Barrister & Mann

Nonick

Sputniks orbit planet face
Group Buy Associate
I can't believe there is no thread dedicated to this great Artisan.

I'm starting it just to keep the spark going on the slow burning potential group buy later…:whistle: and a general spot for discussion about their products, which in true P&C style will most likely end up who knows where

Within 6 weeks the two Fougère fragrances will be released! With another that looks like an aftershave.

Having just used the Aromatique this morning thank to Peach I'm intrigued that there are three other variations of this classic scent from one artisan! Any group buy would have to wait till May to snag these popular scents.

I'm also interested in Ferox myself, being a citrus fan. I love tobs Grapefruit, but creams aren't doing it for me anymore in general..

I really like the whole way B&M is run from their marketing to the quality product to the helpful fast replies from Will. You just know dealing with them will be a great experience from start to finish.

Production Schedule
March 20, 2015, 12 pm EST

Ferox: Grapefruit, thyme, sage, vetiver, tea tree, rosemary ($16/jar)

Rhapsody: Neroli, lemon, orange, pear blossom, cherry blossom, rose, bay, patchouli, sandalwood, lavender, musk, vanilla ($18/jar)

Cologne Russe (Tonique Aftershave Splash): Lemon, rosemary, bergamot, basil, petitgrain bigarade, bay, benzoin, castoreum, vetiver, rose, violet, vanilla, leather, orange flower, amber ($20/bottle)

Vetyver Santal: Lemon, vetiver, sandalwood absolute, re-relased in our tallow base ($20/jar)

Fougère Classique: Oakmoss, lavender, coumarin, bergamot, geranium, vanilla, heliotrope, jasmine, rose, ylang ylang, civet, anise, patchouli, musk, vetiver, labdanum. Re-release of the original formula, now returning for full production. ($25/bottle, $12/sample bottle)

April 6, 2015, 12 pm EST

Diamond: Grass, soil, leather, caramel popcorn, pine, beer ($18/jar)

May 2, 2015, 12 pm EST

Fougère Aromatique: Lavender, tonka bean, hay absolute, lime, cardamom, thyme, clary sage, violet leaf, patchouli, geranium, benzoin, sweet fennel, mushroom ($35/jar, offered in both vegan and tallow bases)

Fougère Imperiale: Lavender, tonka bean, hay absolute, sandalwood, fir, clary sage, violet leaf, patchouli, geranium, benzoin, sweet fennel, mushroom ($35/jar, offered in both vegan and tallow bases)

Velvet: Details TBA

Source: http://www.barristerandmann.com/pages/production-schedule

Will likes fougéres... [emoji6]

He must! was the aftershave one released last year or is it new?

He must! was the aftershave one released last year or is it new?
The one last year. @borked has it and gleefully gave me a whiff as he knew it's fantastic!
But it's going into "full production" which must mean it'll be readily available in the line up. Worth getting IMHO.

Put it this way, if someone is doing an order for it, I am up for another bottle!

Is that the one that contained alcohol that they shipped accidentally?

Wouldn't it be tricky/impossible to get it again?

It does contain alcohol.

Is that the one that contained alcohol that they shipped accidentally?

Wouldn't it be tricky/impossible to get it again?
Oops! [emoji15] Another one (or twelve) accidentally slipped into a parcel for Australia.

very soon the doors for all of us will open...

Has anyone tried B&M Black label (line for resellers)

The Beaudelaire is interesting as a dark Fougère - (That's another one from Will!) though not limited edition.

By the open lid photo on Maggards the finish of the soap looks a lot like my tub of Latha. This may be a very good thing as Latha is a little softer than their other products..

http://www.maggardrazors.com/product/barrister-mann-black-label-shaving-soap-beaudelaire-5-5oz-jar/

Wow. Its hard to believe the product could be better than what it already is. I haevnt tried it but performance of my SEVILLE soap is unbelievable.

Apparently it's a slight variation only making it easier to lather. I believe it's mainly a retail version with a higher price point so that retailers can make a margin on it.

You'll notice the scents are all different from the White labels.

Latha is only available from B&M direct so there mustn't be much profit margin in it. It's a great soap indeed for that $10 price point. [emoji106]

Had a little package arrive today and B&M Dickens was one of the contents.
Reviews I've read say the scent is lemon, cherry, cardamom, nutmeg, and black pepper.
This came to me 2nd hand and I am a little blocked up so I'm not sure of this is typical of B&M but I found the scent to be quite muted.
The dominant smell I got was the cherry, almost marzipan like flavor.
Great performer, but the scent is probably not for me.
Swapsies anyone?

How does the scent compare to Stirling Dark Cherry ?