Got something cool? Non-shaving Acquisitions Thread

Do I REALLY have to move this conversation to a new thread of its own?

Come on, BOT people!

Like this ...

What a wonderful selection of belts!

I think that one of my buckle selections might be a problem with the airport scanner -

Come on, BOT people!

Like this ...

I think that one of my buckle selections might be a problem with the airport scanner -

What do you think @lerenau ?

Ban them @Mark1966 I say.

And no, it have nothing to do with removing competition for the auction :sneaky:

Come on, BOT people!

Like this ...

What do you think @lerenau ?
I think they are great! In fact, they look even better in person.

I will upload before and after pics when I get a minute... Of course, the 'before' pic requires me to be sans-pants. SPOILER ALERT.

And not a tactical one amongst them!
Do they really give problems at the airport? Last two times I went through I didn't have to remove belt. Other times it seems if though it's going to take full undress to get through. Are they toying with us?:)

I think they are great! In fact, they look even better in person.

I will upload before and after pics when I get a minute... Of course, the 'before' pic requires me to be sans-pants. SPOILER ALERT.
Know what else people do sans pants?

Poop.

Those belts are pretty rad actually- I need to invest in a new one or two.
I might need to undertake a TACTICAL mission and buy one.

ACTUALLY
I got more knives!
BRB pics to come!!

And not a tactical one amongst them!
Do they really give problems at the airport? Last two times I went through I didn't have to remove belt. Other times it seems if though it's going to take full undress to get through. Are they toying with us?:)

I have an RMW belt that I know goes off, so I don't wear it when traveling. My Seiko watch with bracelet was enough to go off if I walked close to the side. I'm often held up by people removing shoes, belts jewellery, oh that phone they forgot about etc. I like to travel with tried and tested clothing!

vOlCOhOl.jpg

We 809 Practic and Spyderco Native 5

I wanna see.

I am somewhat sad I am not a moon watch guy
Well I didn’t go the full hog and go Omega but it is a NASA approved watch that had been worn on missions previously.
Really it’s just a space watch- the scotch has got to me

Only seven watches certified for all missions by Nasa,and only one of those for Extra Vehicular Activities (space walks)
Omega Speedmaster Professional X-33 (EVA)
Casio G-Shock DW-5600C
Casio G-Shock DW-5600E
Casio G-Shock DW-5900
Casio G-Shock DW-6900
Casio G-Shock Master of G G-9000
Timex IRONMAN Triathlon
So it must be one of those G-Shocks.

My wife and I are ying and yang.

This morning she tells me she really wants some Bose over ear noise cancelling headphones as the Shure earbuds and others she has used in the past hurt her ears. She is flying to the US tomorrow.

Having ignored the numerous mentions of sales, including EOFY sales, on Bose gear including some substantial discounts at the QFF shop all the Bose store in Canberra will sell me is the wireless QC35 II - at $499. Ouch. Fortunately I find that according to their website Hardly Normal have some QC 25 (wired) still in stock for $245.

I ring Hardly Normal to check and get them to hold for me. The switch answers, transfers me, the phone rings out. I try again, am transferred, wrong section, they transfer me, it is a fax number. I try a third time, now knowing which section to ask for, I get transferred and it rings and rings, then gets automatically transferred, gets answered in another section who transfers me back, it rings out. We hop into the car and drive to the store. We find the headphones - no Bose there. Ask an indolent youth working there and he points to another section of the store 'where all the Bose products are'. We find the Bose soundbars and other speakers etc, no headphones there. We finally accost a staff member and point out that we have found the headphones and the Bose products but cannot find the Bose headphones - he at least knows where they are and takes us to a different area.

THIS IS WHY RETAIL IN AUSTRALIA IS GOING DOWN THE TOILET MR HARVEY! Slapping 10% GST on low value imports will not change this.

Fortunately they have one left, he attempts to charge me $299, I suggest that they are $245, he checks and agrees, I pay and walk out.

cq5dam.web.1000.1000.jpeg

It.

Should.

Not.

Be.

This.

Hard.

[/rant]