Hey People. Greetings from Canberra.

Welcome to the home of shaving in Australia @lerenau :)
Thanks Todras,
I was going to buy some APR anyway. But, since then I stumbled across your "DIY Aftershave Splash Project" thread. Very very impressive.
I've only read a few posts so far. But, it makes me want to sample everything you have! (and take 3 months off to make my own)

On that note, I just read that you're almost out of Mycroft (soap+splash)!
But, that was my first pick! So, I'm placing my order as we speak... :)

Welcome @lerenau ,
The 34c is a great razor! I never got on with Feathers myself, give Polsilver blades a go when you get a chance. For me they are close in sharpness, but smoother.
They sound great and seem to get good reviews. I've now added them to my next bulk order. Thanks!

Welcome @lerenau ,
The 34c is a great razor! I never got on with Feathers myself, give Polsilver blades a go when you get a chance. For me they are close in sharpness, but smoother.
Hmmm... I could be wrong, but it looks like Polsilver blades aren't available anymore.

This site claims they haven't been produced since September:
http://www.polsilver-blades.com/

... and Mensbiz claims they are soldout:
http://www.mensbiz.com.au/shaving/blades.html?manufacturer=101

Have I been misinformed?

Ok, so my first big haul came in. And, in one hit, I've effectively tripled my shaving empire. *drool*
Link here. (I didn't want to double-post)

Welcome @lerenau , the guys here read all the threads. So you'll be noticed.
Great introduction!
Am actually quite new to the DE shaving as well and learnt a lot from the gents here already.
Don't be scare of feathers as it sounds like you know what you are doing already.
Just take your time with them like I did and then relax into the shave.
Shaver Heaven is coming back apparently.
As for the other q's someone will answer your queries as am too interested in their response on occams and wolfpac.

So, the wife and I had a long-overdue date night last night.
I had 5 days(!) growth, so I decided a shave was in order.
I used a Feather blade for the first time and... OMG... It was quite literally the best shave I've ever had!
Easy as pie, no irritation, and my first baby-butt-smooth experience ever!
My skin usually complains a little the next day. But now, almost 24 hours later, it still looks and feels great. Very very happy!

Shave details:
- Razor: Merkur 34c
- Blade: Feather blade
- Soap: Barrister & Mann, Lavanille*
- A/S: Barrister & Mann, Lavaille*
- Also used: Thayers unscented witchhazel, Alum block
*It was also my first use of a B&M product. They too were excellent.

Welcome @lerenau ,
Hey @Benjamin I still haven't found anywhere that sell Polsilver blades - or at least has them in stock.
Where do people usually acquire them from?

So, the wife and I had a long-overdue date night last night.
I had 5 days(!) growth, so I decided a shave was in order.
I used a Feather blade for the first time and... OMG... It was quite literally the best shave I've ever had!
Easy as pie, no irritation, and my first baby-butt-smooth experience ever!
My skin usually complains a little the next day. But now, almost 24 hours later, it still looks and feels great. Very very happy!

Shave details:
- Razor: Merkur 34c
- Blade: Feather blade
- Soap: Barrister & Mann, Lavanille*
- A/S: Barrister & Mann, Lavaille*
- Also used: Thayers unscented witchhazel, Alum block
*It was also my first use of a B&M product. They too were excellent.
How did you like the Lavanille?

Hey @Benjamin I still haven't found anywhere that sell Polsilver blades - or at least has them in stock.
Where do people usually acquire them from?
Hi @lerenau .i don't know of any stores that stock them, but you can order them in quantities online. I used http://www-blades.com/ , but you can get them on eBay too. If you want to PM me your address I'll send you some to try. :)

Hi @Benjamin,
Thank you so much for the offer.
I was in the process of PMing you for a pack. But then I followed a couple of threads on various blades (including Polsilver) and decided I wanted to try a heap of them.
I found an eBay seller that does custom combinations at a reasonable price. So, I'm giving that a whirl.
Again, thank you so much. :)