Got something cool? Non-shaving Acquisitions Thread

Just landed off to get the Cascade & Boags how many of you coming
Can’t do it Sir, bring me some Blackwood for a project I’m working on though, k thx

Why would you import Boags to Tassie? They've got their own brewery, Cascade!
And Boags is brewed here, up north though, in the south it's cascade. Also Boags is shit.

No need to bring beer into the state I know a few of the link cal craft brewers and a lot of home brewers, so just bring rum.

And Boags is brewed here, up north though, in the south it's cascade. Also Boags is shit.
Kind of what I was getting at. Although Cascade isn't a great deal better.

Well I'm different but that's the good thing in this world I love both the shits Boags & Cascade (y)

There is some stunning aussie beers out there. None of them come from lion or abi owned brands though.unfortunatly most people think pale badly brewed lager with a bunch of sugar instead of malt is what beer is supposed to taste like.

Router died yesterday, so off to JB and had them match a price on this thing (Netgear xr500). Not sure about the smartconnect feature, but range and speed of the wifi seems good. Hopefully they add extra VPN clients, would be nice to be able to route the VPN to specific devices (nowhere yesterday open had any of the ASUS routers, otherwise would have gone for them).

Wife's computer started playing up today. Considering getting a laptop to replace (Acer Predator Helios 300) as it seems a bit easier for her than a desktop. Happy for any thoughts or advice :)

img-intro-router.png

That router looks like a cylon lol. Love it.

If you also have a desktop and don't have a laptop, I would def go a laptop as a replacement. Sure a laptop is not as efficient as a desktop in terms of money for power but having a laptop and desktop in the house can be super handy.

Router died yesterday, so off to JB and had them match a price on this thing (Netgear xr500). Not sure about the smartconnect feature, but range and speed of the wifi seems good. Hopefully they add extra VPN clients, would be nice to be able to route the VPN to specific devices (nowhere yesterday open had any of the ASUS routers, otherwise would have gone for them).

Wife's computer started playing up today. Considering getting a laptop to replace (Acer Predator Helios 300) as it seems a bit easier for her than a desktop. Happy for any thoughts or advice :)

img-intro-router.png

Does it come in any other colours?

img-intro-router.png
I highly recommend the Lenovo Yoga or Carbon range of laptops. You can get a convenient easy to use USB C dock for them as well which is really good for home use. I have also found that ASUS make some really good laptops and that is what I bought my better half when she needed a new one.

That's not a real router though sorry :)

Anyone else notice the non shaving acquisition thread is magnitudes more popular than the shaving acquisitions thread.

I highly recommend the Lenovo Yoga or Carbon range of laptops. You can get a convenient easy to use USB C dock for them as well which is really good for home use. I have also found that ASUS make some really good laptops and that is what I bought my better half when she needed a new one.
I get HP Elitebooks at work, really love the side-connect dock for them, dual Displayport out on them too. Lenovo Carbons are good too but I don't like the dock system so much.

That's not a real router though sorry :)
1000% correct.

Most people on here won't be able to write a Cisco config to save themselves, or work out how to install pfSense. Ubiquiti or Draytek is where you need to look. Once the new place has a real internet connection, I will be grabbing an Unifi USG, PoE Switch and AP's to deck out connectivity.

No more shaving acquisitions for me unless it's dirt cheap old gillette's , I have 1KG of melt & pour and my 80 year old open comb, that's all I need.
Nearly forgot my Maggards shaving brush.

That's not a real router though sorry

Maybe it's because the pic was before being connected. This is after :p
server_spaghetti_1.jpg

Most people on here won't be able to write a Cisco config to save themselves, or work out how to install pfSense. Ubiquiti or Draytek is where you need to look. Once the new place has a real internet connection, I will be grabbing an Unifi USG, PoE Switch and AP's to deck out connectivity.

I think I understood a few words in there, but that's about it. Are there any advantages to this type of setup apart from security?

Last edited: