DOTD! What are y'all drinking on today.

I'm telling you that this was LAST night - I forgot to post!

nn4ZRD8l.jpg
I've never seen this bottle, single malt?

Spoken like a true Taswegian!

Promoting the local favourite :)
My local favourite is Hellyer's Road (peated version). Mmmm mmmmmmm. :love: None of the domestics are cheap though, so I can get a lot more Islay malt for the cost of a bottle of local.

Yep - https://www.nicks.com.au/products/t...ssic-cask-single-malt-australian-whisky-500ml

(Probably not where my wife purchased it, but a reliable source!)
YIKE!! :jawdrop: 500ml is very pricy, I knew this was single malt as I can tell by the color from your glass @Mark1966, because, blend malt is darker.

I do like the sound of the flavor below, question! Is this Australian whisky 'Lark' very drinkable?

Notes from the producers... Nose: Golden syrup and vanilla with hints of oranges and grapefruit. Plum pudding, Christmas cake, cinnamon sticks, nutmeg and a wisp of Tasmanian peat smoke. Palate: Sweet vanilla transforms into a heady combination of orange peel, butterscotch, cloves, nutmeg and grapefruit. Finish: Butterscotch and citrus notes with a long, satisfying smoky finish. 43% Alc./Vol. Non chill filtered.

YIKE!! :jawdrop: 500ml is very pricy, I knew this was single malt as I can tell by the color from your glass @Mark1966, because, blend malt is darker.

I do like the sound of the flavor below, question! Is this Australian whisky 'Lark' very drinkable?

Notes from the producers... Nose: Golden syrup and vanilla with hints of oranges and grapefruit. Plum pudding, Christmas cake, cinnamon sticks, nutmeg and a wisp of Tasmanian peat smoke. Palate: Sweet vanilla transforms into a heady combination of orange peel, butterscotch, cloves, nutmeg and grapefruit. Finish: Butterscotch and citrus notes with a long, satisfying smoky finish. 43% Alc./Vol. Non chill filtered.

It is VERY nice!

Come on @Mark1966 tell us how VERY nice, tell us your own flavour from your own tongue and how smooth and drinkable.

I'm not drinking it to analyse it, I'm drinking to ENJOY it!

Your nice Stuart crystal glass is looking a bit empty there, my friend...

YES!

LOL, I noticed after that I took the shot pre-pour

Good grief, am I the only one who has a wee dram

kOUpoa5l.jpg

Time to break this out