Hey

Status
Not open for further replies.
...and the answer is an empathic "No!" @Mark1966 , we are not doing this sort of thing next time we have a Canberra meet-up. I don't care how many Itchy Green Pants I've had.

I'll second that no!

Welcome Joel. Also good to see another person from western Sydney here.

You seem to have quiet a lot of good stuff already. Hang around here for a while I am sure you will add to it :)

Wait till you try some nice artisan soaps you'll chuck your current stash straight in the bin.

Wait till you try some nice artisan soaps you'll chuck your current stash straight in the bin.
Well, I was thinking about checking out some shaver heaven soaps but damned if I'm paying $20au for a soap when I can get stuff from the states for $15us!

SR?

@Anthony's gear is well regarded around here, and considered a step above the cheap stuff you can get from the US - more on a par with Barrister and Mann which would cost you more like $50 delivered to our shores unfortunately. The scents are a little sweet for me, but the lather quality is difficult to beat.

Well, I was thinking about checking out some shaver heaven soaps but damned if I'm paying $20au for a soap when I can get stuff from the states for $15us!
Haha! The overseas soap sound cheaper but at that price they are exactly the same cost (US$15 = A$20). Plus the postage is the killer. US$20 minimum usually.

(And @Anthony just offered a huge discount on some of his soaps here in this forum. [emoji6])

I kid, I kid. I saw the deal and I was mighty close to making a purchase but I'm trying not to buy any more soaps or creams until I finish at least one that I currently have.

(we'll see how well that goes)

Anyway, while we're on the topic of artisan soaps I haven't tried any yet, so recommend me some? Obviously, shaver heaven is on my list of things to try but what else is available? How much should I expect to pay for an artisan compared to mass produced soaps? Where do you buy them from?

Maggardsrazor has the largest inventory of artisan stuff. Postage is exe though. There is a 'artisan soap' category on the menu there.

Here's some well regarded brands to check out.

Barrister & Mann
Mikes natural soaps
Cold river soap works
Occams (australian)
Shaver heaven (australian)
Stirling soap company
Nannys silly soap
Arko

Actually, you'll have a wide variety to look at!

Personally I like Barrister & Mann, and Mikes.

Anyway, while we're on the topic of artisan soaps I haven't tried any yet, so recommend me some? Obviously, shaver heaven is on my list of things to try but what else is available? How much should I expect to pay for an artisan compared to mass produced soaps? Where do you buy them from?
They vary in prices but usually $15-30. So around the mid-high level of soap prices. With mass produced soaps the prices vary - but I a greater extent - from very low (a few $) to ultra high.

Artisans usually excel in quality ingredients and performance. They also have a huge range of scents.

You can buy them direct from the makers, or through shaving stores (Maggard, Italian Barber, Connaughts, Shaving Revolution, etc). You can ship it direct or through a Mail Forwarder.

Another alternative is to pick up some through the BST here. I think there's a few more going to hit shortly (I know @SydBJW plans to put some up soon). You can also ask (Want To Buy/WTB) for some soap eg Barrister & Mann

Mikes & Stirling are around 10us$ per puck - exceptional value IMO...only problem is shipping.

Mikes & Stirling are around 10us$ per puck - exceptional value IMO...only problem is shipping.
Yes. I forgot Mike's is quite cheap. The trouble is also his output so you have to wait. CP and it's just him!

Rob from Stirling has improved their formula and it's now better than ever. A it's quality soap for the very inexpensive price it is.

Or use a Mail Forwarder like Shipito to reduce the shipping costs.

Try one of the shaver heaven soaps and while your at it grab a phoenix soap from his site also to try a US soap and not have to worry about the postage side of things. If your from B&B you would have seen the pheonix followers

Status
Not open for further replies.