February 2013 Members Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, just the end ones. 3 of them are very minor and you can hardly notice, but the forth is slightly worse.

My own reading confirms what you are saying- seems its a bit hit and miss with bending them and a lot of people mange to break teeth off. I'll see how it shaves and if it doesn't get in the way I might leave as is.

Just got the notification that my Nexus 4 phone has shipped. Unfortunately they estimate it won't arrive until next month.

Just got the notification that my Nexus 4 phone has shipped. Unfortunately they estimate it won't arrive until next month.

So you can post in the March acquisitions too! :D

So you can post in the March acquisitions too! :D

With a combination of FedEx tracking and an android app I can see that it is currently on flight QF128 from Hong Kong to Sydney.
The flight was 4 minutes late taking off, but is estimated to arrive 25 minutes early.

I think this is even more frustrating than not knowing.

With a combination of FedEx tracking and an android app I can see that it is currently on flight QF128 from Hong Kong to Sydney.
The flight was 4 minutes late taking off, but is estimated to arrive 25 minutes early.

I think this is even more frustrating than not knowing.

LOL - I did the same with a Tom Bihn bag shipped via UPS a while back. Seattle to Kentucky where the UPS international hub is, onto the flight to Australia via Hawaii then through customs in SYD then to my door . Kinda cool really!

Cool - I'm sure that it will NOT result in a need for more brushes (LOL!!!!!!!!)

I was the early bid leader on this, and thought I had a fairly good chance of winning it.

But the price has skyrocketed. Why? It's only a slim isn't it?

I was the early bid leader on this, and thought I had a fairly good chance of winning it.

But the price has skyrocketed. Why? It's only a slim isn't it?

'only a slim' - it is an L 1 - my birth quarter - so it must be worth more!

Serious, why that price - great pics. The blades are I think the wrong ones for 1966, the instructions are not in great condition and it is certainly not NOS.

Oh, there *might* also be some shill bidding too. Look at the bid history - lots of noobs and if you look at the current 'winner' and their bid history here you will notice this seller features prominently!

I can't prove anything but this person is obviously trying to be the new CFM and advertises for consignment sales - he needs to get good prices to demonstrate that he can 'help you get the MOST money from selling YOUR Razors and Antiques!'

Wash your mouth out egg. :)

My gold fatboy arrived today. Well I say gold, there has been a bit of plate loss on the top and sides. It's cleaned up reasonably well though with just some hot water, detergent and a toothbrush.

I guess that is to be expected from an F2 razor, and I was never after a shelf princess, just a nice usable adjustable.

Is hot water and a good clean enough, or should I do anything else to it before I use it?

Photos to follow when my new phone arrives tomorrow.

I also picked up a new (to me) Weber q100 bbq with all the trimmings pretty cheap today, so it has been a pretty successful day / week tomorrow when my Nexus 4 arrives.

My gold fatboy arrived today. Well I say gold, there has been a bit of plate loss on the top and sides. It's cleaned up reasonably well though with just some hot water, detergent and a toothbrush.

I guess that is to be expected from an F2 razor, and I was never after a shelf princess, just a nice usable adjustable.

Is hot water and a good clean enough, or should I do anything else to it before I use it?

Photos to follow when my new phone arrives tomorrow.

Plate loss is pretty unavoidable with gold plating unfortunately.

Hot water, detergent and toothbrush will certainly make it look clean. A soak in hot soapy water overnight will also result in gunk being released from inside the hard to get at places usually.

if you are worried about bugs 70% alcohol as per another thread here is the easiest way to go.

Well acquisitions are getting less as time goes on. With the month pretty much over what came in. Hmmm, let me see ...

Gillette Big Boy cased
Gillette Big Fellow - Old Type cased
Gillette #15 cased
Eclipse Red Ring
Gillette Standard Combination Set
Gillette Aristocrat - cased
Gillette Double Ring - cased, green liner Boston Masss.
Gillette #66 cased plus Tech
Gillette Single Ring
Gillette NEW Milady - Australian Set

Gee, glad I'm slowing down! :amazed:

Well acquisitions are getting less as time goes on. With the month pretty much over what came in. Hmmm, let me see ...

Gillette Big Boy cased
Gillette Big Fellow - Old Type cased
Gillette #15 cased
Eclipse Red Ring
Gillette Standard Combination Set
Gillette Aristocrat - cased
Gillette Double Ring - cased, green liner Boston Masss.
Gillette #66 cased plus Tech
Gillette Single Ring
Gillette NEW Milady - Australian Set

Gee, glad I'm slowing down! :amazed:

I know you say yours is an angel, but I am pretty sure my Mrs. wouldn't let me get away with a ~$500 hobby for more than a month or two.

Here's to hoping you claw some of that back from your sales.

I know you say yours is an angel, but I am pretty sure my Mrs. wouldn't let me get away with a ~$500 hobby for more than a month or two.

Here's to hoping you claw some of that back from your sales.

Gee is it that much? Glad I'm not keeping count!

Gee is it that much? Glad I'm not keeping count!

Ha ha! That was an estimate knowing that you are pretty much just upgrading what you already have. Probably quite a conservative one at that if you regularly purchase 10 per month.

I don't begrudge you the hobby, just the wife that allows you to do so.

I thought I read that correctly. I'm always looking out for more bakelite razors and this came up:

Good ECLIPSE Red Ring Razor Model BB BAKELITE BOX Art Deco James Neill Sheffield | eBay

You're probably all over it.

Yep, in the watch list. The RR I brought this month was a bit of a mistake. Hit BIN button before looking at ALL the pics. Now I know why it was so cheap :amazed:

Have you looked at the bakelites that Italian Barber gets in?

Ha ha! That was an estimate knowing that you are pretty much just upgrading what you already have. Probably quite a conservative one at that if you regularly purchase 10 per month.

I don't begrudge you the hobby, just the wife that allows you to do so.

You make it sound like an addiction!

Seriously though, I just don't ask when it comes to shoes, bags, books etc :D

Whilst not of the shaving variety, I treated myself yesterday.

IMG_20130228_173135_zpsf939036e.jpg

(ignore the cat- he has to be the centre of attention at all times apparently).

Laphroaig 10 Y.O is probably my favourite single malt, so when I heard it was on special I had to grab a bottle. The Ardmore was something new that I picked up on a whim. Enjoyed a wee dram with a friend last night and it was very impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.