Brush Reknotting and boring - Boots Vintage - Who do you use ?

A stash of razors
A fancy of aftershave

Last edited by a moderator:
Well a 26mm Manchurian has been ordered from Elite and will be sent to @Tony Forsyth directly for him to do his magic. I can't wait to see what he accomplishes with the knot and handle, really looking forward to having a new brush or three in the stables too :cool:

The new shiny bit is a new addition and it is whats called a threading jig, but what I am going to try and do with it is still under wraps at this point in time :)

Well you are no fun at all, but let me guess;

A threading jig, I suppose machines threads into the side of a turned piece. What use is that to a brush handle? Well, my guess is to allow you to accurately (ie, not by hand, and to within 100ths of a mm) turn two or three piece handles such that they fit together tightly.

You could also do some travel brushes c/w threads for caps.... Oooh OR! an "adjustable loft" brush - twist the handle to extend the knot. (no idea why anyone would want one, but they do exist). Or maybe it has nothing to do with shaving at all...

Soap containers with screw on lids?

Well you are no fun at all, but let me guess;

A threading jig, I suppose machines threads into the side of a turned piece. What use is that to a brush handle? Well, my guess is to allow you to accurately (ie, not by hand, and to within 100ths of a mm) turn two or three piece handles such that they fit together tightly.

You could also do some travel brushes c/w threads for caps.... Oooh OR! an "adjustable loft" brush - twist the handle to extend the knot. (no idea why anyone would want one, but they do exist). Or maybe it has nothing to do with shaving at all...
Haha @Sxot some great ideas their mate and yes I have also thought about them, but my idea and trials to be done are none of them. However one of which you talk about is heading in the right direction in a kinda roundabout kinda way ;)
Cheers
Tony

Bee hive brushes.

Maybe replaceable knots? I am running out of ideasa

Hmmmm... Wonder what else might need a handle that we use to shave with?

Maybe with a small thread?

[emoji5] now I get it. I use straights all the time so forgot about handles.