AusFarce or AusFantastic?

They do sometimes, it reached the local Mail centre this morning & is on board for delivery today.

It's express post! You pay a premium for the over night part & they just don't seem to care. They'll get it to you when they feel like it!

@vanNek I get this a lot no wonder they drive me bloody nuts :mad::cautious:

They do sometimes, it reached the local Mail centre this morning & is on board for delivery today.

It's express post! You pay a premium for the over night part & they just don't seem to care. They'll get it to you when they feel like it!
I had this happen to me too. It wasn't updated and it arrived the following day. Technically, their website states that you can get a refund. But the sender, in my case, couldn't be bothered chasing them to get the refund.
But the bottom line is that their Express Post "Next Day Delivery" is bunk'um. It is no longer reliable.

@vanNek I get this a lot no wonder they drive me bloody nuts :mad::cautious:

Yeah at work we couriers please fast ways where ever possible.

I had this happen to me too. It wasn't updated and it arrived the following day. Technically, their website states that you can get a refund. But the sender, in my case, couldn't be bothered chasing them to get the refund.
But the bottom line is that their Express Post "Next Day Delivery" is bunk'um. It is no longer reliable.

Yeah Probably not worth the effort! (Plus the postage was partially covered by shaver hut) However if we all started doing it maybe they'd get their sh!t together!

Well they sent me a feed back request form. Normally I don't does those sorts of things. But this time I did. Plain & simply had enough of their rubbish.

"No half measures......"

StarTrack also - ordered a couple of new pcs for work on 18th April, and they still haven't arrived.
Apparently 3 of 4 boxes arrived at the Darwin depot over a week ago, but Dell won't let them release the first 3 until all have arrived.
Only problem is StarTrack seem to have lost the 4th.

StarTrack also - ordered a couple of new pcs for work on 18th April, and they still haven't arrived.
Apparently 3 of 4 boxes arrived at the Darwin depot over a week ago, but Dell won't let them release the first 3 until all have arrived.
Only problem is StarTrack seem to have lost the 4th.

Sadly the same useless company.

Star track weren't that bad.... Then Auspost bought them....

Australia Post are now the default carrier for Amazon and an option when using Shipito. I've just used both. Ironically they are faster and more efficient when the origin of shipping is from overseas. I know they outsource the overseas leg but the domestic leg moves faster. For example - the parcel sat in Chullora for just 1 day and Sunshine for just 1 day. With domestic parcels they can sit in those delivery centres for up to 3 days before moving on.

Australia Post are now the default carrier for Amazon and an option when using Shipito. I've just used both. Ironically they are faster and more efficient when the origin of shipping is from overseas. I know they outsource the overseas leg but the domestic leg moves faster. For example - the parcel sat in Chullora for just 1 day and Sunshine for just 1 day. With domestic parcels they can sit in those delivery centres for up to 3 days before moving on.

I have found this to be the case for many years.

OK, so let's compare.

Ordered from B&H Photography NYC at 4:18pm Sunday (AEST) which is earlier there, 2:18pm Saturday.

DHL don't pickup until Monday - 11:00pm Monday (AEST)
DHL delivered parcel to me at 1:52pm Thursday (AEST) - i.e. today.

It took less than four days - including customs clearance. Distance 16,216 kms

Canberra to Perth - 5 -6 business days (usually a little more) - distance 3,722 kms.

Oh yes, you say - but that would have been expensive express shipping!

It was the cheapest shipping. Cost $A63 - the cost for the same size parcel to Perth is $53 (light but large parcel)

I'm not sure if AusPost is getting slower or we are expecting more as we are doing more international purchasing.

When you look at these comparisons you have to ask - WHY?????

Last edited:
Why is right. Why does an international parcel travel from the international air port in Brisbane to Mackay and be delivered in the second day when a parcel sent from Brisbane takes 4-5 days. That's the thing that shits me.

Arrived today - unheard of. And I thought you all said Queenslanders were slack - their AusPost can certainly teach the rest of you States a lesson in postal delivery!
31f76fb25f7afeee6b23609d8fb04718.jpg

Arrived today - unheard of. And I thought you all said Queenslanders were slack - their AusPost can certainly teach the rest of you States a lesson in postal delivery!

Not quiet sure if I get this right - but isn't Express post supposed to be an overnight service and it took 2 days to arrive? Are you saying just double the quoted delivery time is a real improvement?

Not quiet sure if I get this right - but isn't Express post supposed to be an overnight service and it took 2 days to arrive? Are you saying just double the quoted delivery time is a real improvement?

@alfredus you're 100% correct (y)

Not quite 100% @SpeedyPC !

Only within the Express Post network - http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-areas.html#express-postcodes and subject to the Express Post terms.

While 4350 is within the network Darwin is not and 'Items sent from or to the locations below [including Darwin] will only take 2-3 business days with Express Post'

2 days is exceptional, even for Express Post in my experience.

However I now feel I gyped @vanNek somewhat as I only sent his return package via snail mail.

Exp
Not quite 100% @SpeedyPC !

Only within the Express Post network - http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/delivery-areas.html#express-postcodes and subject to the Express Post terms.

While 4350 is within the network Darwin is not and 'Items sent from or to the locations below [including Darwin] will only take 2-3 business days with Express Post'
Express from Melbourne to Bundaberg, South is supposed to be next day delivery up the East coast. Melbourne to North of Bundy is supposed to be 2 days. Our work HQ is in Melbourne & I phoned AP a couple of years ago to find out why we didn't get our delivery to Townsville the next day. Delivery to Darwin can take ... ... ...