Barrister & Mann

Couple more days...

Yep. Get your money and 3 in-stock (as of now) product picks ready guys. I've given Alf posting rights in the group buy forum and I have given my approval :censored:

Oh, and my order is already in :ROFLMAO:

Ok Mr Mysterious. What I'm guessing is that you are going to NY in a few days and will pick up soaps (& aftershaves) for us. It seems to be what you're hinting at...

Not quite, but he has negotiated the group buy and will be administering it, as per above.

Latha
Well worth picking up (along with another soap!) in the upcoming B&M group buy.

Unfortunately Latha will be excluded due to it being out of stock almost all the time, poor Will cannot keep it on the shelf. But as you say it's amazing value and for performance & price it's no wonder.

It is just going to make it too hard to deal with the group buy as 10 orders might end up out of stock, and then we need to scramble to keep things happening.

I am exploring other means of getting Latha to us. Hell, I might put in a separate order of 30 tubs and distribute from Sydney.

Yep. Get your money and 3 in-stock (as of now) product picks ready guys.
By saying "products", is that inclusive of aftershaves?

By saying "products", is that inclusive of aftershaves?

Soaps only. Aftershaves will require dealing with alternative methods of shipment & probably a large delay.

As mentioned above, looking at alternative ways of getting the products to us. If this is a separate group buy or getting them stocked locally by harrassing MensBiz, we will get them to Oz.

Soaps only. Aftershaves will require dealing with alternative methods of shipment & probably a large delay.
Thanks for the prompt reply. [emoji106]

Yep. Get your money and 3 in-stock (as of now) product picks ready guys. I've given Alf posting rights in the group buy forum and I have given my approval :censored:
Waiting, waiting, waiting!!!
What's the minimum and maximum buy? Will there be Aromatique Fougere?

Waiting, waiting, waiting!!!
What's the minimum and maximum buy? Will there be Aromatique Fougere?
Only April limited Edition is OK - we want to get this order in ASAP...there might be a second round later, but that has not been confirmed by Will yet.

Minimum: 0
Maximum (at first): 3

Start: Tuesday morning - I hope all spots will be take by Tuesday afternoon ;)

Deal: FANTASTIC - Will has been truly generous to us!

I want to get in on this one but none of the scents appeal. The Dickens soap made great lather, the scent just wasn't for me.

Start: Tuesday morning - I hope all spots will be take by Tuesday afternoon ;)
So no advanced bookings - as I might have been a little subtle earlier...I was kinda hoping to score a Fougère Aromatique.

So no advanced bookings - as I might have been a little subtle earlier...I was kinda hoping to score a Fougère Aromatique.
You'll miss out this time. It's not available until May 6. I want some too... It'll have to be B&M Take 2 (as alluded to by @alfredus earlier).

Fellas, how about we stop carrying on like nagging hens and wait for the Group Buy ?
image.jpg

1311096551783.png

I want to get in on this one but none of the scents appeal. The Dickens soap made great lather, the scent just wasn't for me.

The Diamond certainly doesn't appeal to me - sounds like the local pub after a big Friday night. But everything else in the shop is apart from Latha as it is out of stock.

I'm going to be up front - I am taking
  • Ferox (Fairly standard aromatic accord with Tea Tree) - as an Aussie and my previous comments in the last month I cannot possibly go past it. Supporting Aussie EO's!
  • Rhapsody (A slightly floralised take on the Woody oriental classic New York by Nicolaï) - this one has my deep interest, especially with Musk notes.
  • Lavanille (Modern interpretation of Caron's Pour un Homme) - one of my most favourite scents in proper vintage 50's/60's juice but well out of my reach financially at that age.

The Diamond certainly doesn't appeal to me - sounds like the local pub after a big Friday night. But everything else in the shop is apart from Latha as it is out of stock.

I'm going to be up front - I am taking
  • Ferox (Fairly standard aromatic accord with Tea Tree) - as an Aussie and my previous comments in the last month I cannot possibly go past it. Supporting Aussie EO's!
  • Rhapsody (A slightly floralised take on the Woody oriental classic New York by Nicolaï) - this one has my deep interest, especially with Musk notes.
  • Lavanille (Modern interpretation of Caron's Pour un Homme) - one of my most favourite scents in proper vintage 50's/60's juice but well out of my reach financially at that age.
Nice selections.
Latha was out of stock, but... It's back!

If there is enough interest, I'll dig out of storage, my purchase and the generous samples supplied by @Barrister & Mann so Sydney folks can at least get an idea of the scents before purchase and add their interpretations.

It will be gone by Tuesday. You watch.
What was the smallest practical size for a batch Will can do ?
Might find an entire batch is possible as a 4th soap ?

Last edited:
If there is enough interest, I'll dig out of storage, my purchase and the generous samples supplied by @Barrister & Mann so Sydney folks can at least get an idea of the scents before purchase and add their interpretations.

Would be good for anyone local who is on the fence. I've been wanting these for a while so I'm going for them anyway.

What was the smallest practical size for a batch Will can do ?
Might find an entire batch is possible as a 4th soap ?

I have no idea, but he hot processes so I imagine that the batches cannot be that huge unless he does them in a special customised 44gal drum or similar.

I'm guessing between 60-80 soaps per batch if he does them in a large pot on the stove.

Our issue is postage, there's a sweet-spot after which it's not much benefit to go a larger number. We want to keep them smaller and run them more often as members come on board.

Makes sense mate :)

Hmmm, these sound interesting to me -

Fireside
Lavanille
Roam
Seville
Vetyver Santal

But I already have 5 decades of soap ....

I have never tried any Barrister & Mann product before, I might have to keep my eyes open for the group buy.

Rhapsody and Fireside appeal most to me.

Diamond could be very great or very bad, seems an odd mix.

I have never tried any Barrister & Mann product before, I might have to keep my eyes open for the group buy.

Rhapsody and Fireside appeal most to me.

Diamond could be very great or very bad, seems an odd mix.
I'm really enjoying Rhapsody. I shaved with it today. Superb performance; slick, cushioning, smooth. The scent is beautiful. I can smell Cherry blossoms (floral), gentle musk, apple, citrus...and more. Definitely a lot going on and would match a lot of AS; from Old Spice through to Floral (I used Myrsol Formula C "Violets"). A winner for me! [emoji106]