Got something cool? Non-shaving Acquisitions Thread

Here's a little taste of my something special. Was due last week, then this week and now looks likely to be next week, oh well maybe eventually.
taste.png

That would be Efest, I use 2 0f them at work and sell them, only an average charger, Xtar VC4 is better, It will recover low discharged lithium batteries that Efest cant.
Efest don't make batteries they just rewrap other brands, most are junk.
agreed on the battery's but i have charged batteries from 3.3 volts without a problem a few times in my blu6 and its outlasted 2 nitecore chargers and tbh i wouldn't bother charging a battery from much lower it will be stuffed at best pipe bomb at worst. do the xtar fit 20700 batteries ? funnily enough they are best of the pack with 20700s even though i would never buy any other battery from them.

agreed on the battery's but i have charged batteries from 3.3 volts without a problem a few times in my blu6 and its outlasted 2 nitecore chargers and tbh i wouldn't bother charging a battery from much lower it will be stuffed at best pipe bomb at worst. do the xtar fit 20700 batteries ? funnily enough they are best of the pack with 20700s even though i would never buy any other battery from them.

Yes the 20700 batteries fit, I can recover batteries as low as 1 volt they are perfectly fine after charging, I use them daily I know when a battery is stuffed.

Not a balisong.
Any knife that could be opened using a flicking motion (including almost all knives that are one hand opened) are illegal to import.
"Knives that can be opened with gravity or centrifugal force and/or pressure applied to a button, spring or device in or attached to the handle of the knife"

Not a balisong.
Any knife that could be opened using a flicking motion (including almost all knives that are one hand opened) are illegal to import.
"Knives that can be opened with gravity or centrifugal force and/or pressure applied to a button, spring or device in or attached to the handle of the knife"
Laws changed in 2015 I belive.
One hand open is fine, I’ve had dozens of knives inspected by customs and all came through, ranging from flippers, compression locks, axis lock and friction folders (easily opened by gravity)

I've been splitting wood like that for 25 years, sometimes I miss
Fz67riA.jpg
Stewth, Wayne! Hope you recover quickly. How many stitches?
I very nearly did this about 25 years ago in Kalgoorlie - was saved by my steel caps.

I've been splitting wood like that for 25 years, sometimes I miss
Fz67riA.jpg

Did the thongs survive?
I had a workmate that had a similar injury. He was the WHS officer at work but at home decided to trim a fence paling with a circular saw using his foot as the vice whilst wearing thongs.

Last edited:
Stewth, Wayne! Hope you recover quickly. How many stitches?
I very nearly did this about 25 years ago in Kalgoorlie - was saved by my steel caps.
7 stitches, I should have been wearing my boots but I only wanted to split a couple of small pieces, bit of a wake up call.
Did the thongs survive?
I had a workmate that had a similar injury. He was the WHS officer at work but at home decided to trim a fence paling with a circular saw using his foot as the vice whilst wearing thongs.
The thong survived just with minor bruising :)

Thanks @wayne646 I was eating my dinner while you were posting this a moment ago, and I just nearly vomit all over my dinner in front of my dog almost ran away from a t-bone steak
That’s what you and your donkey pics get m8!

d87rq9bl.jpg

Today’s tactical pen is second from the left, you know, the one that looks like a pineapple grenade.
The positives I had where that I liked that it is a full size pen and the colour is nice..

Not my favourite TBH.