Changeover Day

Not Whisky.... It’s WHISKEY

WHISKY-vs-WHISKEY.jpg

Oh dear God, as the proprietor of a bar, do know how many times I have had to stand there at 1am in the morning and go through this discussion with less than sober patrons. :rolleyes:

Technically there is no right or wrong spelling and every manufacturer will spell it the way they like. Irish and American distilleries tend to spell their products with an "e" before the "y",(whiskey) and the rest of the world drop the "e"(Whisky). This is not always the case. Off the top of my head, Makers Mark, George Dikel, Paddy, drop the "e" from the spelling of their American and Irish products respectively.

Then some drunken will say come up to me and say " hey they spelt Makers Mark Whisky wrong"
I reply "How is that so"
Patron Response " Makers Mark is not a f***** whiskey, it's a bourbon":censored::rolleyes::rolleyes: It never ends grain mash, corn mash, new barrels, old barrels.:censored::rolleyes:

Last edited:
I think the important question is how does whisky, whiskey and bourbon taste any different? Especially at the younger age.

At the very least, let this be a lesson for us all.:cry::unsure::X3:

What really troubles me though is @eggbert's comment that "the giftee was the wife" - I mean, seriously? If my wife gave me something like that there would be words, and I'd be buyer her a drill or jigsaw or something for her next gift ...

What really troubles me though is @eggbert's comment that "the giftee was the wife" - I mean, seriously? If my wife gave me something like that there would be words, and I'd be buyer her a drill or jigsaw or something for her next gift ...

Changeover Day (noun) - the day that a gentlemen wet shaver changes from autumn/winter to spring/summer scents and soaps and vice versa. Usually the first Saturday in Spring and Autumn.

Out with the old ...

wxrfII0l.jpg

... and in with the new.

gNUCGMEl.jpg
PU7PCTMl.jpg
I go with the Fire service recommendation of changing my soaps when I change the clocks. 4th Oct marked in the Calendar.

😂

I am working on a tub of mdc And before that a tub of APR. will probably be still using that tub in two years time. But, I better use a premium tub than just have the soap just sit there on the shelf.

did I mention that it keeps on going on and on and on and on and on

o_O

That's right, those genes get expressed even when you happen to be born on the other side of the planet. :p

It rubs off on 'visitors' after a while too :)

Most of my stuff works fine all the year round, and there's only one thing in my comparatively small collection that will be replaced. You'll know I'm starting to feel the cold when you start to see Two Kings in my SOTDs, and Rawr will be put away for a warmer time (though not necessarily Spring).

That time again - in with the 'new'

mglTbJYl.jpg