Blobbie Blobbie Beautiful Blobbie

So why the muted response to your SE shave - have to be worth 4 or 5 paragraphs :)

He was obviously dumbstruck by the quality of the shave. Don't worry, our Mark, rather than talking about it in flowery terms, will have the biggest collection of SEs in the southern hemisphere quicker than you can say "why the muted response". There's a very nice GEM junior bar (one of the the very first safety razors) for sale over at you know where. Good starting point, Mark.

I couldnt agree more and if anyone is holding their breath waiting for it to go back on the market I suggest you start breathing again cause it aint happening.

All the better for building the Pjotr myth. It won't be long before he's talked of with those other brush-making immortals, like whatsiname, and other that bloke who looks like that bloke off the telly, you know he was in that thing...

So why the muted response to your SE shave - have to be worth 4 or 5 paragraphs :)

Well to be honest Glen, I'm a little weary after all the pics here (posted in P&C first!) and they say pics are worth a thousand words so I'm way ahead this year to date and I may even stay mute for quite some time....

He was obviously dumbstruck by the quality of the shave. Don't worry, our Mark, rather than talking about it in flowery terms, will have the biggest collection of SEs in the southern hemisphere quicker than you can say "why the muted response". There's a very nice GEM junior bar (one of the the very first safety razors) for sale over at you know where. Good starting point, Mark.

Well maybe you should send me the link but really I'm not going to start collecting SEs, although I am disappointed in hindsight that I didn't get those three vintage brushes....

All the better for building the Pjotr myth. It won't be long before he's talked of with those other brush-making immortals, like whatsiname, and other that bloke who looks like that bloke off the telly, you know he was in that thing...

You mean the Demtel ad?

Without wanting to create another orgy of hyperbole and video examples of people lathering their hands, I offer the folowing observation....

Glen (subtle is best).
Boo!
If everyone self moderates, this place will be boring. Go post in a heavily moderated forum if you want to feel shackled.
There's no mods to speak of (or posters), so go hog wild!
Otherwise there's not much to talk about.
:sad2:

I'm even using smilies because what else is there to do?

.........Well maybe you should send me the link but really I'm not going to start collecting SEs, although I am disappointed in hindsight that I didn't get those three vintage brushes....

Just enabling you to expand your current hobby. Here 'tis, one of the premier collectable SEs, admittedly without a case and given that it's still there he's asking too much but still. This is the DE equivalent of a bottom dial fat boy in terms of rarity. And it's really purdy too.

1901 Gem Junior Bar,Gem Damaskeene,Fat Boy,Vintage Made Rite Brush, Old Spice Bottles

Hauls of vintage brushes regularly appear on e-bay.

Worth more than $30. I think I paid about $50 for mine. I think the only reason why it's still there is most SE shavers into that stuff have left B&B.

Who knows? No one has heard from dave (d.irving79) for years.
Even by 2009, most of the SE guys had moved to TSD (The shave den).

Then of course TOS was started by dave, but without him that place is very quiet due to lost content (just the forums left, no front pages).

Who knows? No one has heard from dave (d.irving79) for years.
Even by 2009, most of the SE guys had moved to TSD (The shave den).

Then of course TOS was started by dave, but without him that place is very quiet due to lost content (just the forums left, no front pages).

B&B itself has been relatively quiet (esp GSL) of late - certainly in relation to shaving related threads. Maybe the DE shaving bubble has burst :wacko:

B&B itself has been relatively quiet (esp GSL) of late - certainly in relation to shaving related threads. Maybe the DE shaving bubble has burst :wacko:

Well it hasn't been quiet here. Postings in three threads? I'm amazed this site could handle that much traffic.

Which could leave somebody with the worlds largest collection of anchors for very small boats :)

Hmmm, maybe that $10 will be appealing? Nah, I will leave them for my son - the market will come back!

Well it hasn't been quiet here. Postings in three threads? I'm amazed this site could handle that much traffic.

It has been a bit slow to load :blink: :) :) :)

Hmmm, maybe that $10 will be appealing? Nah, I will leave them for my son - the market will come back!

I can see the picture now - Sometime in the future and mark Jnr is approaching his 21st birthday - He approaches his rapidly aging father and states
"All I want for my birthday Dad is $10.00".
Mark Senior finds his teeth, slides them in and replies
"Why do you want so much money son" and immediately feels guilty having spent every penny he earned and borrowed on DE razors.
Mark Junior replies "Its for the latest ipod 27 app Dad - the one that shaves by sound waves".
Mark Senior heart starts to flutter - he looks around at his collection of 12500 DE razors (all in cases and shippers) all gleaming and shiny and realises if only he had taken that nice Mr Thomas up on his offer all those years ago he would have the money to give to his son. He mutely waves his arthritic hands around encompassing a portion of his lifes obsession and says "But son all this is yours" to which his son sadly responds
"no dad this is your obsession" as he patiently tucked the blanket around his fathers shriveled legs - gave him a sad glance and slowly made a path through the razors that lay around everywhere meanwhile plotting how to get rid of the old man and get in touch with the nice Mr Thomas to see if the offer was still available.

You still have time to avoid this Mark but I cant hang onto the tenner forever.

Glen

I can see the picture now - Sometime in the future and mark Jnr is approaching his 21st birthday - He approaches his rapidly aging father and states
"All I want for my birthday Dad is $10.00".
Mark Senior finds his teeth, slides them in and replies
"Why do you want so much money son" and immediately feels guilty having spent every penny he earned and borrowed on DE razors.
Mark Junior replies "Its for the latest ipod 27 app Dad - the one that shaves by sound waves".
Mark Senior heart starts to flutter - he looks around at his collection of 12500 DE razors (all in cases and shippers) all gleaming and shiny and realises if only he had taken that nice Mr Thomas up on his offer all those years ago he would have the money to give to his son. He mutely waves his arthritic hands around encompassing a portion of his lifes obsession and says "But son all this is yours" to which his son sadly responds
"no dad this is your obsession" as he patiently tucked the blanket around his fathers shriveled legs - gave him a sad glance and slowly made a path through the razors that lay around everywhere meanwhile plotting how to get rid of the old man and get in touch with the nice Mr Thomas to see if the offer was still available.

You still have time to avoid this Mark but I cant hang onto the tenner forever.

Glen
timGh.gif

s6X4t.gif