AusFarce or AusFantastic?

I just received my parcel from Spain that is supposedly still at sea according to the tracking... It was only 5 weeks instead of the usual 2-3 weeks from Europe).

I think the local issues of strikes and backlog probably had something to do with it.

Got a return phone call regarding my missing item enquiry from a fortnight ago today.

Good to see that they are as prompt at following up these things as they are in delivering mail.....

Got a return phone call regarding my missing item enquiry from a fortnight ago today.

Good to see that they are as prompt at following up these things as they are in delivering mail.....

[emoji17]

Don't be sad @filobiblic

The item got delivered last week.

They are clearly very organized as well....

Hahah! Well I missed that didn't I?!

Great to hear that it had a happy ending. [emoji106]

Paid extra for tracking on a Shipito pacakge. So glad I did;

Call me a maniac but I no longer use AusPost when I use Shipitto, I use FedEx for everything now - for me it's worth paying the extra $$ for the fast, fully tracked, no chullora for 1 week, delivery.

I got so sick of a package being sent from the US to Australia and taking 3 days, then waiting over a week and a half for Australia Post to deliver it so now I just bite the bullet and pay for fed-ex.

Call me a maniac but I no longer use AusPost when I use Shipitto, I use FedEx for everything now - for me it's worth paying the extra $$ for the fast, fully tracked, no chullora for 1 week, delivery.

I got so sick of a package being sent from the US to Australia and taking 3 days, then waiting over a week and a half for Australia Post to deliver it so now I just bite the bullet and pay for fed-ex.

Is AusFarce what you get when you choose "Shipitto preferred"?

Well have a very, very tentative buyer who was concerned about passing on cash to someone he didn't know. Fair cop as we're talking about a decent amount of money - in the four figures for a nice watch. Anywho, I posted off Express (both postcodes within Guaranteed Network) with Extra Cover first thing Monday morning...and sent tracking number to buyer.

Monday morning - In transit Received by Australia Post
Monday night - no updates
Tuesday morning - no updates
Tuesday lunch - no updates
Tuesday night - no updates
Wednesday morning - no updates
Wednesday lunch - one update - "Customer Enquiry Lodged". Yep that be the result of my 'discussion' with AusPost.

I have one very very worried buyer on my hands! What can you say?

I'd resigned myself to the fact there was only one mob in town. But I've seriously got to look at the alternatives. These guys are getting worse and worse!

I'm not actually complaining about slow postage, just useless tracking!
Regardless...Wow.

Fair dinkum?

Oh yes, that too. The tracking on that parcel stopped when it left the US.

It was fair dinkum, the seller refunded me and all and he was VERY surprised when I contacted him to pay after arrival.

Well have a very, very tentative buyer who was concerned about passing on cash to someone he didn't know. Fair cop as we're talking about a decent amount of money - in the four figures for a nice watch. Anywho, I posted off Express (both postcodes within Guaranteed Network) with Extra Cover first thing Monday morning...and sent tracking number to buyer.

Monday morning - In transit Received by Australia Post
Monday night - no updates
Tuesday morning - no updates
Tuesday lunch - no updates
Tuesday night - no updates
Wednesday morning - no updates
Wednesday lunch - one update - "Customer Enquiry Lodged". Yep that be the result of my 'discussion' with AusPost.

I have one very very worried buyer on my hands! What can you say?

I'd resigned myself to the fact there was only one mob in town. But I've seriously got to look at the alternatives. These guys are getting worse and worse!

Well that is pretty crap!

I try to only lodge over the counter as that seems to ensure better tracking but this is pretty ordinary. You might get your postage cost refunded ...

(bet you are glad about the extra cover)

Well that is pretty crap!

I try to only lodge over the counter as that seems to ensure better tracking but this is pretty ordinary. You might get your postage cost refunded ...

(bet you are glad about the extra cover)

Yes I always lodge over the counter. I'll definitely get a free pre-paid satchel out of it. But, ironically I can only claim after the parcel has been delivered. Ah ha. Also doesn't help right now with an inconsolable buyer.

Serious anyone IDed a viable Plan B carrier?

Yes I always lodge over the counter. I'll definitely get a free pre-paid satchel out of it. But, ironically I can only claim after the parcel has been delivered. Ah ha. Also doesn't help right now with an inconsolable buyer.

Serious anyone IDed a viable Plan B carrier?

I've used a few. The last time was https://www.smartsend.com.au/ however I typically just look around for the best quote at the time so do use various senders. I'm not sure how the costs compare to Aus Post on the smaller items. It's heaps cheaper for the larger items (bicycle wheel, or frame)

I've used a few. The last time was https://www.smartsend.com.au/ however I typically just look around for the best quote at the time so do use various senders. I'm not sure how the costs compare to Aus Post on the smaller items. It's heaps cheaper for the larger items (bicycle wheel, or frame)

Thanks mate. I'll look into it.

UPDATE: Thursday - yep that's two days after expected arrival and the ExpressPost parcel still hasn't made it to the buyer. In a promising twist and in the wake of my third escating call to AusPost, they finally agreed to initiate a trace and moments later we had a scan. Three guesses where they found my parcel going from Canberra area to Sydney...
... you got it in one.
..."In transit - Processed through Australia Post facility - Chullora, NSW"

CHULLORA!!!!

Thanks mate. I'll look into it.

UPDATE: Thursday - yep that's two days after expected arrival and the ExpressPost parcel still hasn't made it to the buyer. In a promising twist and in the wake of my third escating call to AusPost, they finally agreed to initiate a trace and moments later we had a scan. Three guesses where they found my parcel going from Canberra area to Sydney...
... you got it in one.
..."In transit - Processed through Australia Post facility - Chullora, NSW"

CHULLORA!!!!

I think when I die I'm going to get my wife to post my body to myself.

It will undoubtedly be shipped via Chullora where it will stay in perpetuity thus saving the cost of a burial plot ...

Good luck with your parcel mate!

Well unfortunately Ausfarce isn't the only one having dramas. My Shavemac was shipped on the 8th of December. It landed in Australia on the 5th of January according to DHL tracking. God only knows how long it is going to take to get here. Needless to say I didn't need to waste the extra couple of days getting Bernd to send it to the PO Box rather than the office. We are well and truely open now!

Naturally the DHL tracking no longer works now it's in Australia Posts hands.