered

I got home from work the other day and there was an Aust Post card in the letterbox. So back in the work truck again, and up to the post office to pick up my parcel. No matter how hard she looked, the lady at the post office couldn't find my parcel.

It was then we realised that it was actually dated to be delivered the next day.

So I asked "Why would the postie do that?"

She replied "To save you time"

Not disguising how pissed off I was, I replied "Well, that worked well for me didn't it?"

I got home from work the other day and there was an Aust Post card in the letterbox. So back in the work truck again, and up to the post office to pick up my parcel. No matter how hard she looked, the lady at the post office couldn't find my parcel.

It was then we realised that it was actually dated to be delivered the next day.

So I asked "Why would the postie do that?"

She replied "To save you time"

Not disguising how pissed off I was, I replied "Well, that worked well for me didn't it?"
Bunch of idiots, lets be honest

Maybe this is an option to pursue for some here -

Australia Post ordered to pay Melbourne couple after not delivering parcels to their door

https://www.9news.com.au/national/a...eir-door/d2dd6707-db66-46b9-9cc2-52c5789b7fe1

A Melbourne couple has taken Australia Post to court after delivery workers repeatedly failed to deliver parcels to their home, instead leaving the items at the local post office, and won.

The postal service company has been ordered to pay Wade Short and Veronica Libson $3318.20 in compensation and court costs.

The Eltham couple took Australia Post to the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) in December seeking compensation after they became increasingly frustrated by the delivery service they received.

Mr Short told VCAT delivery issues began in 2019, with delivery workers not ringing their doorbell and instead leaving cards instructing the family go to the post office to pick up their parcels.

He claimed parcels were also thrown up their external stairs to their front door.

Mr Short said he made complaints to Australia Post, the local post office and a delivery worker but parcels had not returned to being delivered to their front door.

Member Neill Campbell found that "the delivery of parcels was not undertaken with due care and skill, as the parcels were not delivered to the residential address where they were addressed and there was no basis under the Terms and Conditions for the parcels not to be delivered to the delivery address".

VCAT calculated the compensation fee by taking into account that it would take Ms Libson 30 minutes a week to collect parcels from the post office that were not delivered to their home.

That time was then multiplied by the 78 weeks of issues the couple experienced with parcel deliveries, and Ms Libson's hourly pay rate of $79.50.

Gerard Brody from the Consumer Action Law Centre said the dispute between Australia Post and the couple should have been resolved much earlier than at court.
"This case has sent a good message to the community about their consumer rights," he said.

"Australia Post should respond to those complaints effectively and not fob people off such that they have to take action at a civil tribunal."
Mr Brody said Australia Post had to ensure its services were provided appropriately and that customers' needs were met.

And just to balance the ledger:
An eBay item ordered on 1/2/2022 arrived yesterday, 9/3/2022.
It travelled from Unanderra (a Southern Wollongong suburb) to Otford (a Northern Wollongong suburb).
Five weeks to cross town; I could have walked down and picked it up!
@rbscebu

But I presume it went -
  1. Unanderra
  2. Wollongong regional sorting centre
  3. Chulllora
  4. Wollongong regional sorting centre
  5. Otford

at least?

They cannot deliver or track so I'm SURE that there will be no mistakes with this -

Australia Post is committed to improving processes for our customers, that's why we're using new scanning technology at our processing facilities to scan and sort your parcels more efficiently.

On 31 March 2022 we will automate the process to assess and check the postage paid on parcels through MyPost Business. We'll notify you of any discrepancy that results in your items being sent with underpaid postage.

How does it work?

As a parcel travels through our network, it's checked by scanners that form part of our automated sortation process. This allows us to measure and record the parcel's packaging type, dimensions and weight. The parcel details detected are then compared to what was declared when the label was purchased through MyPost Business. If there's a discrepancy in the postage amount, you'll receive an automated email providing you with the details of the discrepancy in your MyPost Business account.

Tips to accurately calculate your postage

• When sending with Australia Post flat rate packaging, ensure you select the correct packaging size when purchasing your postage in MyPost Business, and check the item is 5kg or less to be eligible for the flat rate postage.
  • It's important to remember that postage for items sent with Australia Post is calculated by the physical, or cubic volume – whichever is greater. This is to account for the amount of space your item takes up in our vehicles. Our machines detect the outer most measurements, so we recommend using a ruler and scales to find the correct dimensions.
  • As we measure at the largest point, any part protruding will be measured. To avoid this occurring ensure you tape and secure loose ends, ribbons, and flaps to avoid our machines detecting a larger size.

(Note quite sure how this is improving processes for our customers!)

Ordered a product online from Melbourne,via Express Post.
Product ready for pickup at Glen Waverley last Friday,still waiting for pickup at retailers.
Neither retailer not A.P. seen to know what Express Post means.
After a " frank and open" discussion with retailer regarding him give A.P. a giddyup,now advised parcel will be delivered between next Wed to Fri.
Sigh.

P.S.to make a perfect ending,both of us have Covid,we will miss miss 6 becoming miss 7 this weekend and the kid next door is learning the DRUMS.
Double sigh..

Oh dear @tullfan

Sounds pretty ordinary …

P.S.to make a perfect ending,both of us have Covid,we will miss miss 6 becoming miss 7 this weekend and the kid next door is learning the DRUMS.
Double sigh..
Dan Murphys probably deliver to your door daily :p