Got something cool? Non-shaving Acquisitions Thread

My wife and I are ying and yang.

This morning she tells me she really wants some Bose over ear noise cancelling headphones as the Shure earbuds and others she has used in the past hurt her ears. She is flying to the US tomorrow.

Having ignored the numerous mentions of sales, including EOFY sales, on Bose gear including some substantial discounts at the QFF shop all the Bose store in Canberra will sell me is the wireless QC35 II - at $499. Ouch. Fortunately I find that according to their website Hardly Normal have some QC 25 (wired) still in stock for $245.

I ring Hardly Normal to check and get them to hold for me. The switch answers, transfers me, the phone rings out. I try again, am transferred, wrong section, they transfer me, it is a fax number. I try a third time, now knowing which section to ask for, I get transferred and it rings and rings, then gets automatically transferred, gets answered in another section who transfers me back, it rings out. We hop into the car and drive to the store. We find the headphones - no Bose there. Ask an indolent youth working there and he points to another section of the store 'where all the Bose products are'. We find the Bose soundbars and other speakers etc, no headphones there. We finally accost a staff member and point out that we have found the headphones and the Bose products but cannot find the Bose headphones - he at least knows where they are and takes us to a different area.

THIS IS WHY RETAIL IN AUSTRALIA IS GOING DOWN THE TOILET MR HARVEY! Slapping 10% GST on low value imports will not change this.

Fortunately they have one left, he attempts to charge me $299, I suggest that they are $245, he checks and agrees, I pay and walk out.

cq5dam.web.1000.1000.jpeg

It.

Should.

Not.

Be.

This.

Hard.

[/rant]
Pretty standard experience for me when I go to that sh1th0le of a store!

My wife and I are ying and yang.

This morning she tells me she really wants some Bose over ear noise cancelling headphones as the Shure earbuds and others she has used in the past hurt her ears. She is flying to the US tomorrow.

Having ignored the numerous mentions of sales, including EOFY sales, on Bose gear including some substantial discounts at the QFF shop all the Bose store in Canberra will sell me is the wireless QC35 II - at $499. Ouch. Fortunately I find that according to their website Hardly Normal have some QC 25 (wired) still in stock for $245.

I ring Hardly Normal to check and get them to hold for me. The switch answers, transfers me, the phone rings out. I try again, am transferred, wrong section, they transfer me, it is a fax number. I try a third time, now knowing which section to ask for, I get transferred and it rings and rings, then gets automatically transferred, gets answered in another section who transfers me back, it rings out. We hop into the car and drive to the store. We find the headphones - no Bose there. Ask an indolent youth working there and he points to another section of the store 'where all the Bose products are'. We find the Bose soundbars and other speakers etc, no headphones there. We finally accost a staff member and point out that we have found the headphones and the Bose products but cannot find the Bose headphones - he at least knows where they are and takes us to a different area.

THIS IS WHY RETAIL IN AUSTRALIA IS GOING DOWN THE TOILET MR HARVEY! Slapping 10% GST on low value imports will not change this.

Fortunately they have one left, he attempts to charge me $299, I suggest that they are $245, he checks and agrees, I pay and walk out.

cq5dam.web.1000.1000.jpeg

It.

Should.

Not.

Be.

This.

Hard.

[/rant]
Agree it should not be so hard, but at least the wife is pleased with new headphones....
Happy Sunday good Sir....

Agree it should not be so hard, but at least the wife is pleased with new headphones....
Happy Sunday good Sir....

Yes indeed, and as we all know ...

Happy wife = happy life

[although I must say mine is very easy to please and very, very forgiving!]

Bingo-
Dw5600e

I was going to grab the original DW5600c but vintage tax has taken hold now-
I’ve been looking at one of these for ages actually as they are a classic.

Also worn in the movie “speed” by mr reeves.
Being NASA certified made me pull the trigger
I will also put it on a nato..
Not a huge fan of plastic Gshock straps

Not as much fluffing around as Mark today but we were in Harris Scarfe (Chermside) getting new cheap runner shoes for my son.... Price nowhere near my expectation at the till when factoring in the store wide 40% discount.

The assistant checked the price "$70 ticket with 40% discount is $42"

I replied "$60 ticket with 40% discount is $36"...

The price on the box and price tag attached to both shoes all indicated $60..... 10 mins later after scurrying of with the shoes and talking to the manager she came back and put them through at the correct price of $60 with 40% discount.

If I had bucket loads of purchases I probably wouldn't have noticed so lucky it was only one item..... saved a hefty $6 which got spent shortly after at a sushi bar :)

R6GbRk8l.jpg

Here’s a couple of prizes I won for my top teir reviewing skills.
Not a bribe as I didn’t read the op well enough to know it was a contest-
Additionally I learnt I may have a problem- brand new knife and I spend 2 hours on the bevel as it wasn’t even enough for my brain to accept

741a4DIl.jpg
ZDP-189 dragonfly- very interesting steel and I was lucky enough to get this guy at a steal :)

741a4DIl.jpg
ZDP-189 dragonfly- very interesting steel and I was lucky enough to get this guy at a steal :)

So you got the steel for a steal?

U da man!

This was my last purchase from Amazon (USA) before they stopped shipping to Australia at the end of June :(

It arrived earlier this week but I've been too busy at work to even unbox it properly and plug it in for testing.... it should be good to keep dust out the internals and stop overheating during summer and the 10 days of QLD winter :)

OeFN32sl.jpg

I2mLvJ5l.jpg