December 2012 Members Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, no wasn't referring to you Mark. Rightly or wrongly I just assumed that you'd already have one and so wouldn't be interested in it :laugh:

IMG_0242.jpg

Thiers Issard and Sons, Spartacus No. 7

My birthday present from my Beautiful wife.

The mobile pic I just took really doesnt do it justice. It is absolutely stunning in real life!

Cant wait to get home and try it! I've been holding off shaving since Tuesday to try it!

View attachment 359

Thiers Issard and Sons, Spartacus No. 7

My birthday present from my Beautiful wife.

The mobile pic I just took really doesnt do it justice. It is absolutely stunning in real life!

Cant wait to get home and try it! I've been holding off shaving since Tuesday to try it!

Now THAT is a razor!

Congrats mate and happy birthday!

Very nice kjparker. Not a straight razor user myself but I still like the look of them.

And some good news of my own- I won the Ranger Tech I posted about earlier. Went for a little bit more than I had hoped, but overall still a good deal I think (have seen ones in similar condition being sold for twice as much)

Vintage 1941 Gillette Ranger Safety Razor | eBay

Now THAT is a razor!

Congrats mate and happy birthday!

Thanks Mate.

My birthday was actually on the 3rd, but it took a while for this to arrive, she wanted to let me pick it out myself, as she had no idea where to buy or what was good etc! For our wedding anniversary she bought me a new Dovo 3 inch wide strop from Mensbiz, which is now breaking in nicely. It's amazing the difference that extra inch makes when stropping! I spoke to John (Yes that one!) and he hooked me up with this little beauty.

The cool thing about it is that I have dated it to between 1948 and 1952. My (late) father was born in 1948, and I think this is a razor he would have appreciated.

Very nice kjparker. Not a straight razor user myself but I still like the look of them.

And some good news of my own- I won the Ranger Tech I posted about earlier. Went for a little bit more than I had hoped, but overall still a good deal I think (have seen ones in similar condition being sold for twice as much)

Vintage 1941 Gillette Ranger Safety Razor | eBay

Nice pickup!

Well done mate :)

Thanks Mate.

My birthday was actually on the 3rd, but it took a while for this to arrive, she wanted to let me pick it out myself, as she had no idea where to buy or what was good etc! For our wedding anniversary she bought me a new Dovo 3 inch wide strop from Mensbiz, which is now breaking in nicely. It's amazing the difference that extra inch makes when stropping! I spoke to John (Yes that one!) and he hooked me up with this little beauty.

The cool thing about it is that I have dated it to between 1948 and 1952. My (late) father was born in 1948, and I think this is a razor he would have appreciated.

She is a keeper then!

Cool about the link to your late father's DOB.

Nice guitar mate, I used to own an '86 MIJ Tele Deluxe in what looks like the same color. The Jap Fenders seem pretty well regarded compared to the Mexican ones now, can I ask how much you paid for it?

Nice guitar mate, I used to own an '86 MIJ Tele Deluxe in what looks like the same color. The Jap Fenders seem pretty well regarded compared to the Mexican ones now, can I ask how much you paid for it?

Was $9,500 too much?

This is also hard to shave with.

I just picked it up today.

pearl target Drumkit.jpg

I think I'm going to replace the skins but the shells are really good.

For those wondering, it's a Pearl Target kit. More or less the lower end of the Pearl range, but quite good for my needs.

I just spat out my beer! That's enough to have bought six of the one I owned, you must surely be jesting.

Does $750 sound better?

Pretty sure you can get them for less on the bay, but you don't get to see em and play em. I'll pay the premium for that.

Nice guitar Drubbs.

We're hiring a music room for a jam night in the early new year, if you're keen to come along and play let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.