February 2012 Member Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pjotr

Cultured Philistine
2016 Sabbatical
Two sticks of Speick. From Connaughts. Cheaper than one stick from any Australian supply (sorry Australian suppliers!). And it arrived five days after ordering. Don't know how they manage to only charge half the postage costs and it arrives faster from the UK than it does from anywhere in Australia. Happened last time I used them too.

Last edited:
Two sticks of Speick. From Connaughts. Cheaper than one stick from any Australian supply (sorry Australian suppliers!). And it arrived five days after ordering. Don't know how they manage to only charge half the postage costs and it arrives faster from the UK than it does from anywhere in Australia. Happened last time I used them too.

No need to rub it in, I'm still anticipating my debut shaving orders. Seeing how fast Connaughts were for you, my sampler pack of blades will probably turn up before the razor.
Still, I should have a reasonable amount of stubble to attack once it all arrives as the disposables went in the bin on Monday.

Last edited:
Thayers Superhazel and regular unscented. I couldn't justify buying locally when I got both delivered for less than $20 from US.

I use WH after a shower, rather than as an AS, and this stuff is kind of meh so far.

Not really anything else for me, if sort of reached the point where I've tried all the stuff I was curious about.

Thayers Superhazel and regular unscented. I couldn't justify buying locally when I got both delivered for less than $20 from US.

I use WH after a shower, rather than as an AS, and this stuff is kind of meh so far.

Not really anything else for me, if sort of reached the point where I've tried all the stuff I was curious about.

I thought Thayers Witchhazel was another one of those overhyped products. Unlike the witch hazel gel we used to treat all kinds of grazes and stuff with when our kids were growing up in England. Haven't seen it here. That stuff was truly magical.

I've also reached the been there done that phase.

I thought Thayers Witchhazel was another one of those overhyped products. Unlike the witch hazel gel we used to treat all kinds of grazes and stuff with when our kids were growing up in England. Haven't seen it here. That stuff was truly magical.

Yep, Thayers bears no resemblance to that liquid torture/magic from my youth. But then this is a different kind of product I spose. Or the yanks are just too bloody soft. They'd probably try and heal grazes with therapy. On TV.

Well with you two being so jaded I guess Paste and Cut wil have to rely on myself, Gareth,Eggbert and Mark to keep the flag flying (with and occasional erudite comment from HunnyMonster and The Razor).

Took advantage of the strong $AUD.

200 PSS
200 Derby
2 Arko Sticks
2 Alum blocks

Go Bestshave!

Can't see myself needing to revisit the acquisitions thread for a year or two!

or a collecting tragic!
Well if you're selling some, you're an "importer/exporter" now, ie a dealer, not a collector.
OOOOOHHHHH, might have to work out the taxes on that side venture lol.

I ain't bought jack, that's the name of the game for me, which is why I'm playing it in the first place.
Fall back is the rolls razor (though I doubt I need it, if gillette gets the whole population of asia, india, eastern europe, the ME and russia to abandon DE, that's not going to effect the current supply of SE in anyway, since they dont use them anyway, so situation normal. but that's what DE shavers and blade bulk buyers are worried about, the cheap DE blades disappearing for plastic disposables)

I bought a Jermyn St soap refill. It was cheaper to buy a refill then a bowl off ebay than the soap and bowl together.

Also got a Lucky Tiger Face Scrub. i love the LT products.

I've kinda also reached the stage where I'm content with the crap I have accumulated.

Well if you're selling some, you're an "importer/exporter" now, ie a dealer, not a collector.
OOOOOHHHHH, might have to work out the taxes on that side venture lol.

COOL! This 'business' is going to make one hell of a tax deduction!

Gillette Slim 1965 K3. Thanks Mark for this e-bay tip.
Marks's P160 & Cella soap special.
Astra SPs x 100.

Oh, I didn't know you wanted blades. I have some Personna Labs available..... :D

I've not tried these. I've used the Personna Reds. Are they similar?

IMHO much better. You can find out for yourself soon......

Accidental Acquisition

I did not realise that gavelsnipe worked in the currency of the country of sale, hence instead of my bid being $12.50 it ended up being 12.50 pounds. And of course the winning bid was 12.50 pounds - so I am now the proud owner of this:
eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d

What exactly I will do with it I have no idea.

Live and learn I always say (after the learning bit)

I think we've all been caught out by this currency issue. It probably happens to O/S people when they buy from the ebay AU site too. I don't understand why the whole world can't just use AUD...

Status
Not open for further replies.